Questions on Indiana Jones Ride

sonney

Mouseketeer
How bumpy and/or scary is the Indiana Jones ride? Are there dips like a roller coaster? Are there spins? How do children react to it? Is there a detail description of the ride somewhere that describes exactly what happens (or at least some of possibilities as I do understnad there are lots of variables!). Thanks muchly for your help in understanding the ride better.

Have you been on Dinosaur at Animal Kingdom? It's essentially the same technology. Very bumpy but no downhill roller coaster type dips. No spins... you are in a Land Cruiser type vehicle so it is more like you are driving down stairs, going across a bridge that threatens to collapse. Some of the sights may be frightening to children (skeletons, snakes, fire, etc.).

flowerface.GIF
<font face="Comic Sans MS"><font color=navy>My kids refused to get on this ride until they were about 8. Once they did, though, they loved it. It is pretty intense with the fire, a skeleton that "jumps" at the car (more like falls forward), and a huge snake that "strikes."

However, like Donna said, there are no rollercoaster type dips, etc. It's more like an adventure thrill ride than a speed, lose your stomach type of ride.

We took my niece on it when she was about 5 or 6 - she screamed and cried through the whole thing. Afterward, we told her that it was all pretend, including the snakes, Indiana Jones, skeleton's, etc. She said "Oh". We took her on it again (she insisted) and the whole time she looked and me laughing and saying "its just pretend right?" Moral there was that we should have prepared her better in the beginning...she loves it now.

it really is like Dinosaur..but a LOT better!!!
its one of my favorite rides at DL!!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter