Question.

DisGirlAllie

DIS Veteran
Hi all! My dad is Disney Refugee on here. He is in Luxembourg on a business trip and has a question for me to post. So these are his exact words for the question.

Can you use Disney's Magical Express to get your luggage to your room and still rent a car?

I was personally thinking it was a no but he still wanted me to ask. Thank you so much in advance!

Techically, no. Disney has said that DME is not a luggage transfer service, that having your luggage delivered to your room is a perk of using DME. But, there have been lots of people that have tagged their bags and then rented a car and their bags have gotten to the resort just fine.

Okay thanks. My dad and I weren't quite sure. But he made me post anyway. Thank you for your help.

I would just rent a car on-sight or at one of the DTD locations.

There have been other reports of people not getting their bags as well and them being returned to the airlines as the person was never checked-in at the desk or scanned into the bus.

You run a big risk doing so.Last June we split up and 2 went for the rental and 3 went on ME with the bags coming later. We all arrived at SSR within 10 mins of each other.

I would just rent a car on-sight or at one of the DTD locations.

There have been other reports of people not getting their bags as well and them being returned to the airlines as the person was never checked-in at the desk or scanned into the bus.

You run a big risk doing so.Last June we split up and 2 went for the rental and 3 went on ME with the bags coming later. We all arrived at SSR within 10 mins of each other.

This is something I have yet to hear about. Could you tell me where you saw this posted, or who you heard had this kind of experience? I like to stay 'up' on what is transpiring with DME and I haven't heard of anyone's luggage not making it to the resort because they didn't ride the bus. Knowing the situation would most certainly be a benefit to those on the Transportation board. Thanks so much.

I read it in a trip report some time ago. Not sure of the details but must have been around my last June trip because we were renting but still wanted to use ME for our bags.We ended up just spliting up and using just the tags of the people going on the bus not that that matters.

Whoever was doing the TR stated that they were told that no one got on the bus or didn't even check-in (maybe that was the problem) so the bags were returned to MCO as unclaimed. I think they ended going to MCO to reclaim their luggage.

On my Oct trip I did overhear Bellservices telling a man that the bags would not have been delivered unless someone was on the bus . He was there looking for his bags and why they didn't show up yet. This was at POFQ.

Sorry I have no other details as I was walking by and didn't stay to hear the outcome.

WDW Lobby Concierge checking in: I have seen this situation happen too often. Sometimes if the guest is lucky their luggage will get to the resort, but more often than not it's brought right back to the airport. Just last week I had a guest who did not travel on the bus with his luggage and it took quite a while to not only locate the luggage but to get it back to the resort. In short, I wouldn't advise it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter