PTR for the planning obsessed....Updated 11/5 We're home now.

Carolyn got her pal Mickey to send this to my DS Liam

44026.jpg

Wasn't that sweet of her! Thanks again Carolyn it made my day :wizard:

44029.jpg

Liam was pretty happy to see Mickey too!

I got some pixie dust in the mail today....

44016.jpg

44017.jpg

More pictures to come......

What's in it? What's in it?

Last month cc1075 (Carolyn) posted an offer on Jordan's TR to send DISers stuff from WDW while she was on vacation. I took her up on the offer and asked for park maps...I like to collect park maps because they are always changing and they are useful for planning. So Carolyn was sweet enough to send me some.

44018.jpg

The water park brochure will prove to be very useful because I'm thinking on doing a morning at one of the water parks in October

But that wasn't it...there was more in the envelope....

44024.jpg

what could it be???

AGGGGHHHH! You're killing me!!! :)

Carolyn got her pal Mickey to send this to my DS Liam

44026.jpg

Wasn't that sweet of her! Thanks again Carolyn it made my day :wizard:

44029.jpg

Liam was pretty happy to see Mickey too!

Okay, that is too cute! Liam is just the sweetest!

Liam says (if he could talk) thank you to all the ladies that think he is a cutie!

And yes Amy, DISers are the best! It's nice to have someplace to share stuff like that. I can't imagine calling or emailing my girlfriends to tell them I got Disney maps and a pciture of Mickey in the mail. They could care less. But as soon I got it I knew I had to post pictures here.

Liam is so adorable!! :lovestruc And your doggies are cuties too :thumbsup2

:welcome: TrueEeyore! I'm pretty sure that I read your Jan report...I'll have to check out your new one!

That is beyond too cute!!!

Love that! My only "offline crazy Disney friend's son is turning 1 while we're at the World so I'm going to try and Mickey sign a postcard for him wishing him "happy birthday" my friend will love it.

What a fun thing for him to have as he grows up. Save those pictures Mama.

This is great reading! Thanks! I have to wait *forever*... I can not even book my stuff yet. Well, except for the car, I have that reserved. I am NOT a patient planner...

Sending you a PM about the site for the specific hours of the parades, shows, etc.

That is beyond too cute!!!

Love that! My only "offline crazy Disney friend's son is turning 1 while we're at the World so I'm going to try and Mickey sign a postcard for him wishing him "happy birthday" my friend will love it.

What a fun thing for him to have as he grows up. Save those pictures Mama.

I'm guessing that Carolyn got the signed picture from her resort...maybe you could ask for one too for his birthday.

How cool is that?

CC1075 did a wonderful thing for you. Only on the DIS.

It's very cool...it made my day...actually my week!

Just dropping by to see how the plans are going :surfweb:

I'm gonna try to post an update tonight.

This is great reading! Thanks! I have to wait *forever*... I can not even book my stuff yet. Well, except for the car, I have that reserved. I am NOT a patient planner...

Sending you a PM about the site for the specific hours of the parades, shows, etc.
:welcome: I know what you mean...I have actually nothing booked yet except for the car. I'm afraid that if I actually make a room ressie with Disney then there will be no way that I would get any great pin code deals.

I looked at Liam's photo of Mickey again.

My nephew got the same one in the room at the Poly for his 4th birthday. Only at Disney! So magical.

And I have to say again, your son is such a cutie patootie!

The park hours for October were released this past week. So you know what that means….I spent days working on my Itinerary. I was trying to write a schedule that worked well with attending the MNSSHP. Plus I wasn’t happy ending the vacation with a day off then our last day being at Epcot…it seemed a little lack luster way to go out. I went thru every combination of arrival dates from October 19 thru October 26. In the end I came up with two itineraries that worked with going to the Halloween party and one that didn’t include the party. I was having the hardest time deciding if we should go to MNSSHP…In the end I figured that if I was stressing this much about it then the answer was that we shouldn’t go. I’m feeling good about my choice. We can always go during another vacation. So that left me with one plan…guess what plan…yup that's right….after all that work I ended up with the exact same Itinerary as I posted before.

Here’s a recap:

Sunday October 26 2008
Fly out in early am
Check In to resort
Go to Boardwalk area for the evening

Monday 10/27
No parks

Tuesday 10/28
Disney’s Hollywood Studios (DS)

Wednesday 10/29
Magic Kingdom

Thursday 10/30
No parks

Friday 10/31 Halloween
Animal Kingdom
Trick or Tricking in DTD

Saturday 11/1
Magic Kingdom

Sunday 11/2
No parks

Monday 11/3
Epcot

Tuesday 11/4
Depart for Airport (morning)

The other thing that I have been working on is our days “off”. Even our relaxing days are scheduled with plans. Here’s what I thinking of doing with that time.

½ day at a water park…I want to go to Typhoon Lagoon but it may be closed for rehab so then we would go to Blizzard Beach. Does anyone know if Disney switches off each year with which water park closes first for their fall/winter rehab??

Shopping at DTD…I figure the boys can join me in the morning for some toy store shopping and lunch, then they can go back to the resort to relax and I’ll take the bus back.

I want to go to one of the Disney outlet stores in Orlando. Has anyone been to one??? Is it worth it?? I’m thinking of doing Christmas shopping there. I’m wondering if I can manage to sneak it on the first day (our arrival day)…

Recreation at the Fort Wilderness campground. They have a petting farm and pony rides. Plus there is the campfire sign-a-long and hayrides around 7pm. I haven’t been able to get much info on the petting farm hours…but I think it would be the same as the pony rides (9am to 5pm). Does anyone have any info on recreation at the campground????

I’m also working on picking one last dinner ADR…I’ve narrowed it down to:

Trails End buffet at FW campground
Captain’s Grille at the Yatch Club
Ragland Road at DTD
Whispering Canyon Café (long shot)

I also stumbled on an emergency restaurant if we can’t get into Beaches and Cream (they don’t take ADRs)…there is a place at the Dolphin called the The Dolphin Fountain that looks like a good back-up. Check out the menu here.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/diningdetail.cfm?Restaurant.ID=327

This week I need to finalized my ADR plan and call Southwest to find out the details of buying an infant fare. You can’t buy them online so I need to figure out how I’m going to book airfare. Anyone know the details???

Have a great week!

Here’s my DIS thread of the week:
Live from WDW for 9 days, the Nicki and Todd dining review with a ton of PICS!!!! By MickeyNicki

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1771361

I love your itinerary. It's great that you've built in non-park days. It definitely slows things down and helps the trip feel like a vacation.

A water park sounds like fun. So does shopping in DTD and recreation at FW. I've read that FW is beautiful.

Outlet shopping and picking up Christmas gifts is a great idea.

I'm trying Whispering Canyon Cafe in August. I'll post lots of pics before your trip.

Going to check out your thread of the week.

How are you getting along with TGM? I find I'm not using it as much as I should :confused3

Great itinerary!!

If you do outlets, maybe do them after you kind of see what merchandise is in the parks. So Thursday?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter