PTR for the planning obsessed....Updated 11/5 We're home now.

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by MRYPPNS, Mar 1, 2008.

1. Sarilas

Sarilas Ruled by the mouse.

I LOVE your organization tips... lord knows I need them x's 4! And the Halloween outfits? DARLING! Cannot wait for more pics!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Lady Lallie

Lady Lallie DIS Veteran

I love your Halloween costumes! They are so cute!!! :goodvibes

You are getting so close, it will be here before you know it.

4. MRYPPNS

MRYPPNS Practically Prefect in Every Way

I'll plan on it. Maybe one set at the beginning of the week and one at the end so we can see if it actually worked!!!

I picked up some Halloween themed baskets just for this trip.

I love the Peter Pan idea! You could be Nana...make some floppy ears on a handband and paint yourself a cute little black nose and whiskers!

I don't know how you Moms with 3++ kids do it :worship: I know that the effort I put into planning/packing will make life easier on vacation but boy is it a lot of work now!

5. MRYPPNS

Thanks! Yes, less then 2 weeks now :yay:

6. Tinkerbellarella

Tinkerbellarella <font color=darkyellow>I was all like, "Um, well..

Have you guys seen Nemo yet? I can't recall. We LOVED it!!!
    (And Flights of Wonder is actually my FAVORITE show in all of AK, so that would get my second vote. :goodvibes )

Those costumes are GREAT!!!

7. MRYPPNS

Vacation Day Two Monday October 27, 2008

"Free to Relax Day"

Our only real plans for today are dinner ADR's. Not knowing how the travel day the day before is going to go with an 18 month old, I didn't want to have any real big plans for today. Originally we were going to spend some time at Typhoon Lagoon but Disney is closing it on 10/27 for rehab. We might go to Blizzard Beach instead but it's more likely that we will just hang out at CBR and play on the beach and use the new pool and kiddie area.

Here are some pictures from when I went to Blizzard Beach in 2001

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Breakfast: Old Port Royale (food court at CBR)
    Lunch: TBD (I don't know where we will be but some ideas are Pepper Market at CSR, Earl of Sandwich or some quick service place in Orlando)
    Dinner: Chef Mickey's

In the afternoon if we don't feel like hanging out at the resort any more than we might go to the Petting Farm at FW Campground or rent a boat from one of the marinas. John and I did this in 2005 from the Wilderness Lodge and it was so relaxing!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Below is the old Discovery Island.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After dinner at Chef Mickey's, I'm planning on going to the Disney Outlets in Orlando. I hope to do a bit of Christmas shopping there.

8. LegoMom3

LegoMom3 I have just met you and I love you.

Great pics!! I haven't been to the water parks since '96.

Wow, your trip is getting so close! :dance3:

9. TarzansKat

TarzansKat Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.

I've been so lax on my comments!

First, I love the creativity and thought that went into your costumes. They are awesome. I hope we get lots of pictures of you guys in those! :goodvibes

I love the pictures of Blizzard Beach. Can you believe I've never been? Typhoon Lagoon, yes, Blizzard Beach, no. It's on my to do list, but maybe when DS is a little bit older. :thumbsup2

10. creativeamanda

creativeamanda <font color=darkorchid>One slithering around on me

Wow, you really have a great early rest day thrown in there. I agree it may be tough on Liam to do a lot that first day.

11. Charleston Princess

Charleston Princess DIS Veteran

First, the Halloween costumes are super cute and very creative! You are planning on trick or treating at Downtown Disney, right?

Second, I have to admit that I am kind of surprised that you aren't hitting the parks on your first full day -- how will you stand it???

12. If U Had Wings

If U Had Wings DIS Veteran

Love, love, love the costumes. What a great idea!

13. Lady Lallie

Lady Lallie DIS Veteran

I love your pictures! :goodvibes I want to try a water park, I haven't been to either of them.

Is there a tarp on the castle in one of your pictures from the water? I can't tell for sure.

14. MRYPPNS

Time for a water park....your boys would love it!

Thanks. I think if you only have time for one water park TL would be better with little kids. I did love Summit Plummet thou.....scared the bejezzes out of me!

If DH had his way the whole vacation would be like that!

Yes, Trick or Treating in DtD. They have been having it since at least 2004 so hopefully Disney won't cancel it this year.

It doesn't bother me in the least not to go to a park the first day. MK usually isn't even our first park. I'm more driven by starting off stress free. And plus it will give me more time to take lots of pictures of CBR because I know a couple people who are considering staying there :rolleyes1

Thanks....I still have to figure out how to make John's costume have a Tigger element to it.

You would love the lazy rivers....so relaxing.

The tarp was actually on the train station....it was undergoing a rehab while we were there.

15. DisMomAmy

DisMomAmy DIS Veteran

I love your Halloween costumes - so creative!!

Thanks for the BB pictures - I think we'll be there in April. It's always nice to get a sneak peek.

I can't wait to hear all about Chef Mickey's - I think that is my most anticipated new experience this time. I hope I get a good ADR!

16. Charleston Princess

The more photos the better! :thumbsup2

17. MRYPPNS

Vacation Day Three Tuesday October 28 2008

Hello Mickey!

Today is our first Magic Kingdom day. Park hours today are 9am to 7pm so no Wishes for us tonight.

We'll be there for rope drop. Head to Fantasyland for the morning. We may or may not take a break at the hotel today because it's such a short day. IF Liam will sleep in the stroller for a least an hour we'll probably just hang out on that path from Toontown to Tomorrowland and relax while he sleeps.

I want to get Liam's first hair cut done at the Barber shop today....if anyone can cut his hair it would be someone that deals with little ones day after day.

Lunch will be Columbia Harbour House.

The second half of the day will be spent in Liberty Square and Adventureland. Hello Dole Whip Float!

Dinner will be at Pecos Bills.

Here are pictures from Magic Kingdom in 2005.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Lady Lallie

Lady Lallie DIS Veteran

I am so excited to hear your review of the Barbershop for Liam's haircut. I think it is just a precious memory to have. :cutie:

That last picture of the castle with the fireworks is beautiful!! Very nice!! :thumbsup2

19. Charleston Princess

Dole Whips and Pecos Bill's -- I don't think life gets any better! :goodvibes

I so wish that one of mine could have had their first haircut on Main Street!

20. MRYPPNS

Thank you....I need to figure out again what setting that was on my camera.

It does get better....I forgot to mention that I plan to get a funnel cake from the Sleepy Hallow stand!

21. Charleston Princess

Oh, you are right -- how could I have forgotten the funnel cakes from there -- one of my fondest memories is eating one during the MNSSHP parade.

We are very alike when it comes to our MK food choices! :goodvibes