Questions about ABD California Backstage Magic

Madam Toussaud's Wax Museum. We didn't do it on our own time, it was an optional activity that they gave us on our first night. Given the choice again, I think I would have skipped it.
What would have been a better choice, in your opinion? The wax museum does not appeal to me either.

Are there any of Disney's tours its worth doing on pre or post ABD? e.g. Discover the Magic, Happiest Haunts over Halloween etc?

Depending on the schedule we are considering happiest haunts. I think it can be booked 30 days before. We are still 70+ days away! Ack!

What would have been a better choice, in your opinion? The wax museum does not appeal to me either.

We are not wax museum people either, but if it is free, and nearly everyone is going, it could be fun to goof around with everyone. Also, while we are not into star watching I heard that occasionally stars will "visit" their duplicate to have fun.

Check out videos of Arnold schwarzenegger and wax museum...really funny.

It didn't appeal to me initially either and I am glad I didn't pay to do it but once there it was ok...Glad I did it but even better it was free ! :) I personally would rather have done the Dolby but I think DD16 would have appreciated the wax museum more.

You are not allowed to switch hotels for this Adventure.

The Adventure is contracted through the Grand Californian. You are not allowed to book additional nights through your ABD reservation for anywhere but the Grand Californian.

Everyone gets a 4 day park hopper ticket that expires at the end of the day of your Farewell Breakfast. You have full access to both parks that day, but the ticket can not be extended, upgraded, transferred or sold.

Any additional days at the parks will require separately purchased tickets.

THANKS KEVIN for taking the time to post a reply!

What about post stay if you book that with ABD?
don't see why it would matter then...since the ABD portion is over

THANKS KEVIN for taking the time to post a reply!

What about post stay if you book that with ABD?
don't see why it would matter then...since the ABD portion is over

ABD has changed their policy regarding arrival transfers, but departure transfers remain the same.

If you book post nights through ABD, and the Grand Californian is your only option, transfers remain intact.

If you book post nights at any other location (including the other Disney hotels), you would be responsible for your own transportation to the airport.

You are welcome to do this and it may make sense financially, but if included transfers are important to you, then your post nights must be booked through ABD.

In the past, ABD would only provide arrival transfers on the day the Adventure began or if you had booked pre-nights through them for the first Adventure hotel.

They have recently changed this policy to include transfers whenever you arrive, but the transfers will only bring you from the airport to the first Adventure hotel.

You would then be responsible for transportation to the location of your pre-Adventure nights not booked through ABD.

Others have stated that the transportation took them to their alternate hotel, but this is not ABD's stated policy and not something on which you can depend.

If you have any questions, let me know.

Kevin@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com

ABD has changed their policy regarding arrival transfers, but departure transfers remain the same.

If you book post nights through ABD, and the Grand Californian is your only option, transfers remain intact.

If you book post nights at any other location (including the other Disney hotels), you would be responsible for your own transportation to the airport.

You are welcome to do this and it may make sense financially, but if included transfers are important to you, then your post nights must be booked through ABD.

Thanks again Kevin for taking the time to reply.

Nothing against the GC (it's amazing)...the Disneyland hotel appeals to us more style wise and It's history.

Not a deal breaker...after all they both are hotels and both are great properties.

Thanks again

Just got back from BSMT and my daughter has wanted to go to a wax museum for years, and I have always said an emphatic "NO". Since we got the free tickets we went and I actually had a good time. The other guests and guides made it even more fun.

Don't discount this, you can also leave at any time if you don't like it, but as they said in the commercial "Try it, you'll like it".

We found that the trip to the wax museum was a fun bonding experience with the other Adventurers on the first night of the trip. By the time you'll get there, the place will be mostly empty, so it's like having a private visit. And it's easy to get to know the others because everyone's taking photos for each other. As wax museums go, this is a good one.

We found that the trip to the wax museum was a fun bonding experience with the other Adventurers on the first night of the trip. By the time you'll get there, the place will be mostly empty, so it's like having a private visit. And it's easy to get to know the others because everyone's taking photos for each other. As wax museums go, this is a good one.

I definitely second this comment! My husband didn't want to go, so I went by myself. :( It was a blast and I was able to get to know other guests!

Our group didn't really stay together once we got to the wax museum and since it wasn't really our thing, we didn't stick around too long, plus we were tired from hiking Runyon Canyon earlier in the day so we left the wax museum pretty early. Our group didn't really start bonding until the next night at our optional activities.

We are booked on this trip on spring break next year. I am a bit nervous about the maximum group size. Does anyone know what the max. number of guests on this particular trip is?

I am super excited about this since dd and I both love Disney theme parks (we are seriously hoping that Shanghai Disney will be open next year when we are in China -- I booked our flights home from Shanghai just so we could visit).

I've read you get some Fastpasses on at least a couple of days that the tour is in the parks. Are these for specific attractions and/or times?

I was wondering if you find you don't need them because the queues are manageable, would they be good to use a day or two later?

We are booked on this trip on spring break next year. I am a bit nervous about the maximum group size. Does anyone know what the max. number of guests on this particular trip is?

I am super excited about this since dd and I both love Disney theme parks (we are seriously hoping that Shanghai Disney will be open next year when we are in China -- I booked our flights home from Shanghai just so we could visit).

The maximum group size on almost every ABD trip is 44 guests.

I just completed my 8th Backstage Magic and this has never been anise.

I've read you get some Fastpasses on at least a couple of days that the tour is in the parks. Are these for specific attractions and/or times?

I was wondering if you find you don't need them because the queues are manageable, would they be good to use a day or two later?

They are good for any fastpass attraction.

They expire the day they are given...but I have heard that some cast members will honor them after their expiration.

This is not the standard policy and it's not something you can count on happening.

We are not wax museum people either, but if it is free, and nearly everyone is going, it could be fun to goof around with everyone. Also, while we are not into star watching I heard that occasionally stars will "visit" their duplicate to have fun.

Check out videos of Arnold schwarzenegger and wax museum...really funny.

The Arnold thing happened a week before our trip! We were not excited about the wax museum, but our girls were so we went. We ended up having so much silly fun! I never would have believed it, but I ended up very pleased that we didn't skip it.

We received 5 each day we were in a park. They were good for that day only and they specified which attractions you could not use them on. For California Adventure, they were good on any attraction except Radiator Springs Racers, although the Guides did give us all a separate fastpass for Radiator Springs Racers, and at Disneyland, I believe they are good on every fastpass attraction except Matterhorn Mountain (it was down for refurb when we were there so was a moot point.

Remember Disneyland does not have the same number of Fastpass attractions as WDW. I believe it's something like 5 or 6 attractions at each park that are fastpass.

Can I ask a random question? I'm planning on doing a Napa Rose Chef's "Table" while we're there in October. Is it even possible to even do this any night during ABD? I think the seating time is 5-8pm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter