question for the new scrappers on this board re: animal kingdom swap

Discussion in 'The Creative Community' started by nicurn, Jan 17, 2006.

1. nicurn

nicurn <font color=red>"dark side" scrapper <br><font col

hey guys, this is directed at the new scrappers who have joined the boards (welcome by the way :cool1: ) I was wondering if any of you wanted to do a swap with just the newbies, no pressure, not a lot of rules (a few but just basic ones). I was then wondering if you would want a disney themed swap or a general themed swap? I don't want y'all to be scared off of swapping and I know that there are a bunch of swaps going on right now that have a lot of rules (which may be fine for other people, no offense, but I'm not a big fan of a ton of rules, but the oldies here know that :rotfl2: :rotfl2: ) Anyhow, if there is any interest, I'd be happy to either host it or help a newbie host one. I just really don't want y'all to be afraid to swap. maggie

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. kaylajr

kaylajr <font color=red>Ultimate WPASADI Co-Winner<br><fon Moderator

Hey great idea

way to break in the newbies to swap (me being one of them)
    and maybe a few of the older EERR i mean more experienced swappers might want to join in too

Good Luck :goodvibes

4. potterphreak

potterphreak Mouseketeer

I would be interested. I am not new to scrapping but I am fairly new to this board (November, I think). I have been in one swap and am currently in two other swaps, but definitely would love another. Right now, I am really into the whole Disney scrapping thing as I am doing several pages for my kids' albums and then one whole album of A Year of Disney/The ABCs of Disney.

5. bubbasmom99

bubbasmom99 <br>Disney Obsessed<br><font color=red>I know you

Aww how sweet of you Maggie! :flower:

I think a color-based character page kit swap, like the character Bazzill swap I just did, would work really well for newbies.

6. scrappinmom

scrappinmom Still Tagless.......

I'm not a newbie scrapper...but a newbie here...I've done a ton of swaps on other boards...but wold love to get started here! So count me in! I'd love a Disney themed swap!

7. piratesmate

piratesmate <font color=red>Drah-gun! I don't do that tongue t

Count me in too! (Even though I've swapped before)

8. BernardandMissBianca

BernardandMissBianca <font color=red>I just love a dancing banana!<br>< Moderator

Hey Maggie,

I was wondering where you ran off to. I would love to join, I'm obviously not new to the board but I did just join my first swap. Some of the new swaps that popped up over the weekend seemed way out of my league but the character group swap sounded cool. I'm also not a big fan of rules! I would be game for anything but I would definitely do anything Disney. I also wouldn't mind hosting but I would need tons of help. :teeth: I don't know how to do the whole shipping part of it. I will read up on the old swaps to see how it works but any pointers would be greatly appreciated! Or you could just host and maybe I will be your apprentice.

Can someone explain the page kit swap? Do you purchase a background page and put it all together or just bag up the elements and leave it to the receiver to put the layout together the way they want it? I assume it would be in a 12x12 format, is that right? I only work in 12x12, except my autograph books which are 6x6, but I know a lot of people do 8 1/2 x 11.

Let me know what ya'll think. And if you want to move forward.

9. Disneyland_emily

Disneyland_emily DIS Veteran

Id join in as a rep from the "few of the older EERR i mean more experienced swappers " group...

-em

10. cannp123165

cannp123165 <font color=green>Very Quizzical<font color=teal>

I am new (although I am currently joining in with a few swaps). I would love to join in with this opportunity.
    princess:.

11. GrayFal

GrayFal I am REALLY over-vacationed this year ... well, EV

Hey, You're an "OLD Bee" :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Sorry, now where are my popcorn guys when I need 'em!
    :popcorn....nope, didn't work :confused3

12. GrayFal

GrayFal I am REALLY over-vacationed this year ... well, EV

Hi Em, good to 'see' you here.... :sunny:

13. Jotash

Jotash Mouseketeer

I think this is a great idea. :flower: I have been scrapping for five years (since DS was born) and have just joined my first swap, but now am wondering if I did the right thing. This is not meant to be an insult but...it's very intimidating and now I'm wondering if my stuff is even good enough for the more "experienced" groups. I want to join another since it helps me develop too and see what others do, but I hope everyone can understand if I'm just not that "fancy." A newbie swap sounds perfect.

14. pattyT

pattyT DIS Veteran

:banana: Y :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: YOU ROCK MAGGIE

i might be tempted to try again ;)

depending on the dates!

I still have one I have to finish - can't find the dang coluzzle I need for it - might have to go buy a new one gggrrrrrr.

15. ThinkTink510

ThinkTink510 <font color=purple>Tom Felton is MY Tag Fairy<br><

GREAT IDEA MAGGIE!!!

16. renessa

renessa <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ

I'd be interested...a newby... :earsboy:

17. disneyfreakjackie

disneyfreakjackie <font color="blue">The only thing better than a Di

The above post was mine (THINKTINK510) ... dd16 didn't log out ... AGAIN!!! :scared1:

18. Stephres

Stephres Likes Disney and Scrapbooking<br><font color=deepp

I have only been in one swap and frankly almost all of the stuff is still sitting in the manilla envelope it came in. I really would like to give it another shot, as long as I can use the stuff! :teeth:

19. nicurn

nicurn <font color=red>"dark side" scrapper <br><font col

well I guess there is some interest there. :cool1: so next question. disney or not disney? maggie

20. piratesmate

piratesmate <font color=red>Drah-gun! I don't do that tongue t

Patty - I have the Coluzzle you're looking for. Let me know if you want me to cut them out & send them to you! I'd be happy to do it for you! :teeth:

21. soccerchick

soccerchick Dis Veteran<br><font color=red>My husband has rice

I'd be interested, but to tell you the truth I'm as intimidated as h$%$. I'm a VERY plain, get it done kind of scrapper. I've never swapped before. Yikes!