Question about annual passes and getting rooms with % off

TiW is "Tables in Wonderland." It costs $75 for AP holders, and expires on the last day of the month you bought it. They do add an 18% tip, but since that's what I tip anyway, it's not an issue. And there is no problem with getting poor service because the tip is added, because you just give the server the TiW card when you ask for the check.

Thank you,this sounds nice,I was just looking reading about it.If you have a annuual pass it is a must have for the %20 off.

Also know that the % off will often vary based on resort category.

Right now, discounts are being offered through 10/2. If they are going to offer anything for Oct/Nov/Dec we probably won't see that until late Aug/early Sept. :confused3

Other advantage to getting an AP is that it qualifies you to purchase the TiW card... 20% off food & beverage (including alcohol) at nearly all table service locations for up to 10 people. We MUCH prefer TiW to DDP. Card is $75 for 1 year (typically expiration is the end of the month AFTER the 1 year so you really end up getting 13 months) so break even point is $375, everything after that is savings.

You only need 1 AP to qualify for discounts.

Room discounts will vary based on type of accommodation & time of year. They are only offered for a few months at a time. Right now, discounts are available from 15 - 42%.

Tables in Wonderland is described above.

I'm with snykymom... we do not like the DDP at all. TiW works better for us. Everyone is different :confused3

You can access the passholder site and book a room with a voucher. No need for a fully activated AP. When you order an AP you are mailed a voucher (unless of course you select will call to avoid the shipping fee) that needs to be activated in person. Your AP calendar begins the day the voucher is activated on site, not the day you purchase so you could purchase an AP now, book a room & your AP anniversary date would be your check-in day (presumably).

Discounts of all types have been plentiful this year and last -- PIN codes, public codes, AP offers, etc. That was not so much the case before the economy tanked. There was a time 3-4 years ago when AP rates were few and far between and many people were complaining that Disney was not treating its most loyal customers very well. It's really all a matter of supply and demand as far as room discounts.

Very good info here,thank you for the help everyone.

:idea::idea: ...Any advantage to buying 1 annual pass for my self then going to disneyworld.com "passholder" area for the discounts ?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter