rain my entire stay?? what to do!!

disboardslurker

Mouseketeer
I have been planning this trip for years! on this trip I was finally going to ask my bf to marry me. I had it all planned out, then i looked at the weather forecast and it is supposed to be rainy and have thunderstorms our entire stay. (huge bummer) has anyone gone this time of year before? I chose this time of year because when i did some research it said this is typically the "dryer" season. so much for that lol are the rain storms during this time of year long? or are they relatively short?

What I am seeing on your long range is some off an on rain here and there. Not a total washout. It beats in the 40's and cold. It beats 95, humid and unbearably hot. I, personally, would like a forecast like yours for my trip. :)

Get you some good ponchos and exta shoes or rubber boots and carry on. Sometimes it is less crowded when it is rainy but still fun. When I was there last March it was rainy but not cold. Most days the showers would come and go. One day it was raining and we were able to ride big tender 3 times in a row with almost no wait. We had on ponchos but the hood down. It was a blast. If it got heavy heavy we would duck into a snack place and have a snack and a break or would go to shows. If nothing else, tour the resorts. There are many beautiful places to propose there too!

Don't sweat the forecast!!!! Seriously. I live two miles from the castle.

If you're seeing a long-range forecast that shows "rain" every day its wrong. While there might be a pop-up thunderstorm (which is more likely as we get closer to summer), it will quickly pass by.

Just to be safe, pack a poncho (or plan to buy one) and then stop looking at the forecasts. Its not worth the worry.

just cant help but feel like i wasted my money on this. no one wants rain on their vacation
Good luck going to Disney w/o rain popping up. It's almost impossible, but as others have said, it will not rain all day, every day you are there. Relax and enjoy your trip. :)

Some of our best pictures from our last vacation are of a 3yrold Snow White splashing in the street puddles in her fancy dress...

Like PP's have said, try to embrace it. The more you fight it, the more miserable it will be. Find an indoor place to do the proposal, or do it right smack in front of the castle! It's going to be a great memory for you, make it so!

Long range forecasts are notoriously unreliable. Bring (or buy there) a poncho. Go and have a good time (it's Disney World!). Stop expecting disaster. That's my advice. Most of us here have been to WDW when it has rained. It won't ruin your trip if you don't allow it to!

If you worry about the rain you will never go on any vacation. You said you leave Saturday? That's another week away. No forecasts are accurate that far out. We were just there Presidents week and it called for decent weather. Around 60 arrival day and warming through our stay. Nope! Rain hit one afternoon and it turned COLD for the next 2 days. Bright and sunny, but 40-50's daytime highs. I only hope your rainy forecast turns to the opposite, as mine did (although mine changed for the worse!) I will say, we walked on rides all night at MK in the rain and rode 7DMT with 20 minute wait and met Anna and Elsa with 20 minute wait! Go, get engaged and enjoy the magical moment! My Dad told me on our rainy wedding day morning that rain on a special day is good luck!

It is still early for the forecast to even be remotely accurate. I can't tell you how many times the forecast said rain every day a week or two before the trip and then it never rains at all.

I would get disposable ponchos(and lots of them) so you can toss them when the rain blows over. It rained a lot during our June trip, but it was no big deal and didn't ruin our trip at all. I would be disappointed seeing that forecast too OP, but it will still be a great trip!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter