Question about the monorail

prez65

Mouseketeer
Just a quick question...may have been asked and answered already but I have not seen it. Why does the inside of the monorail smell like a stable...or horses? I noticed this the last 3 times we where at Disney...do not know if anyone else noticed it or how long it has had that smell....these last 3 trips in 2 years I have smelled this.........Can't remember prior to this because it was over 6 years since I was there.:confused3

I've honestly never noticed it, but it sure has been the subject of many posts. I believe the operating theory du jour is that the smell is produced by some nasty carpet glue used when the Monorail was last refurbished.

Thanks for the reply.....I never smelled glue like that....it must have been straight from the horse.....I wonder when they refurbished them....it would make sense according to my timeline........

I work on cars (too much) and to me it smells like grease. Spaceship Earth has a similar smell, I figured it was just from maintenance of older rides.

Horse stables... hmm, I know a monorail pilot who went to work at the TriCircleD stables, maybe the smell is the same? ;)

Actually, I wonder if the glue theory was at least partially true because on our last trip in mid January we specifically noticed some of the monorail cars had recently been refurbed with laminate floors ......no more carpeting and those particular cars did not smell.

To me the monorail cars smell like a mixture of stale sweat, sunscreen, and the disinfectants they use to clean the cars every night. To me it's more like a gym or a locker room than a stable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter