• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Quick and Easy Appetizers

justjulie

<font color=teal>I got it, I got it !<br><font col
I know they're out there and I know the DIS Family is likely to have them so post your favourites - expecting about 20 people so bring on the recipes (and thanks in advance) ...

1# thick bacon
1 can pineapple chunks drained
toothpicks

cut the sliced bacon into 1/3s'
wrap a slice around a chunk of pineapple and secure with toothpick

place on wire rack on a cookie sheet and bake at 375 for approx 40-45 minutes until the bacon is done

serve hot or cold - super easy, super yummy

I make a bacon appetizer that is always eaten up quickly.

Fry up a pound of bacon or more depending on how many people you have coming. Drain it then chop it up with your food chopper or food processor. Then add mayonaise. I can't tell you exactly how much. For two pounds of bacon I probably used about a cup of mayo give or take. Then cut circles out of regular white bread with a biscuit or cookier cutter or shot glass or something that size. Put a spoonful of the bacon mixture on each piece of bread and top with halved cherry tomatoes.

I did two pounds of bacon for a party of about 15 people with about 7 of those being kids. I didn't have any left over and I think they would have eaten more if I had made more.

I know they're out there and I know the DIS Family is likely to have them so post your favourites - expecting about 20 people so bring on the recipes (and thanks in advance) ...

How much time do you have, and how much effort are you willing to put in?

Roasted Garlic and Sun-Dried Tomato Spread

Ingredients
7 Large bulbs of garlic
1½ Tbsp Olive Oil
1½ Pounds softened cream cheese
½ Pound Feta Cheese
3 Tbsp Chopped Fresh Oregano leaves
1 Pound sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil (1½ cups)
1 cup toasted walnuts

Preparation of Ingredients
1. Cut off about the top quarter of each of the garlic bulbs. Sit them on a large sheet of aluminum foil. Drizzle about ½ tsp of olive oil on each. Completely enclose them in the foil and roast in a 450 degree oven for about 45 minutes.

2. Crumble the Feta Cheese.

3. Drain the oil from the tomatoes and chop in a food processor. (Note - these are normally found in the produce section in a grocery store.)

4. Chop the walnuts.

Putting it Together
1. After the garlic has cooled, squeeze out the pulp from each clove into a large bowl. Avoid getting any of the skin in the bowl.

2. Add the cream cheese, blending well. Then blend in the feta cheese.

3. Then stir in the oregano, tomatoes, and walnuts.

4. Refrigerate for at least two hours to one day, covered, before serving.

I have both - party is not until July 30 (and I am in secret competition with my best friend - we always try to find a new and different appetizer for every party we host - it's my turn to host and I need a secret weapon LOL)

If you have men in attendance at the party...make Sugar Weenies...you'll win, I swear to it! LOL

Mini Ham and Cheese Sammies

1 c (2 sticks) butter
1 1/2 Tbsp grated dried onions
1 1/2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 Tbsp honey mustard
2 (12 ounce) packages Hawaiian rolls
1 pound cooked ham slices
12 ounces sliced swiss cheese

In saucepan, mix butter, onion, Worcestershire sauce & mustard, stir until blended and melted. Pour 1/2 of mixture into bottom of baking dish.

Assemble sandwiches with ham and cheese slices. Arrange rolls in single layer in baking dish, spreading them around to soak up suace in pan. Pour rest of sauce over tops of sandwiches, let them sit out for 30 minutes to 1 hour, then cover dish and refrigeragte up to 24 hours for sauce to soak in.

Preheat oven in 350 degrees, bake rolls for 10-12 minutes until rolls are lghtly browned and cheese is melted.

Sugar Weenies - maybe there's a reason the link doesn't work LOL ...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter