PTR for the planning obsessed....Updated 11/5 We're home now.

Hey there, hon! I'm glad the Aerobed is going to work out for you. I think it's a great solution.

As far as the stroller, we've traveled with ours every time (a big Graco travel system type one), and knock on wood, it hasn't been damaged yet. So hopefully, you'll have the same experience.:goodvibes

Huggies overnights are fantastic diapers. Not to be gross, but they hold a lot. I mean A LOT. We still use them at night with DS. I wouldn't worry about the flight. As long as you change him before boarding, you should be fine, unless he...well, you know. That was a horrifying diaper change to have to do on a plane. Just make sure you have plenty of wipes, perhaps a small tube of diaper cream if they'll allow it, and maybe even a towel instead of those small changing pads. If I had it to do over, a towel to spread over the seat, or over DH would have been nice (again depends on the size of the kid at the time.)

HTH!:goodvibes

I should clarify....we are in the planning stages for another child.....we hope to add to the family in 2009....hence why I don't get to plan a Disney trip for 2009.

Oh that's great! A little brother or sister for Liam. Congrats early. I hope you have an easy breezy pregnancy :)

I'm glad the Aerobed seems like a winner! :yay: I hope the stroller makes it through the flight okay, and I'm sending you :goodvibes for the 2009 pregnancy!

Heidi, I bet you are feeling relieved that some of the Liam questions have been resolved!

81 days should fly by! :banana:
I am. I love to have solutions!

Hey there, hon! I'm glad the Aerobed is going to work out for you. I think it's a great solution.

As far as the stroller, we've traveled with ours every time (a big Graco travel system type one), and knock on wood, it hasn't been damaged yet. So hopefully, you'll have the same experience.:goodvibes

Huggies overnights are fantastic diapers. Not to be gross, but they hold a lot. I mean A LOT. We still use them at night with DS. I wouldn't worry about the flight. As long as you change him before boarding, you should be fine, unless he...well, you know. That was a horrifying diaper change to have to do on a plane. Just make sure you have plenty of wipes, perhaps a small tube of diaper cream if they'll allow it, and maybe even a towel instead of those small changing pads. If I had it to do over, a towel to spread over the seat, or over DH would have been nice (again depends on the size of the kid at the time.)

Thanks for the Huggies overnight info!

Oh that's great! A little brother or sister for Liam. Congrats early. I hope you have an easy breezy pregnancy :)
It's way early for congrats but thanks for the good thoughts!

I'm glad the Aerobed seems like a winner! :yay: I hope the stroller makes it through the flight okay, and I'm sending you :goodvibes for the 2009 pregnancy!

I hope the stroller gets thru okay too....but at least I have directions to Target if it's not!

I like the fact that we should get years of use for the Aerobed. I have to remember to get those velcro cable ties that you suggested for the stroller!

I should clarify....we are in the planning stages for another child.....we hope to add to the family in 2009....hence why I don't get to plan a Disney trip for 2009.

I just love you Heidi! "we are in the planning stages for another child" :goodvibes Are we going to have a PTR for baby #2...where were you in my life when I was still in the baby planning stages....:rotfl:

We got thru 2 r/t flights w/ ours and only on the last did one of the reclining straps clips snap, but still functioning well. You'll love having the big one with you for a more comfy baby and snoozes along the way, plus all your loot (as Amy would agree) and don't forget a thin towel or blanket to clip on the canapy and drap over him when he's snoozing or to just get some extra sun or noise away...it has worked for 2 Disney trips for us, plus we used the towel on this one as a spot saver for parades

Ok I have done one of those diaper changes on the plane too in an infant carseat no less...not fun. I think the overnight diaper is a great idea and having a towel or maybe even a diaposable changing pad or something behind him to help ward off wet or sweat from the carseat too. GOOD LUCK!!!!

bringing the small stroller or picking one up, is smart for late night dinners, just make sure ahead TS places would let you bring it in....

and just two last things to keep in mind for the sleeping arrangements...

in the crib they [babies] are somewhat contained (or in my lovely Margaret's case now she can climb out and hang there till I or a sibling pulls her off oh FUN:eek: she was not doing that prior to Disney btw) but in the little bed which I think is a really good solution and yes you will use a ton for many more trips to come! but what I'm getting at is once he wakes, he is awake and FREE! this is the main reason I'm dealing w/ Margaret climbing out of her crib in the morning, becuase she is too young to understnad the concept of lay there and go to sleep, let alone stay there if she wakes....

and this could happen once you're home, even with Margaret in the crib at Disney it took her a good week and a half to get back to her normal routine of sleeping in her crib at home, etc...he may not want to go back to a crib after the kid bed...may have to buy that toddler bed.;)

I have something fun for you next...

Ok remember your Cali falshback to the late 80's?:confused3

Well the other night I was digging thru my childhood/HS memorbilla and found this stuff:

100_2835.jpg

100_2837.jpg

100_2838.jpg

100_2839.jpg

I have to see if my mom has actual pictures from when we were there, but there are those big fuzzy mickey character heads again. I'm not sure why I have a child ticket (see that price for 1 day $13.50 :eek: ) as I would have been 13 in 1987 and according to the Disneyland guide the child price age was 3-11...hmmm did my parents pull one over?

I don't remember a ton, but know we standed in a huge line for Star Tours, rode the Skyway and the Matterhorn.

