Pumpkins and Pirates and Cowboys... Oh my! Our dream Disney TR!

Hot holy carp, how did your trip sneak up like that???

Wow, you must be getting so excited! I hope you feel better soon. :goodvibes

With three days until D Day, I am thinking about the Itinerary and what I would like to do, eat and finally buy....

It is this last part that I would like to elaborate on. I LOVE to shop, but some of the shopping will be pure christmas and some pure wedding!!!!

I know I want:

~ Bride/groom ears
~ Book of Mary Blair Artwork
~ Beauty and Beast on Carousel print for our wall
~ Playhouse disney stuff for DN
~ Ears for DN and DNephew
~ Glass slippers for us and for table at the wedding
~ Just married pins
~ Pins for my grandma and Mom
~ Postcards
~ Christmas Ordiments

It goes on and on!

I hope to be on later!

Great list! I love shopping lists!!! :love:

Quick suggestion though from one Mary Blair fan to another. There are three books out right now that showcase her talents the best:

The Art and Flair of Mary Blair by John Canemaker -- shows a lot of her stuff from when she wasn't working for Disney and a lot of the concept art for several of her Disney films -- plus a good bit about her life.

Alice in Wonderland by Mary Blair and Jon Scieszka -- all the illustrations are her concept artwork for the film.

Cinderella by Mary Blair and Cynthia Rylant -- again all the illustrations are her concept art.

Amazon has all of them, and they are discounted at 34% -- you won't be able to beat that price. I own all three and love, love, love them! :goodvibes

OOoooh!! A shopping list!! I can't believe your trip is in TWO DAYS!! I am so excited for you. Are you feeling better?

Two Days!!!!!! :woohoo:

In case I miss you before you leave....have a safe and wonderful vacation! We'll be like 2 ships passing at the airport, you leaving the day we arrive. It will be fun to compare stories once I get back.

Have a Magical trip!

Great list! I love shopping lists!!! :love:

Quick suggestion though from one Mary Blair fan to another. There are three books out right now that showcase her talents the best:

The Art and Flair of Mary Blair by John Canemaker -- shows a lot of her stuff from when she wasn't working for Disney and a lot of the concept art for several of her Disney films -- plus a good bit about her life.

Alice in Wonderland by Mary Blair and Jon Scieszka -- all the illustrations are her concept artwork for the film.

Cinderella by Mary Blair and Cynthia Rylant -- again all the illustrations are her concept art.

Amazon has all of them, and they are discounted at 34% -- you won't be able to beat that price. I own all three and love, love, love them! :goodvibes

OOOOHHHHH..... Thank you! Maybe I should just ask for them for Christmas!!! DF was going to buy the book as a present.... maybe I can convince him for something else!

I am a huge Mary Blair fan!!!

OOoooh!! A shopping list!! I can't believe your trip is in TWO DAYS!! I am so excited for you. Are you feeling better?

I AM EXCITED.....

Can I make a small request before I leave? Please update.... pretty please with cherries on top.......

Two Days!!!!!! :woohoo:

In case I miss you before you leave....have a safe and wonderful vacation! We'll be like 2 ships passing at the airport, you leaving the day we arrive. It will be fun to compare stories once I get back.

Have a Magical trip!

I will be DISing lots today and tomorrow... but in case I miss you, THANKS and have fun yourself! I can't wait to hear all about your adventures!

Today being pizza Wednesday at work, I am really thinking about what I will be eating in two days. We are eating pretty much everywhere we wanted to, and it is food and wine to boot, so we get to sample all the yummy goodies at the stations. I am so excited to read that the chedar soup in Canada is offered at their stand. DF is excited about the Mojitos availability.

So here for your listing pleasure:

Things I am excited to eat/drink:

~ My first Dole whip
~ School Bread
~ A Lapu Lapu
~ Cheddar Soup
~ Smores at 50's Primetime Cafe
~ Popcorn on Main street
~ Pot Stickers
~ Nachos in Mexico
~ Cake
~ Cobb Salad
~ Pasta at Tonys
~ Breakfast Pizza

The list could go on and on....

What am I missing?

Today being pizza Wednesday at work, I am really thinking about what I will be eating in two days. We are eating pretty much everywhere we wanted to, and it is food and wine to boot, so we get to sample all the yummy goodies at the stations. I am so excited to read that the chedar soup in Canada is offered at their stand. DF is excited about the Mojitos availability.

So here for your listing pleasure:

Things I am excited to eat/drink:

~ My first Dole whip
~ School Bread
~ A Lapu Lapu
~ Cheddar Soup
~ Popcorn on Main street
~ Pot Stickers
~ Nachos in Mexico
~ Cake
~ Cobb Salad
~ Pasta at Tonys
~ Breakfast Pizza

The list could go on and on....

What am I missing?
I am really excited for you to try the school bread. It was flipping fantastic. I ahve heard they have changed it slightly so I am anxious to hear if you like the newer version. Mmmmmmm. Would that be the Cobb Salad from Brown Derby? Can you fed ex me some? Have you worked that out yet? :yay:

Mmmmm, Disney food is so much better than the cheetos and sandwich I am eating right now!!!

As you can tell, I am a huge Mary Blair fan as well -- one of the reasons I really wanted to go to Food and Wine this year was that the artwork looked like something she would do.

I am really excited for you to try the school bread. It was flipping fantastic. I ahve heard they have changed it slightly so I am anxious to hear if you like the newer version. Mmmmmmm. Would that be the Cobb Salad from Brown Derby? Can you fed ex me some? Have you worked that out yet? :yay:

I can't wait to try school bread too.... we will probibly share it in case I have a reaction to it, but I still can't wait.

And yes that is the Cobb Salad in question. I haven't figured out how to send you one yet.... but maybe by then I will...

Mmmmm, Disney food is so much better than the cheetos and sandwich I am eating right now!!!

Thinking about food makes me hungry. I may have to do another short update to get my mind off of food!

As you can tell, I am a huge Mary Blair fan as well -- one of the reasons I really wanted to go to Food and Wine this year was that the artwork looked like something she would do.

I will take TONS of pictures to share with you CP!

Is it wrong that I am insanely jealous of the food you'll be eating in a few short days? :lmao:

Is it wrong that I am insanely jealous of the food you'll be eating in a few short days? :lmao:

~ My first Dole whip

Everything you've read?
Doesn't. Do. It. Justice.
This was fan-flipping-tastic.

~ A Lapu Lapu

::sigh::
That's all.
::sigh::

Oh.
And Y.U.M.

~ Cheddar Soup

No joke. I could eat this EVERY day.

This dessert is so simple and yet it was wonderful. The entrees here are filling so make sure you leave room! While I'm sure it would travel well back to the room, this is definitely a dessert best eaten HOT!

I love that you just have a generalization of "cake". I think you could be ZZUB's BFF. LOL

What am I missing?

If you can stop into Capt. Cook's to try Tonga Toast (if you don't already have a breakfast ressie at Kona, I can't recall), DO IT. TRUST ME. ::yes::

Everything you've read?
Doesn't. Do. It. Justice.
This was fan-flipping-tastic.
I am not supposed to have icecream....

I am cheating just for this!!!

No joke. I could eat this EVERY day.

I am so psyched that they put this at the F&W station

This dessert is so simple and yet it was wonderful. The entrees here are filling so make sure you leave room! While I'm sure it would travel well back to the room, this is definitely a dessert best eaten HOT!

Definately!!!!

I love that you just have a generalization of "cake". I think you could be ZZUB's BFF. LOL

I ordered a cake to be delivered to our room for DF's birthday!

If you can stop into Capt. Cook's to try Tonga Toast (if you don't already have a breakfast ressie at Kona, I can't recall), DO IT. TRUST ME. ::yes::

We are going to HAVE to! Every picture I look at looks amazing!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter