Publix's or Walmart for Birthday Cake ?

Publix, hands down! Buttercream icing! Walmart is awful...their icing tastes like plastic.

PUBLIX PUBLIX PUBLIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL I guess you have your answer from all of the posts, huh? :lmao::cool1:

I am not a big cake eater at all but I could eat a bunch of Publix cake. Mmmm.... I think there is a Publix at the corner of Vineland Rd. and International Drive...though I could be wrong, LOL!

Another loyal Publix shopper shouting PUBLIX! Do not get the whipped frosting, the buttercream is amazing. They have the best bakery of all the grocery stores down here!

Publix has much better quality store-made foods....I would definitely go there. :thumbsup2

Publix is the only place for birthday cakes in our family. You will not be disappointed.

publix cakes are nice but pricey and to tell you the truth.... the last cake I bought was from supertarget for dd's bday in Feb. They did a great job too. they made a cupcake cake and all the girls like it. I was impressed with the taste and price. :confused3 I dont think I will go back to publix cakes unless its a small round one.

Well, Publix did our WEDDING cake. It was beautiful, and very tasty!

Publix. They did our wedding cake last year and it was very yummy!!!!

Hi! :goodvibes that's cool!!

Yet another vote for Publix. It's hard to find a bakery that will make a cake my DS4 can eat due to his long list of allergies (peanuts, shellfish, eggs, grass, weeds, cockroaches, on and on and on). He can eat Publix cakes!!! I don't care what the cost is if he's able to eat it without a problem, they'll always make my baby's cake while we're here! :goodvibes It tastes really great - almost as good as a small bakery we love in MI. They're better than Publix but 1,000 miles from our house so we settle with Publix. :goodvibes

Have a great trip! If you google, find the one closest to where you'll be and order it in advance so it'll be ready for you to pick up when you're ready for it.

I say go for Wal Mart but that is only because I don't have a Publix (and have never been to one) in my area. My local Wal Mart is the only place I get my daughters birthday cakes, unless I make them myself. The cakes are always moist and yummy, plus we get a real strawberry filling in the middle of the cake with the whipped frosting. Oh so yummy.

I did this last year when it was DS' birthday while we were at the beach. I got the address of the nearest Publix and called them up a week before his birthday. They gave me the choices over the phone and I ordered the cake to be ready the day we arrived. It was lovely, and DS was thrilled to have a good birthday cake even on vacation.

I live in Miami and have had both - and Publix is far superior - they also will accommodate your tastes/wants and are not expensive (probably a little more than walmart, but not too much).

In my family it's not a birthday unless there is a Publix birthday cake there. My neice's favorite dessert is Publix birthday cake and whenever she comes to town from Philly we have to get one (even though it isn't anyone's birthday!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter