Question on DDP upgrade

Nancy for Disney

DIS Veteran
I know I have up until three days before my trip to upgrade my DDP. Right now I have QSDP but I want to upgrade to DDP. Will they have to cancel my reservation and then rebook giving me a new confirmation number for my trip? I have used a credit for my trip and I am worried about loosing it when they cancel the trip and rebook it. I hope that makes sense.

Since the dining plan is something that can be added to a reservation, I don't think it would change your reservation since you already have it as a package (with the QSDP).

It might be different if you had room only and went to change but in your case, I think you are fine. I have changed resorts in a package and never had a new confirmation # so I doubt adjusting the dining option will do this.

Good luck!

Not if the only thing you are changing is the type of dining plan. If you are changing dates on your reservation or switching to a different type of reservation, then you'd have to have the entire reservation changed, but the dining plan is a package add-on and can be added, removed or upgraded by itself, as long as it's done no later than 72 hours before arrival.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter