Question on DDP upgrade

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Plan' started by Nancy for Disney, Nov 22, 2009.

1. Nancy for Disney

Nancy for Disney DIS Veteran

I know I have up until three days before my trip to upgrade my DDP. Right now I have QSDP but I want to upgrade to DDP. Will they have to cancel my reservation and then rebook giving me a new confirmation number for my trip? I have used a credit for my trip and I am worried about loosing it when they cancel the trip and rebook it. I hope that makes sense.

2. Sandisw

Sandisw Moderator Moderator

Since the dining plan is something that can be added to a reservation, I don't think it would change your reservation since you already have it as a package (with the QSDP).

It might be different if you had room only and went to change but in your case, I think you are fine. I have changed resorts in a package and never had a new confirmation # so I doubt adjusting the dining option will do this.

Good luck!

3. TDC Nala

TDC Nala <font color=red>1937, what a year that was<br><fon Moderator

Not if the only thing you are changing is the type of dining plan. If you are changing dates on your reservation or switching to a different type of reservation, then you'd have to have the entire reservation changed, but the dining plan is a package add-on and can be added, removed or upgraded by itself, as long as it's done no later than 72 hours before arrival.