Question For WDW Cast Members

I do have a question for you CMs: does it take a long time for our letters/emails, etc. to get back to you?

I just (last week) received a letter from a guest I helped back in early 2012. Her letter was dated 4/30/12, so I'm guessing she didn't write until she had been home for 2 or 3 months.

Now, granted, the letter was sent to the GM of the resort I used to work at ... but since then, I've changed roles twice, and am now in a completely different department, so I can understand some additional time to get it to me.

We had the most amazing photo pass photographer ever and I didn't even think of doing any of this. It has been a year and a half since our trip and I still think about how special she made our experience. I wish I knew her name so I could write a letter now! I guess there is no way I could track her down at this point but I wish I could. Next trip I will remember to get names and go to guest relations or write a letter when I get home.

Silly question but a year and a half later, if I called them with my photo pass ID and a number of a photo on my disk they wouldn't know the photographer right?

Cheshire Figment said:
WDW Guest Communications
PO Box 10,040
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-0040

or

wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

Make sure you include the date, time, park or resort (and location) and cast member name from the name tag. The office that gets these can research to see exactly who the Cast Member was, and will send the correspondence, through managerial channels, to the direct supervisor of the CM. Usually a copy will also go in the personnel records.

Often, favorable comments will be read at a pre-opening team meeting.

I love the DIS Boards for how much I learn here! Thank you CM's for taking the time to respond to this thread - learned so much. We will be taking our 4th trip to the world in May - so I will be definitely be watching for great customer service & will send a hand written letter when I get home. I must say though I've never had bad customer service!

I just (last week) received a letter from a guest I helped back in early 2012. Her letter was dated 4/30/12, so I'm guessing she didn't write until she had been home for 2 or 3 months.

Now, granted, the letter was sent to the GM of the resort I used to work at ... but since then, I've changed roles twice, and am now in a completely different department, so I can understand some additional time to get it to me.

Thanks for taking the time to respond to my question. The reason I asked it was that we had contact on a future visit with a CM we had written a letter of praise about, and she said she had *just* received the letter; it had been several weeks since I had written the note, and did address it to Meg Crofton, so perhaps it had to go thru certain channels. I just want to know that the intended CM is notified and "rewarded"!:thumbsup2pixiedust:

We had the most amazing photo pass photographer ever and I didn't even think of doing any of this. It has been a year and a half since our trip and I still think about how special she made our experience. I wish I knew her name so I could write a letter now! I guess there is no way I could track her down at this point but I wish I could. Next trip I will remember to get names and go to guest relations or write a letter when I get home.

Just provide as much detail as you can regarding when you were in which park and where the photos were taken. Disney's pretty good at tracking down which CM did what. And even if they can't find that exact CM, the comments still get shared with leadership.

:earsboy:

It's great to get recognized in meetings or whatever but reality, I just hope that I give every guest I come in contact with throughout the day the best service I can and hope they come away feeling that they were treated well.

I have to say that working Parade Audience Control it can be a challenge to have every guest feeling good at the end of the evening but I still try.

Oh my goodness! Parade audience control! My husband and I had the *best* experience with a CM during major grid lock at the MK. The CM somehow managed to keep his cool and sense of humor while telling people to just keep swimming! I never thought to get his name and report him. He made a very frustrating experience not so bad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter