PTR Oct 2010 - An Aussie returns: Back home and TR started (11/02)

I saw that update today too regarding the hours....I plan on going to DTD sometime on Tuesday the day I am going to MNSSHP. Of course all of my plans are very loosely based and change daily!! :laughing: I hope the stores are open that early.....I think they were normally around 11 or so :confused3

Tracy

I saw that update today too regarding the hours....I plan on going to DTD sometime on Tuesday the day I am going to MNSSHP. Of course all of my plans are very loosely based and change daily!! :laughing: I hope the stores are open that early.....I think they were normally around 11 or so :confused3

Tracy

Hi Tracy! I'll probably send you a PM with my contact details.....it would be nice to try and hook up. DisneyFirefly and I will be at MNSSHP on the Tuesday; so maybe we could meet up for a drink somewhere.....preferably NOT alcoholic! :rotfl2:

Off-topic and completely an international traveller thing!

Today, the Aussie dollar hit a 27 year high on the foreign exchange compared to the US dollar. Australian $1 = US $0.99. We're almost at parity.

:cool1: :banana:

The reason I'm celebrating?

Australia is a GREAT place to live.....except that shopping goods are expensive. For me, shopping in the US is fantastic value for money on a direct item for item basis.

For example, I have my eye on a Canon lens (17 - 55 mm f2.8). This lens is about $1100 in the US. It's $2000 over here. That is a whopping $900 difference. And if I were to purchase this item in the US, the difference alone pretty much pays for my airline ticket (but NOT the airport taxes).

I am so at the bank tomorrow and locking in more money. Afterall, at this exchange rate, it does NOT make sense to NOT spend more money!

I remember I used to travel to Canada and the dollar was very strong. It was worth $1.40 or so Canadian, I called it the land of 1/3 off. Now not so much, or so I hear I haven't checked the exchange rate recently, but I think last I heard their dollar was worth more than ours.

Yay for more spending power! :banana:

I think I am approaching the 2 week mark before I fly off to the World. And in the spirit of "keeping up" with the other uber planners on the Boards, I NOTiced that a number of the October DisTravellers have posted their final itineraries. :thumbsup2

So, I guess it's my turn....NOT.

For anyone wanting to find out how I will be spending my days at WDW from the 24th of October through to the morning of the 27th of October, this is NOT my final itinerary.

It is clearly Firefly's ! But you'll get the idea of how I'm spending my 3 days at the World. :lmao:

princess::upsidedow

I have previously posted my NOT Top 10 WDW Rides and in case you missed it, there was NOT a thing that I did NOT like at WDW.

Firefly asked if this was really the case....

In truth, I was probably NOT brave enough to post what rides I did NOT like as I am more than aware that what one likes, another does NOT; and vice versa.

So, I've spent the last week thinking about this and....guess what? I struggled to find any rides that I did NOT like at WDW. True - there may be some that are NOT in my favourite rides; but there are none that I would say I absolutely do NOT like.

But in doing the soul searching and retrospective belly gaze, I realised that there are some rides at WDW that I have NOT been on. In my life, I have spent a grand total of 20 days at WDW so far; and sad to say, I have NOT managed to complete the grand sweep of riding or seeing all attractions! So, here is my revisited....

Rides at WDW that I have NOT been on (yet)

Animal Kingdom
Maharajah Jungle Trek
TriceraTop Spin

Magic Kingdom
Magic Carpets of Aladdin
Country Bear Jamboree
Halls of President
Many adventures of Winnie the Pooh

Epcot
Ellen's Energy Adventure
The Seas with Nemo and Friends (*This was the Living Seas in 2005, Turtle Talk had been opened and we did NOT go back to see this in May!)
Reflections of China
American Adventure
O Canada

Hollywood Studios
Sounds Dangerous
Great Movie Ride (I can NOT believe this one either!)
Journey into Narnia
Voyage of the Little Mermaid
Magic of Disney Animation

I am hoping to be able to remove some of the above attractions from this NOT done list!

princess::upsidedow

Wow I can't believe some of the rides you have NOT been on.

Some of them are on my top 10 list (that is yet to be revealed). I've found that during F&W Ellen's Energy Adventure is a great ride. A few kiosks and glasses of wine, your belly is all full, and it's a nice 45 minute dark show that you can hang out in and enjoy!

Pooh is one of my MOST favorite rides, I like the WDW one better than the DLR one!

Wow I can't believe some of the rides you have NOT been on.

Some of them are on my top 10 list (that is yet to be revealed). I've found that during F&W Ellen's Energy Adventure is a great ride. A few kiosks and glasses of wine, your belly is all full, and it's a nice 45 minute dark show that you can hang out in and enjoy!

Some of the rides were NOT opened in 2005 and what with my family and everything, I just did NOT get round to them in May. DS did NOT enjoy HS in 2005 and had a meltdown there; so we missed out on a lot of things. And in May, I was NOT well; so I left early. This time round...I'll get to it!

I'm hoping that Firefly will be happy to do this one with me; if she is NOT, we can meet up somewhere afterwards. I plan on having a full belly and maybe NOT glasses of wine when I do this ride. It sounds like the perfect thing for a hot afternoon. :thumbsup2

Wow, really? You haven't been on Pooh? Do you want to go before it closes down for refurb? :)

YES!

I can't remember....but I do NOT think I've been on the Pooh at WDW. Done the one at DLR.

Pooh is one of my MOST favorite rides, I like the WDW one better than the DLR one!

That's good to know. I'm likely to feel the same way....

I'm hoping that Firefly will be happy to do this one with me; if she is NOT, we can meet up somewhere afterwards. I plan on having a full belly and maybe NOT glasses of wine when I do this ride. It sounds like the perfect thing for a hot afternoon. :thumbsup2

YES!

I can't remember....but I do NOT think I've been on the Pooh at WDW. Done the one at DLR.

I've actually never been on UoE, so sure, I'll go on it with you :) I won't have any wine, though. Maybe a lemonade :laughing:

We'll have to make sure we go on it the night of the 24th :) It closes for refurb the next day!

I've actually never been on UoE, so sure, I'll go on it with you :) I won't have any wine, though. Maybe a lemonade :laughing:

We'll have to make sure we go on it the night of the 24th :) It closes for refurb the next day!

Lemonade will be fine with me....a frozen lemonade will be even better :thumbsup2.

Okay - let's try for Pooh on the 24th. If we end up NOT getting on it, that's still fine with me.

Sounds good to me :) I'll have to check and see if Pooh is open during the party, otherwise we could try and hit it before dinner :)

You guys have to go on UoE, but it's a little dated. Ellen is very young and you should know who Bill Nye the Science Guy is for it to make sense. He hasn't been around for a while at least I don't think so. It's a funny and informative show/ride, we do it almost every trip, also it's pretty HA. Most of the rides we do are.

Well, I'm NOT in the picture. I do NOT know who Bill Nye is....going off to google. Must be an American thing? :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter