Questions regarding renting points

tfiga1

Mouseketeer
Hoping someone can answer a few questions I have regarding point rentals.

1. Can you use magical express?
2. Are tickets attached to the room key or separate?
3. Can the dining plan be added? Is it the same price?
4. Can renters use the facilities for members? Specifically the basketball courts?
5. For AKl how can you determine the required points to be in Kidani?

TIA

4. Can renters use the facilities for members? Specifically the basketball courts?

TIA

Can answer some.
Yes you can book ME, so you would need to know if they want that.

They need to present a credit card for any room charges etc. so not positive but I would believe if they have a credit card on file they should be able to if they did not purchase prior.

Yes they can get the dining plan and since DVC members do not get a price break price is as listed. They can put that on CC upon checkin. Please check, it may have changed as far as when payment is due or booking time.

They can use facilities, they do not get amenities or perks that are for DVC members. IE, they would not get free DVD rentals, since they are non members. The discounts and perks are only afforded to those staying at DVC with a 'member' card or member on their key card.

Not familiar with AK but I would refer to member points to differentiate point usage.

Good luck, hope this helps.:)

Yes they can get the dining plan...They can put that on CC upon checkin. Please check, it may have changed as far as when payment is due or booking time.

pretty sure this is inaccurate. you would need to have the DVC member book the DDP (paid for at time of booking) more than 2 days in advance of arrival, or it would no longer be an option.

TIA

Can answer some.
Yes you can book ME, so you would need to know if they want that.

They need to present a credit card for any room charges etc. so not positive but I would believe if they have a credit card on file they should be able to if they did not purchase prior.

Yes they can get the dining plan and since DVC members do not get a price break price is as listed. They can put that on CC upon checkin. Please check, it may have changed as far as when payment is due or booking time.

They can use facilities, they do not get amenities or perks that are for DVC members. IE, they would not get free DVD rentals, since they are non members. The discounts and perks are only afforded to those staying at DVC with a 'member' card or member on their key card.

Not familiar with AK but I would refer to member points to differentiate point usage.

Good luck, hope this helps.:)

pretty sure this is inaccurate. you would need to have the DVC member book the DDP (paid for at time of booking) more than 2 days in advance of arrival, or it would no longer be an option.

There is nothing inaccurate about this. Unless the rules changed. I answered the Op's question. Yes they can get DP, no there is no price difference since we do not get a price break. She asked if the dining plan can be added and if it is the same cost. It is the same as when we book, 48 hours prior if they want DP.

Maybe it is my interpretation of her question, I thought OP was asking if DP can be added to a renters trip the same as a DVC member would. I included in my answer for her to check in case anything may have changed. Last I knew, you can pay upon checkin. OP did not ask who, but if........
OP ask simple basic questions, I'm sure if more details were needed she would ask. Or better yet.... She would Call DVC!
In case I interrupted her questions incorrectly. Glad you cleared that up:goodvibes

I appreciate all the quick answers. I have one more question that I phrased incorrectly. How do I tell with the points calculator which rooms are in Jambo and which are in Kidani? Does it matter? I am most interested in being able to use the basketball courts as that was my son largest complaint about not going on a cruise.

Thanks so much.

I appreciate all the quick answers. I have one more question that I phrased incorrectly. How do I tell with the points calculator which rooms are in Jambo and which are in Kidani? Does it matter? I am most interested in being able to use the basketball courts as that was my son largest complaint about not going on a cruise.

Thanks so much.

I apologize, I thought you were the Dvc member renting points. From the post above you are the rentee?
The member would have to book ME for you and should have asked if you wanted the DP. Again that is something the renter would have to book with member services. Things like ME and DP are things that need to be booked prior to trip and only the member can speak with member services.
I urge you to contact the person you rented from and let them know you want ME and the DP. ME they would need your flight itinerary.
As far as Jambo or kidani, as I said b/f I am not familiar with AK. Did you give a preference when you asked the renter to check availability? I'm sure this is something you can ask the member you rented points from. Do you have, a hard copy of the confirmation? I think it would say, on the confirmation paper.
I rented one time and the rentee specified preference and that is what I asked for, the she ended up at BW since they did not have her amount of stay
available.

I'm sure those who own in AK can advise, but do urge you to get everything cleared with renter.
As far as basketball courts, I don't see why your son would not be able to use them if you are a guest at the resort, it would be like saying you can't use the pool.
What renters do not get is pool hopping privledges, free DVD's little perks like that.

You book Kidani or Jambo House as a booking category at the time of booking. Both AKV locations use the same point chart. The only difference is the "value" room are only located in Jambo House, there are no "value" units in Kidani.

The owner you rent from will specify Kidani or Jambo House when they book the reservation.

The value units are slightly smaller because all the Jambo House units were modified from standard hotel rooms, and were not built as DVC units originally.

In regards to basketball courts...I don't think there are any at Jambo, I think they are located at Kidani.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter