Publix's or Walmart for Birthday Cake ?

cswtmom

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone :flower3:
We don't have a publixs or a walmart with a bakery here where I live so,
I need to get a birthday cake (spongebob) :cake: for my granddaughter 6th while we are on vacation we are staying at Quality Inn International on International drive.
We want to surprize her with a cake. :cake:

What would your choice be and why ??

Thanks for your input :thanks:
WOW only 19 day til we will be at DISCOVERY COVE :yay::yay::yay:

As a local, I would recommend PUBLIX! Their cakes are soooo yummy, way above and beyond regular grocery store cakes.

Publix cakes are far superior to Walmart. The are a little more expensive, but worth the extra cost.

I'd go with Publix. The prices are comparable (at least here) and I've always had good customer service when I needed a cake, cupcakes, or pull-apart cake that's a little different from the standard. Plus, the cakes are yummy! ;)

Another vote for Publix here. Walmart cakes always seem tooo sweet, where as Publix seems to have it right. Paying alittle more is so worth it in this case, and I'm such a tightwad!:)

1st choice - publix
2nd choice - sam's
wal-mart would not make the list

No contest. Former Floridian here. PUBLIX only!!!! They have a great bakery right in the store!

Add another Publix vote, I have had too many stale Wal mart cakes.

Publix by a long shot. The local one here is great.
They will work with you about any design you want. The cakes are yummy and that is putting it mildly. Moist cake and the bestest icing.....

yummmmmmm

Looks like Publix is the winner.

If you want a quality cake, I would say there is NO comparison. Publix cakes are the best! My DD is not a big cake eater (is she really related to me? LOL!) & will eat Publix cake. Their icing is to die for. Their cakes are moist..yum! I wish I had a piece right now!

Publix is my vote! :thumbsup2

Good luck & hope you have a great trip!

The difference here is this: Publix makes a two layer cake, with icing in the middle. Walmart is a flat sheet cake one layer, iced. Publix will be higher, but you get more for your money. Publix also has a higher quality icing (not as oily in my opinion)

Publix wins here

Publix - the only way to go! The difference in price is the superior quality and taste of their cakes. You won't go wrong getting a birthday cake at Publix!

Another vote for Publix! Their cakes are worth the extra price. All their baked goods are yummy...they have a great bakery.

Another Floridian here..publix all the way. Their cake is sooo good - yellow cake with the buttercream frosting (not whipped frosting) is my favorite.

Seriously, I went to law school in upstate ny and went to wegmans 3 times a week at least, which is really my fav grocery store..but NOTHING compares to the publix bakery..

They will also customize cupcakes and they will even make cookie cake using the ORIGINAL choc chip cookie dough (floridians will know - the difference between the new cookies and the old cookies is unreal..but they will make the cookie cake with the OLD cookie dough!!!)

On the Spongebob theme--I would definitely go to Publix. We were in FL last week & they had the neatest Spongebob cake for one of their displays. They made a whole Bikini Bottom theme on the cake--but the cool thing was how they used a 9x13 cake on the bottom & then cut up a 2nd 9x13 & layered it on top of it to make it tiered. It's hard to explain but I was very impressed with how they put it together.

As a former Publix bakery worker I highly recommend anything coming out of there--definitely top notch!

Without a doubt, Publix. We always get our cakes from the Publix bakery. Their buttercream frosting is the best!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter