Purchasing a stripped resale?

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by christianweecare, Oct 18, 2013.

1. disneynutz

disneynutz DIS Veteran DIS Lifetime Sponsor

With 2 home resorts you can alternate every other year and borrow to double your points for the stay while booking at 11 months.

:earsboy: Bill

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.

to hide this adverts.
  3. christianweecare

christianweecare DIS Veteran

That's what we have in mind.

4. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Are you including the dues for those points in the $10 a point? I'd just go for the owner paying the dues on all the missing points and maybe a $1 or $2 for the missing points. Otherwise, you are valuing the points at $500 a point ($10 per year of the contract) which is absurd.

5. belias21

belias21 DIS Dad's Club Member #717

OK, I need help understanding something here. I think it is fundamentally correct to assume that one could offer $5-$10 less pp for a stripped contract. How does that play in to the ROFR process though? Does Disney factor that in too?

Back when I bought my contract, I paid $58pp. Although we all know it's not an exact science, DVD was exercising ROFR seemingly around the $55pp range. If I had offered $53 or less because it was stripped, even though the seller may have accepted, it probably would have gotten snagged, no?

6. disneynutz

disneynutz DIS Veteran DIS Lifetime Sponsor

Disney takes available points into consideration when they look at ROFR.

:earsboy: Bill

7. Dean

Dean DIS Veteran<br><a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis

I use $5 a point for dues and an additional $5 pp as rental return as a round number. I do this partly to make it simple and partly because one can often rent out points for a resort you don't own at. Also, often the home resort window doesn't come into play for points gained in a purchase that one plans to rent out. Certainly there's some variation on return from one resort to another, one unit type/view/season to another. The dues will vary a little as well. If one wants to further micromanage this issue, it can be done relatively easily. It's also possible to get more than $10 a point in many situation, upwards of $13 a point total (including dues) is sometimes workable. I'm comfortable with the $10 a point and feel it's a good representation for points not overly restricted. I'd use a much lower number of banked and/or very restricted points. I wouldn't pay any dues on them and would value them at much less than other points, how much less would depend on specifics.