Anyways I did find a somewhat scary outfit picture of me back in California in 1989:

Scan10005-1.jpg

(all right I don't believe I'm posting this! :scared: )

I'm w/ my Grandma. I have one more of me in front of the UCLA sign too, but forgot to have DH scan that.

Enjoy!

I can speak for sleep patterns being permanently disrupted by a WDW trip... DS4 stopped napping after our March 06 trip - he was 2 1/2. To this day I still think he could use a nap!

Scrappie - Love the Cali picture from when you were 13, I mean "11". :rolleyes1

I just love you Heidi! "we are in the planning stages for another child" :goodvibes Are we going to have a PTR for baby #2...where were you in my life when I was still in the baby planning stages....:rotfl:
Maybe some updates if we have news but no report :lmao:

bringing the small stroller or picking one up, is smart for late night dinners, just make sure ahead TS places would let you bring it in....
Where do people park them if you can't take them in?

but what I'm getting at is once he wakes, he is awake and FREE! this is the main reason I'm dealing w/ Margaret climbing out of her crib in the morning, becuase she is too young to understnad the concept of lay there and go to sleep, let alone stay there if she wakes
and this could happen once you're home, even with Margaret in the crib at Disney it took her a good week and a half to get back to her normal routine of sleeping in her crib at home, etc...he may not want to go back to a crib after the kid bed...may have to buy that toddler bed.;)

I figured I'd have to do my best to baby proof the room because of that.
Thankfully his crib is a convertible (into toddler bed) so that would be ok...the bedrooms in our house are gated off from the rest of the house.

Anyways I did find a somewhat scary outfit picture of me back in California in 1989:

Scan10005-1.jpg

Love the flashback pictures! I remember that postcard. For some unknown reason I have the park maps for all the other theme parks we went to that vacation but not Disneyland!
Nice Jimmy Z shirt! That's something my friend Jen would have worn back in the day.

I can speak for sleep patterns being permanently disrupted by a WDW trip... DS4 stopped napping after our March 06 trip - he was 2 1/2. To this day I still think he could use a nap!

Scrappie - Love the Cali picture from when you were 13, I mean "11". :rolleyes1

Hopefully he'll still nap everyday....we are going back to the resort everyday just for that reason.

We are going to be in WDW at the same time! (Well, I have a shorter trip, but). If you see a LGMH with creativeamanda on it, let me know. I'll have to sub so I can look at your binder. It looks like it's right up m alley. :)

We are going to be in WDW at the same time! (Well, I have a shorter trip, but). If you see a LGMH with creativeamanda on it, let me know. I'll have to sub so I can look at your binder. It looks like it's right up m alley. :)

Hi! There are links on the first page to help you find all the on topic posts. What resort are you staying at??

I thought some of you might like this info for your upcoming trips:

From Allearsnet:
Magic Kingdom has Two Extra Dining Locations between 8/24 - 9/25/08.

Tomorrowland Terrace Cafe - will be open for dinner on Aug. 24, 31, Sept. 7 and 14, 2008 from 5:30 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.. Dinner will be buffet style featuring breads, salads, pastas and carved to order Chimichurri Beef Strip Loin. Dinner is $35.00 for adults, and $18.00 for those ages 3-9. If you are using the Disney Dining Plan, this is counts as one Table Service meal.

Diamond Horseshoe - will be open for dinner from Aug. 24-31, and Sept. 13-25, 2008 from 5 p.m. – 9 p.m. Dinner will be family-style, all-you-care-to-eat, and will feature roasted turkey breast, carved beef, pork loin, and mashed potatoes. Dinner is $28.99 for adults, and $14.99 for those ages 3-9. If you are using the Disney Dining Plan, this is counts as one Table Service meal.

I thought you might be interested in this link to the Disney Animation website.
wdas_logo.gif

There is a great trailer for Bolt (I love the Hamster!). Check thru everything on the right side as every movie has something different.
www.disneyanimation.com

Where do people park them if you can't take them in?

I guess outside the restaurants....we only brought in Margaret's stroller once w/ us at 1900 PF when she was sleeping and they accomadated us, but I think otherwise no, there really is no room in many of those places. Even CS we parked it and went in. Maybe open a thread question on the Disney Dinning to see what people have done.

Love the flashback pictures! I remember that postcard. For some unknown reason I have the park maps for all the other theme parks we went to that vacation but not Disneyland!
Nice Jimmy Z shirt! That's something my friend Jen would have worn back in the day.

Your welcome!:goodvibes

J-

Well the other night I was digging thru my childhood/HS memorbilla and found this stuff:

100_2835.jpg

100_2837.jpg

100_2838.jpg

100_2839.jpg

I have to see if my mom has actual pictures from when we were there, but there are those big fuzzy mickey character heads again. I'm not sure why I have a child ticket (see that price for 1 day $13.50 :eek: ) as I would have been 13 in 1987 and according to the Disneyland guide the child price age was 3-11...hmmm did my parents pull one over?

I don't remember a ton, but know we standed in a huge line for Star Tours, rode the Skyway and the Matterhorn.

Scan10005-1.jpg

I'm w/ my Grandma. I have one more of me in front of the UCLA sign too, but forgot to have DH scan that.

Enjoy!

I was in Disneyland that same year and have some of the same memorabilia. I was just fixing my scrapbook pages for my Disney scrapbook and loved to see the old maps and tickets. I was 14 in 1987. I love the photo of you. Great hair. :)

I'm going to try to update today or tomorrow....big news to share! :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter