question for the new scrappers on this board re: animal kingdom swap

ok, I think that perhaps since this is a swap for the new people we should go with one element. I don't want the groups to be overwhelming either so I will limit each group to 10 people (and no one needs to panic, we can have more than one group) So each person would make 10 of each thing they sign up for. (am I making sense?) maggie

I would love to join in if there is space- not new but as an elder!! hee hee .. but i will let newbies sign up first so they can get their feet wet.. Michelle

Soccerchick - Well, the way swaps were traditionally around here the swap was divided into 2 groups A & B. Each of those had the same elements. People signed up for one in group A. You weren't required to do group B - but if you chose to do both (and 98% seemed to do both) then you chose a different element but had to do the same theme.

Then too many people were missing out on the swaps so they started doing a whole new group of A & B - calling them things like Creativity, Innovation, Vision...stuff like that. Each of those had group A & B as well. Of course there were always people who signed up for Creativity & then looked at the themes in Innovation and decided they wanted those items as well...so they'd sign up for both. (Yes, I was one of the crazies! LOL)

So for my first swap I chose Princess squares in group A - then decided I was missing out on some really neat stuff in group B so I signed up for Princess borders. My stuff went together. I used the same cardstock for everything. For the squares I did heat embossing of princess stamps I'd gotten in a tub at Mikes: Cinderella, glass slipper, Snow White, mirror. For the borders, I used the same embossing powder to accent the computer font I used and for the star/pixie dust stamp from the same tub. Those were the things that were the same - there were other aspects to the borders as well.

I like when things work together - less I have to do when I finally scrap those pages ;) but am intimidated by the whole page kit thing. :( It's hard enough to come up with a creative idea for a swap for a couple items. I put more into those elements than the things I do just for myself. If we don't do kits, you come up with an idea & just "copy" it to make the others. With kits, you have to come up with creative ideas that go together for ALL those elements.

So what I'm saying is there are good & bad aspects to both ways of doing it. Neither is better - just different...depending on your working style. And I'm good with whatever the group decides. :teeth:

Oops - ignore that rambling! LOL I took too long writing it out & I see that Maggie has already made it all a moot point. ;)

piratesmate said:
Oops - ignore that rambling! LOL I took too long writing it out & I see that Maggie has already made it all a moot point. ;)

That's okay-- I appreciate the help. I always looked at the posts when you swappers would display your products, but never paid attention to the rules and procedures. :rolleyes:

Thanks

I would love to do AK- I love that park. Also I think the due date is good, and just one element would be great!!!!!!!!
princess:.

bubbasmom99 said:
I was on board to host a Disney MGM studios swap at some point this year, and will still do so when all the dust settles from all the others :) I don't remember who originally volunteered to host the Animal Kingdom swap, but I think it's a great idea!!

I originally volunteered to do the AK swap. I thought we were goign to wait for the MK swap to finish and then do MGM and AK one at a time? I won't be offended if someone else wants to host AK, as long as I can join! I was hoping to finish MK first though.

I am game for an MGM and/or AK swap so sign me up for both.

March 24 is good for me, I'll be stuck at home with the new baby but DH can drive me around to get supplies. Although the gods and the credit card companies know I have plenty of stuff already.

One or two elements are fine with me. What would the groups be? One for rides, one for shows, etc....
Are we going to include Everest?

Arg!!! Losing power, that god for laptops. Keep me posted on the swap/s.

The date works for me-

I personally like the "old" way of doing 2 elements (A&B) because its was either enough for a 1/2 page layout or a good start for a larger one- But I don't like doing more elements than that because I generally dont do that in my own books so it was really hard to think that way... I also think 1 may not be enough for lots of themes where people would generally have more pictures-

I think the original plan was to fly Studios and DAK at the same time but I dont see why we couldnt fly MK and DAK about the same time :D

-em

I'd be interested in this one, I've just joined my first swap, the Magic Kingdom one. March 24th sounds fine, should give me plenty of time to do MK before needing to get going. Of course all this depends on the host being willing to deal with one rogue non-USA swapper!! One element per person sounds good to me!

christinadei, if you still want to host this swap, that would be completely fine with me. I was trying to get a swap together for the newbies so that they would feel confortable swapping. maggie

nicurn said:
christinadei, if you still want to host this swap, that would be completely fine with me. I was trying to get a swap together for the newbies so that they would feel confortable swapping. maggie

bubbasmom, what do you think?

Honestly I have no problem with you hosting it, but my thoughts are that it has already been planned, we can certainly do it next, and then MGM adn all of the newbies are welcome to join, but I don't want to make it a newbie swap only because several people on the boards are planning on participating in it already. All swaps are open to newbies and this would be a normal swap, 2 elements of your choice. Nothing hard. I'm fairly new to it all myself.

Maybe we shoudl make a new post, asking those originally involved in the planning of the 4 park swaps their opinions? I say we set it up immediately after the MK swap and everyone is welcome, we can do as many groups as we need.

Or you can do a general disney swap for newbies. People could sign up for a certain park, character, etc. I don't want to make you change your plans at all and i"m not offended in any way, I just don't want to leave anyone out.

I am soo mad I missed the MK sign ups !!! I soo wanted to be in on that since I have been in 2 Epcot ones and then in the Charcter and the ABC one.. Oh well guess I will just have to keep a better eye open.. I am up for the AK whenever its decided..

good idea for the newbie one to be on something already done by some other swappers.

bigsis1970 said:
good idea for the newbie one to be on something already done by some other swappers.

I agree with this. That way the other swappers won't want to participate. I also like the idea of the newbies doing one element each. You could do several that way. Why not do a newbie park swap. Do one at a time and one element each. You guys can do your own AK and then do MK, Epcot, and MGM if you wanted. Or do a genereal one and everyone can do what they want, including parks/attractions/characters, whatever.

Ok I am going to start a new post for a newbie ak swap. (that way there is no confusion between the other park swaps that will be happening). maggie

nicurn said:
Ok I am going to start a new post for a newbie ak swap. (that way there is no confusion between the other park swaps that will be happening). maggie

Good idea. IN your new post, you should mention that there will be a non-newbie swap right after the MK swap is complete.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter