Question about returns for JCPenneys

Discussion in 'Community Board' started by clh2, Sep 30, 2013.

1. clh2

clh2 <font color=green>I am the Pixie Stick NARC at my

Hi~
    Just a quick question regarding JCP's return policy. If I bought something from JCP now as a gift for my DD for Christmas, can it be returned after Christmas if it isn't "perfect"?

DD will be renting a house next year, (college student) and I found a PERFECT bedding set for her.

So if I get this for her, and she does't think it is perfect, can I return it? I did forward a pic of the set to her yesterday-so I -think- she would love it. dD loves chevrons, and this pattern has some in colors she loves, and the chevron pattern isn't overwhelming!

FWIW, I am very particular about keeping receipts.

I just do not shop at JCP much, so I just need a little help here. Thanks!

2. beavismom

beavismom <font color=green>*~*~*~*A tag full of gecko pixie

As long as you keep the receipt you should be fine. They no longer specify a return window in their policy unless it falls in certain categories and I have heard stories of people returning things 2 years later as long as they had the receipt. If you give her the gift receipt and she returns it, she will get a gift card though.

3. clh2

clh2 <font color=green>I am the Pixie Stick NARC at my

Thank you! No worries about giving DD a gift receipt. If it needs to be returned-she will have the "real" receipt! Nice to know there is no time limit either, because-who knows if a cooler pattern might become a trend next year. And the set is on sale now!

Again thank you!!!

4. apirateslifeforme

apirateslifeforme <font color=coral>The Next Mrs. Simon LeBon<br><fo

I agree...if they're anything like they were when I worked for them 20 years ago, they'll take ANYTHING back as long as you have the receipt. Just as an example...I worked in children's. A lady came in with a very obviously worn-and-washed t-shirt (faded, pilled, etc.). She took a new, identical shirt from the rack - larger size, though - and produced the receipt and tags for the smaller faded shirt. The receipt was from three years earlier. She then said, "My son outgrew it, so I want to exchange it for a new one." Well, she had the receipt, so we were required to do the exchange. (I won't get into the fact that there was a price difference and she refused to pay it, since in her mind, it was an even exchange).