PTR: December 2012 - Disneyland, LA & Hawaii

haha, if it makes you feel better I could post my work to do list, that makes me feel sick just thinking about it :crazy2: I realised yesterday I have 20 days left at work and have no idea how I am going to get everything done :(

Alas not even that would make me feel better. My work schedule is just as busy as yours I'm afraid. I can't wait to be seated on that plane.

Sending lots of good thoughts and productiveness your way ladies. And some virtual hugs and bottles of wine too!! Those last few weeks before you leave are killer :(

alicia1506 said:
Sending lots of good thoughts and productiveness your way ladies. And some virtual hugs and bottles of wine too!! Those last few weeks before you leave are killer :(

Thanks :) after dd's performance this morning I'm tempted to leave her behind, threatening to wag school as I'm running out the door late for work is not cool...sigh...oh well she'll have a very productive week with no tv privileges for the week won't she!

Beee said:
Thanks :) after dd's performance this morning I'm tempted to leave her behind, threatening to wag school as I'm running out the door late for work is not cool...sigh...oh well she'll have a very productive week with no tv privileges for the week won't she!

Oh no! Sounds like she is pushing the boundaries!!

Oh no! Sounds like she is pushing the boundaries!!

ah well, she is her mother's daughter after all! Poor child has the worst of both of us - prone to drama like her father and confrontational like her mother :crazy2: She apologised profusely tonight, at least she knows when she's overstepped the mark lol.

So 19 days left at work - I have had meeting after freaking meeting today so not much progress made on the to do list, nevermind tomorrow is another day...:scared:

good luck beee!! sounds like you have a lot on your plate, but i am sure that in true DISer style, you will pull it all together in time so that you can get on your plane, stress free and excited about your trip :)

this time in 3 weeks we'll be somewhere over the pacific on the way to LA, can't believe it is all of a sudden so close when it has felt sooo far off for ages.

Not much left for me to do now trip wise which is how I planned it but its feeling a bit weird like I should be doing more. I got DD to go through her clothes and make a list of what she wanted to take, not overly happy with some of her choices so I have a couple of weeks to encourage her to change her mind lol :rolleyes1
I gave the Mr the job of organising transport to and from the airport at this end which he has pretty much done and he is also going to take the dog for her visit to the pet hotel sometime this week. The only thing I have left to do apart from packing is to book the LAX hotel and cancel the third night I had booked at the hollywood hotel so all on track, which is good as work is a nightmare and DD has a busy couple of weeks with the end of term etc.

So we are at the 2 weeks to go mark and I am pleased to say virtually everything is done, just need the Mr to take the dog for her orientation at the pet hotel tomorrow and pack our bags which will need to wait until the last couple of days. Work on the other hand is an absolute mad house but i'm sure that will all work itself out in the end and if not, i guess it will show the bosses how much we need an assistant :rolleyes1 so i'm trying not to worry too much. Now I'm about to go and submit my amazon order so it'll be like Christmas when we arrive at the hotel and have all these packages to open :goodvibes

WOW! Your trip is counting down fast. Enjoy the countdown and don't sweat the small stuff (or the small managers).

Loved checking out your PTR - and the updates to your 'to do' list, I wish I was that organised. We're also gonna stay at LAX the night before our flight out, booked into the Radisson as I was happy with reviews & the fact that it's the closest hotel to LAX (i.e. shortest shuttle trip in the morning). It's also less than 2 weeks before we go too, and I think I need a big written list for my fridge, and my office at work - way too little time and way too many things to do BUT who cares, we're going to DL in 12 Days - Yayyyyy!

so apart from packing I think I can now officially say we are all ready for the trip. My dog had her visit at the pet hotel for a few hours today and loved it, I have been really worrying about how she would go while we are away as it is our first trip away without her. It is such a relief to know that she will be happy...13 more sleeps to go :cool1:

Loved checking out your PTR - and the updates to your 'to do' list, I wish I was that organised. We're also gonna stay at LAX the night before our flight out, booked into the Radisson as I was happy with reviews & the fact that it's the closest hotel to LAX (i.e. shortest shuttle trip in the morning). It's also less than 2 weeks before we go too, and I think I need a big written list for my fridge, and my office at work - way too little time and way too many things to do BUT who cares, we're going to DL in 12 Days - Yayyyyy!

We ended up with the sheraton gateway, which I think is pretty much next to or across the road from the radisson :thumbsup2 - signed up for their loyalty card and scored a good breakfast included rate which I think will come in handy before our non catered flight. I kept umming and aahing between the two, I feel like the closer to the trip the more indecisive I get :headache:
I have always been a list person, nothing better than the satisfaction of crossing something off the list :cloud9: that and I have such a bad memory that if its not on a list I forget to do it! :lmao: Wow you are even closer to your trip and will be in DL the same time!

At the moment I am swinging between manic excitement and freaking out about what needs to be done in the next 7 days, at this rate I am going to be an absolute wreck by the time I board the plane. :crazy2:

So I have gone through and printed everything I need, hotel & transport confirmations etc - just need to go through it all and file into some kind of order. DD has selected her clothes for packing, I haven't had a chance to go through it all yet but will do that today and edit as appropriate :rolleyes1.
We have the inlaws coming for xmas dinner tonight so most of today will be focused on preparing for that and cleaning the house - hopefully my threats of a painful death if anyone makes a mess will mean we can keep in fairly clean this week minimising what will need to be done next weekend. Unfortunately the dog has selective hearing so not liking my chances there.
Mr has his xmas party tomorrow and mine on Friday, a work lunch on wednesday and DD's last day of intermediate also on friday so it will be a busy week.

I just have this horrible feeling I've forgotten something, but can't think what it is so hoping I am just being paranoid for nothing! :scratchin

At the moment I am swinging between manic excitement and freaking out about what needs to be done in the next 7 days, at this rate I am going to be an absolute wreck by the time I board the plane. :crazy2:

So I have gone through and printed everything I need, hotel & transport confirmations etc - just need to go through it all and file into some kind of order. DD has selected her clothes for packing, I haven't had a chance to go through it all yet but will do that today and edit as appropriate :rolleyes1.
We have the inlaws coming for xmas dinner tonight so most of today will be focused on preparing for that and cleaning the house - hopefully my threats of a painful death if anyone makes a mess will mean we can keep in fairly clean this week minimising what will need to be done next weekend. Unfortunately the dog has selective hearing so not liking my chances there.
Mr has his xmas party tomorrow and mine on Friday, a work lunch on wednesday and DD's last day of intermediate also on friday so it will be a busy week.

I just have this horrible feeling I've forgotten something, but can't think what it is so hoping I am just being paranoid for nothing! :scratchin

Ahhhh the pre holiday mania, I know it well :rotfl2:. You sound super organised, don't worry. It will all come together.

You sound very organised. We left on 9 Sec last year and did the opposite. Wish we were doing it again. You will love fantasmic. Enjoy

Not that there is much sleeping going on at the moment, at the rate I am going I will be catatonic by the time I get on the plane!

I had great plans to be all packed by now and to have the last few things all organised but that hasn't really panned out so far. :rolleyes1

Things on the work front are hideously busy as I try to stop the guy who is looking after my work while I'm away from having a nervous breakdown :crazy2:...oh and just to add a little extra pressure, today I am applying for a new job at work and will hopefully be able to squeeze in an interview tomorrow or friday :eek:

I have decided to not worry about packing until Saturday - what with xmas lunches, birthday dinners and xmas parties I just won't have time until then. In the meantime I am giving myself one little job a day - today's mission is to sneak off and pick up my prescription from my Dr and get it filled at the pharmacy.

Not that there is much sleeping going on at the moment, at the rate I am going I will be catatonic by the time I get on the plane!

I had great plans to be all packed by now and to have the last few things all organised but that hasn't really panned out so far. :rolleyes1

Things on the work front are hideously busy as I try to stop the guy who is looking after my work while I'm away from having a nervous breakdown :crazy2:...oh and just to add a little extra pressure, today I am applying for a new job at work and will hopefully be able to squeeze in an interview tomorrow or friday :eek:

I have decided to not worry about packing until Saturday - what with xmas lunches, birthday dinners and xmas parties I just won't have time until then. In the meantime I am giving myself one little job a day - today's mission is to sneak off and pick up my prescription from my Dr and get it filled at the pharmacy.

Good luck for the job intereview.

I think leaving the packing for Saturday will be fine. So long as you have a great list to follow, you will get it done as quick as anything.

4 sleeps is very exciting, not long until you can leave work behind you.

EEK! :scared1: one more sleep! I have sooooo much to do, laundry, packing, cleaning, tidying up the garden etc.

I had my interview yesterday for the job I applied for earlier this week. I think it went pretty well, it was easy and chatty for the most part except for one key question that I think I answered wrong. Oops! I know one other person has applied for it and she has different skills to me so I guess it depends on what they want. So what will be will be so I will now put it out of my mind until they email me the outcome next friday which will be Thursday night LA time I think.

Right, off I go to hang out the washing and get started on all of today's jobs! :laundy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter