PTR: And now for something completely different - a WDW Family does DLR *(new October 9th)*

I'm so sorry to hear about the kitchen catastrophes! I'm with you--at least you'll get a kitchen u like. Gotta find the bright side!

I think going to sea world sounds perfect! We haven't been since before we had kids. I can't wait until we can go again and take the girls.

The anniversary activities sound cool!

Definitely have to look on the brights side - and also remember that it could have been much, much worse. Just annoying and stressful to deal with. As one of Judi's friends said: I always wanted an older house .... but then I read about all the issues you have had and now not so much.

Thank you! I think the kids will like Sea World and it is something different. It's been years since I have been and the kids have never been.

I'm glad it wasn't worse. We had a small fire in our attic a few years ago. Our satellite dish got hit by lightning and it arced over to an electric wire in the attic and caused some insulation to start smoldering. It wasn't anything bad, but getting the smoky smell out of the house took forever!
:crazy2: :faint: :headache:
It will be nice to update the kitchen at about half of the cost... but definitely not something you want to have happen when you're not ready for it. I hope it doesn't impact your trip significantly.

That really looks like an awesome parade.
Nice! I agree with you about the updates to the attractions. I love seeing them make minor changes that don't really have a huge impact on the ride or the story it tells, but just gives something extra for returning visitors.

I know! Getting rid of that smoke smell took forever. We had bins of vinegar to try and mask it and bins of charcoal around to absorb the smell, and then took everything out of the cabinets to wash, etc. ... and felt like we were just back to normal when the leak happened :headache: Definitely trying to be optimistic about things though and getitng a bit excited planning on some layout changes to the kitchen ... personally I am still pushing to have a beer tap added ;)

Fully agree with you about updates to the attractions. The best are when it retains the charm of the original but updates it with newer technology, etc. Even some of the things they are doing with the queues in WDW is pretty cool!

:scared1:

A fire is my absolute worst nightmare. I often imagine driving home from work and seeing smoke come from my house. Glad the fire didn't spread!

And glad you're getting some money from insurance for the water damage. Will be a pain to update the cabinets, but I bet it will look nice and both you and Judi will be happy with it!

Good decision :thumbsup2 I would have chosen that too.

Usually their seasonal overlays are pretty good, so I imagine this one will be really neat! Get excited! :hyper:

Very very cool! I bet it's going to be beautiful.

Wonder what they're doing to the Matterhorn? And glad they're doing something to update Peter Pan, that will be neat. I think DLR's version is so much better than the MK's version, I think you guys will like it :thumbsup2

Yeah, I was very on edge when I heard about the fire - I was actually at a work off site so wasn't even there to try and help/calm Judi down. Definitely could have been a lot worse though. yeah, fortunately we have a good insurance company - still a pain to go through the process but I feel pretty good we will get some money out of it - and getting excited planning for changes to the kitchen. Judi has kinda nixed my beer tap idea though ;)

I am very excited about the seasonal overlays at DLR as they are to attractions they have at WDW (Space Mountain, HM) so it will really be like new experience for us.

I don't think they have explicitly stated what the changes to the Matterhorn other than "Just wait until you see the Abominable Snowman in ways you’ve never seen him before when the attraction reopens in May!" For Peter Pan it is supposed to be new/updated nursery and London scenes.

That is so scary about the fire in your kitchen. I'm so glad that it didn't turn out to be a much worse situation!

Very cool that you'll get to experience the 60th anniversary events. That parade looks awesome!

I too am very glad it wasn't worse. We are very thankful that it wasn't

I am very excited for the parade - the special stuff for the 60th is what pushed us to plan a trip this year rather than waiting a bit.

Oh wow, that's some rough and scary kitchen events in a short span. Glad it wasn't as bad as it could have been though.

As legendary as the San Diego Zoo is, I think Sea World is a good call. I've heard the Zoo is very hilly as well so Sea World probably more relaxing.

I bet the new fireworks will be beyond amazing. The 50th show (Remember... Dreams Come True) is the show I saw when I was there in 2012. And it was amazing. I imagine this will only plus on that.

Oh God, don't remind me.

Honestly, I expect most 60th events to run for at least the year, but probably longer, so I have a feeling you'll be safe. And MY GOD that parade looks fabulous.

Thanks - we are definitely glad it wasn't as bad as it could have been .... and are very aware how lucky we got!

I think the kids will like Sea World and will be different for them

Very much looking forward to the fireworks - looks like they have learned a lot form past shows and are going to have projections on a ton of attractions and really try to spread the crowds out a bit. And the parade does look really cool. Nothing like a good night time parade and this looks almost like the FoF equivalent of night-time parades.

Just wanted to say in case your budget frees up a bit, I got an email from Living Social today for discounted tickets to San Diego Zoo Safari Park. I don't know much about it however, but just thought i'd pass along the info :)

Thanks so much! I didn't really know about this separate zoo and it looks really cool! I think the kids would love this. Definitely will have to take a look and consider it! And with the livign social deal definitely cheaper than the regular zoo or Sea World. Thanks! :goodvibes

I saw/read about your kitchen on FB. Again...ugh and so sorry.

I think you made the right decision with Sea World. :)

I am loving everything I'm reading about for Disneyland's 60th and so glad you are going to experience it.

Thank you - we are making progress ... just takes a while to get the right people to look at things and get insurance to sign off on things. At least the weather has improved and we can bar-b-q more! :thumbsup2

Very excited for the 60th special activities - really glad we are getting to go!

I'm sorry for the kitchen problems - it can't be easy living with your kitchen in limbo especially with 3 kids!

I think Sea World is a great choice. We're going to be visiting Sea World in Orlando this summer and it will be a first for us. Excited to try something new! We're also hitting up Legoland and Kennedy Space Center. The boys will be in heaven!

This parade sounds amazing! Interested to read more about the interactive features.

Oh my. I've only seen pictures but I think we can all agree that's a moment in Disney history that never need be revisited!

Thanks - definitely been a challenge not having a stove/oven. Fortunately weather is improving so we can bar-b-q more.

Sounds like a great trip! We looked into legoland and while I think the kids would enjoy it, it would be tough to schedule a full day for us and just for the price didn't seem the best option - but I would definitely like to get to one of them in the future. We also have a mini-legoland right near us so we can get a bit of our fix through that.

The parade does seem pretty darn cool. It seems like the interactive features let you adjust the LED colors of some of the floats/outfits - seems like a cool concept if it works properly

haha - yeah, points for effort but this update to the castle looks a tad nicer in my opinion

I am envious about your DL trip during the 60th anniversary celebration! From what I've read about the events and prizes, it will be fantastic!!

Yeah, the 60th anniversary events is what pushed us to make the trip this year rather than wait. I think it is going to be fun to experience!

So I haven't read all 8 pages nor am I familiar with your family except breezing through Page 1 but I would like to throw in my 2cents that San Diego Safari Park is BY FAR our favorite thing to do when we visit. We have family and friends in SD so we go often but my DD4 always insists on the Safari Park (She and her cousin call it Jambo because of the sign).

And I won't bore you with the SeaWorld controversy that I'm sure you've already heard, but we used to go there often and have now made the choice not to support them and are just as happy doing Safari Park.
I think we pay about $60 each visit (our BFF's have passes so it's been free a few times as well)
My daughter's favorite is the Cheetah Run and the elevator down to the trams. We once also paid extra for the Sightline Safari which is just UNREAL! http://sdzsafaripark.org/safari/flightline-safari

Even leaving out my political views on SeaWorld - I'd vote Safari Park everytime.
A friend is a SeaWorld stockholder and mentioned they are drastically reducing their prices in a bid for better PR so I'm glad to see SDSP having deals as the above poster mentioned.
We've eaten our way through that city so if you have any culinary questions - I'm your chubby expert - I didn't get this body from eating kale :flower1:

:welcome: Thanks for your thoughts on the Safari Park as well - I hadn't heard of it before but it does look really cool! My kids are too young for that Flightline Safari but there are some others that the entire family can do so that is definitely an option.

Definitely understand your view of Sea World. Personally I feel all the good they do with animal rescue outweighs the negative, but can understand the flip side.

I welcome any dining thoughts you have for San Diego - especially if you know of any that are great for kids!

Wow this is my first post EVER but I couldn't resist throwing out some information for San Diego!

Do you like cheese? (of course you do, everyone likes cheese) While in San Diego I discovered the most amazing novelty in the world to me... A gourmet cheese shop! Its called Venissimo Cheese and theres about 3 or 4 locations all over SD. The workers there will take their time to sample any cheese you want and pick and choose cheeses you might like based on your tastes or what you want to pair it with. So if you find the need for some snacks or a random charcuterie platter, seriously go check this place out. I nearly cried, I was so in love.

As for dinner, I would check out the Gaslamp Quarter in downtown SD. Its a pain to find parking but its full of great energy and wonderful restaurants. One place that really caught my eye while looking for restaurants down there was a place called Gaslamp Strip Club. It sounds sketchy, but its actually a really unique place where you order your steak and they give it to you wrapped and raw. You take it to a marinating station where they have sauces and dry rubs and then head over to one of the 4 grills where you grill your steak yourself! How fun is that? I always love a hands on experience :) Also I would recommend seafood while you're down there, it doesn't get fresher than San Diego!

Good luck on your trip and I cannot wait to see all your dining reviews on the next trip report. I'm a disneyland foodie and it'll be so fun to see your opinions on all my favorites! :)

:welcome: Thank you for your thoughts. That cheese place sounds really cool and something my wife and I would love. Not sure how into it the kids would be but maybe if we can get some time away.

I was intrigued by the Gaslamp region - definitely something we might want to check out. Not sure if the strip club is the best option for us as Judi doesn't eat beef or pork (though I would like to check it out!). Definitely think finding some good sea food and/or Mexican is something we'd like to do.

Hi!
I'm joining in! I love the planning process! Your plans look really good. I know you have meals locked in but if you're interested in another counter service I'm fond of the Hungry Bear. One of the best things about it is the seating. The tables are all along the Rivers of America. You can watch the river traffic go by. It makes for a nice break on a warm day.

I'm sorry about all your kitchen damage. A new kitchen is nice though.

:welcome: thanks for joining - always glad to have a fan of planning involved :goodvibes Definitely don't have anything set in stone to happy to hear about other options. One thing I am finding is that the counter service food at DLR seems to be a bit better than most of what is available at WDW so we need to keep that in mind

Thanks! Definitely trying to keep a positive outlook and we are excited to plan a new kitchen. Hopefully the $ from insurance will go a long way!

Yeah, the 60th anniversary events is what pushed us to make the trip this year rather than wait. I think it is going to be fun to experience!

:welcome: Thanks for your thoughts on the Safari Park as well - I hadn't heard of it before but it does look really cool! My kids are too young for that Flightline Safari but there are some others that the entire family can do so that is definitely an option.

Definitely understand your view of Sea World. Personally I feel all the good they do with animal rescue outweighs the negative, but can understand the flip side.

I welcome any dining thoughts you have for San Diego - especially if you know of any that are great for kids!

:welcome: Thank you for your thoughts. That cheese place sounds really cool and something my wife and I would love. Not sure how into it the kids would be but maybe if we can get some time away.

I was intrigued by the Gaslamp region - definitely something we might want to check out. Not sure if the strip club is the best option for us as Judi doesn't eat beef or pork (though I would like to check it out!). Definitely think finding some good sea food and/or Mexican is something we'd like to do.

:welcome: thanks for joining - always glad to have a fan of planning involved :goodvibes Definitely don't have anything set in stone to happy to hear about other options. One thing I am finding is that the counter service food at DLR seems to be a bit better than most of what is available at WDW so we need to keep that in mind

Thanks! Definitely trying to keep a positive outlook and we are excited to plan a new kitchen. Hopefully the $ from insurance will go a long way!

We had a fire in 2013 and had a complete rebuild. I was surprised at the costs of the rebuild. Thankfully we were 100% covered and had great insurance. There are far more choices now available at the hardware store so that helps. But, oh can the choices be overwhelming! Good luck!

The counter service is actually pretty good at Disneyland. There something to be said about chili or soup in a bread bowl. Or a hand dipped corn dog. For sit down meals Carnation Cafe is always high on my list because of Oscar who is the face of it. He's worked at Disneyland since 1955. He is a part of the history.

We had a fire in 2013 and had a complete rebuild. I was surprised at the costs of the rebuild. Thankfully we were 100% covered and had great insurance. There are far more choices now available at the hardware store so that helps. But, oh can the choices be overwhelming! Good luck!

The counter service is actually pretty good at Disneyland. There something to be said about chili or soup in a bread bowl. Or a hand dipped corn dog. For sit down meals Carnation Cafe is always high on my list because of Oscar who is the face of it. He's worked at Disneyland since 1955. He is a part of the history.

Sorry to hear about your fire but glad to hear you were covered ... definitely pluses and minuses to all the choices! And also that little voice in the back of you mind saying there might even be more options and not settle - but you have to pick something at some point!

I get excited just thinking about a Panera Bread Bread Soup Bowl so the thought of having one at Disneyland definitely gets me excited. We normally don't do a ton of counter service at WDW but I think we need to be more open to that at DLR and just go with the flow more.

Part 8 - Some more updates ... and rethinking the San Diego activity.

Thank you to everyone for the thoughts regarding the kitchen damage. Wanted to provide a bit of an update in that we are going to get a decent chunk of change from insurance. While they are just covering to repair the parts of the kitchen that were damaged by being a bit frugal with what we pick we are hoping it will cover most of the cost to redo the entire kitchen - at least all the materials if not the labor. So that is all good. And we actually picked out new cabinets over the weekend as there was a sale going on so we saved 20% on everything we god (picked out cabinets and a new sink and faucet, etc.). Going to go with a very different look (gray cabinets with white quartz counter tops) and slightly different layout but I think we will be happy in the end .... just taking a while to get there and having no / minimal kitchen with three little kids is not exactly fun.

Back to the trip - I wanted to thank those that mentioned the San Diego Zoo Safari Park, and especially to Leshaface for pointing out the Living Social deal. I showed this park to Judi and she thought it looked great and something the kids would love and is a little be different than a standard zoo (I mean, I know the San Diego Zoo is a great zoo but we do have the Bronx Zoo by us - we don't have anything like the Safari Park). So, I bought tickets from the Living Social deal so that will be our big activity.

Also, one of Stone Brewing's Bistros is near there - in Escondido, so I think that is what we will do for dinner that night. Thinking that is what we will do on Monday.

For Sunday I am thinking we double up on brunches in the morning/early afternoon and then spend the evening either at the Gaslamp Quarter or Old Town San Diego just to walk around and figure somewhere to eat there. Maybe try to fit in the beach that day or on Saturday if we have time.

Since I don't really have any pictures in this update, thought I would throw this in there on the heels of the new trailer having come out and in honor of Star Wars weekends starting soon

1307232360516825.gif

TTFN

It's cool that you should be able to work that insurance chunk of change in your favor and get to redo the entire kitchen. Kudos for turning lemons into lemonade!!! Here at work, whenever someone overcomes a challenge like that, they raise an imaginary Tusken Raider staff and holler like the Sand People do. In the spirit of your Star Wars comments, I leave you with this:

mT1SJO4ZXMKE8.gif

Thank you to everyone for the thoughts regarding the kitchen damage. Wanted to provide a bit of an update in that we are going to get a decent chunk of change from insurance. While they are just covering to repair the parts of the kitchen that were damaged by being a bit frugal with what we pick we are hoping it will cover most of the cost to redo the entire kitchen - at least all the materials if not the labor. So that is all good. And we actually picked out new cabinets over the weekend as there was a sale going on so we saved 20% on everything we god (picked out cabinets and a new sink and faucet, etc.). Going to go with a very different look (gray cabinets with white quartz counter tops) and slightly different layout but I think we will be happy in the end .... just taking a while to get there and having no / minimal kitchen with three little kids is not exactly fun.
Yuck... you know, we've been talking about re-modeling our kitchen. It is actually next on the list of big projects that we need to get done. I never even really considered the fact that we're going to have to go a pretty significant chunk of time without having a kitchen. :faint: I mean... it's a pretty obvious fact, but just not something that you consider.

Anyway, I'm glad that you've been able to find some deals and hopefully manage to squeeze a little bit more out of your insurance dollars. That's definitely a good way to go about doing it. Good luck with the rest of it!

Since I don't really have any pictures in this update, thought I would throw this in there on the heels of the new trailer having come out and in honor of Star Wars weekends starting soon

1307232360516825.gif
Can't knock the San Diego plans. I think the Safari Park looks like fun. It was something we considered, so I look forward to seeing what you think of it.

And I always appreciate a good Star Wars gif. :thumbsup2 :darth:

Nice that the insurance will be giving you a good chunk of change. :thumbsup2 I'm glad the weather has warmed up a bit to grill; I wish it would here. :(

The Safari Park sounds awesome, as done a beach day.

Interesting choice on the Safari Park Phil. I just took a quick peak at the website and looks like fun. Especially the cheetahs. Very cool.

OMG the new Star Wars Trailer... I legit got goosebumps ("Chewie we're home"), even more so than for the first one. Can not wait! :hyper:
And such a shame they took out the dance off for Star Wars Weekends. That one in the gif was my absolute favourite.

Safari park sounds like a great idea and snagging a deal on it is even better!

glad all the kitchen stuff is working out and you found a deal on that too--man, I love a sale!

Glad you are getting a new kitchen without too much extra cost! :thumbsup2

The San Diego plans sound like fun! :goodvibes

Ah, that Hoopla was so much fun when we saw it 5 years ago...:sad2:

I'm glad you got your insurance money and on the path to fixing the kitchen! I don't doubt that it's tough without a kitchen for the time being thouhg!

The Safari Park sounds fun and even better that you got a deal!

Glad to hear that at the end of it all you'll end up with a brand new kitchen, but it can't be easy living with part of a kitchen and attempting to feed 5 people. I hope for your sakes it goes by FAST and you get that new kitchen ASAP!

The safari park sounds like it will be a lot of fun, and bonus to saving some money!! I thought it might be a drive through thing in your car and was going to comment about our recent fun at one in Texas, but it looks a bit different than that but still tons of fun (I've never been there).

Hoping for a quick remodel of the kitchen so you can return to normal life! Meal time must get really creative with 3 kids and no kitchen!

The safari park sounds like fun - there is one near my parents house and the boys have a great time when we go. And I'm sure the beach day will be great if you make it there! California beaches are so different from those over here!

Great dancing clip. We are all excited to see the new Star Wars trailer here. Nate hasn't seen any of the movies yet but we've shown him clips and he has lots of books with stills from the movies. His first question was "Mommy, why does Han Solo have all those wrinkles on his face?" :rotfl:

Going to go with a very different look (gray cabinets with white quartz counter tops) and slightly different layout but I think we will be happy in the end .... just taking a while to get there and having no / minimal kitchen with three little kids is not exactly fun.

Glad you guys picked out something that you're really going to like! Remodeling a kitchen is so not fun (Even by choice it's not fun!) but it will be so worth it in the end.

So, I bought tickets from the Living Social deal so that will be our big activity.

Awesome glad that this deal worked out for you! :cool1: I actually can't wait to hear about it. We're thinking of a San Diego trip and if this turns out to be a hit with you and your fam, we'll have this as an option.

For Sunday I am thinking we double up on brunches in the morning/early afternoon

:worship: YES!

ETA: I put 'lick' instead of 'like' :rotfl::rotfl2::lmao: I mean, if you like your new cabinets that much you could lick them I suppose! I won't judge :laughing:

Last edited:
Glad to hear that the insurance will cover most of the kitchen repairs. What a mess, I'm sure you'll be very VERY happy to have your kitchen back in full working order!
The safari park sounds really fun! I don't know much about the other items you mentioned, but it does still sound like a lot of good plans.

What the heck? I leave for a couple a days and come back to find you had a major catastrophe!!! I can feel your pain. Bill and I have been thinking of remolding our kitchen. Now mind you Bill use to build house for living about 20 years ago. When we got the estimate of how much our new kitchen would cost even he was not prepared for how expensive it has become. He and I nearly passed out. We tried to tell them that we just wanted to re do our kitchen not buy another house!!! With that being said I am glad things have worked out for you guys. I actually like your idea about going with colored cabinets. Since Bill and I have been looking at a lot of kitchen pictures, I have noticed how amazing the glazed colored cabinets look with quartz. Can not wait to see the pictures!!
as far as your trip the parade sounds AWESOME!!! I wish California was closer. Reading your trip report is really making me want to go there some time. I being the planner of the family have already gone to work planning our 2016 Disney trip. We decided to take a side trip to the Dark Side as well and will be doing a split stay. Four days at Disney and 3 at Universal. Now I am thinking at some point I may have to add Disney Land to our future at some point. Looking forward to seeing how this story unfolds.

It's cool that you should be able to work that insurance chunk of change in your favor and get to redo the entire kitchen. Kudos for turning lemons into lemonade!!! Here at work, whenever someone overcomes a challenge like that, they raise an imaginary Tusken Raider staff and holler like the Sand People do. In the spirit of your Star Wars comments, I leave you with this:

mT1SJO4ZXMKE8.gif

Thanks Matt - definitely trying to look at the positive side of it ... one of those, if you don't laugh you will cry moments. Plus, not really other options as with the kids and school and the dogs, etc. we can't really pack up and leave the house.

Yuck... you know, we've been talking about re-modeling our kitchen. It is actually next on the list of big projects that we need to get done. I never even really considered the fact that we're going to have to go a pretty significant chunk of time without having a kitchen. :faint: I mean... it's a pretty obvious fact, but just not something that you consider.

Anyway, I'm glad that you've been able to find some deals and hopefully manage to squeeze a little bit more out of your insurance dollars. That's definitely a good way to go about doing it. Good luck with the rest of it!

Can't knock the San Diego plans. I think the Safari Park looks like fun. It was something we considered, so I look forward to seeing what you think of it.

And I always appreciate a good Star Wars gif. :thumbsup2 :darth:

yeah, definitely not easy not having a kitchen. Worst part was not being able to prepare for it much. Fortunately we have some good friends who have been making meals for us and we have been eating out more. Good luck with your kitchen remodel!

I hope we like the safari park - just looked a little different and having the livingsocial deal kinda made the choice for us ... the fact is it close to one of the Stone Brewing locations is a nice side effect as well :rolleyes1

gotta love a good Star Wars gif .... this one is probably my favorite:

post-28317-Darth-Vader-Baseball-gif-Imgur-boS9.gif

Nice that the insurance will be giving you a good chunk of change. :thumbsup2 I'm glad the weather has warmed up a bit to grill; I wish it would here. :(

The Safari Park sounds awesome, as done a beach day.

We've definitely hit a bit of nice weather (actually, got a bit sunburned at the park yesterday) Definitely excited for the safari park - I think the kids will like it. Hopefully things work out and we get an afternoon at the beach or so

Interesting choice on the Safari Park Phil. I just took a quick peak at the website and looks like fun. Especially the cheetahs. Very cool.

OMG the new Star Wars Trailer... I legit got goosebumps ("Chewie we're home"), even more so than for the first one. Can not wait! :hyper:

And such a shame they took out the dance off for Star Wars Weekends. That one in the gif was my absolute favourite.

Yeah, looks like a lot of fun stuff at the safari park (cheetah part definitely looks cool) and just something a little different - and can't beat the deal :thumbsup2

The latest Star Wars trailer is so great! The first one did a good job of make us feel like it won't be as bad as the prequels and I think this one upped the game to the point people now expect the movie to be legit good

Definitely seems like a fun thing with the dance offs and a shame they got rid of it - thank goodness it lives on via the internet

darth-vader-dancing-o.gif

Safari park sounds like a great idea and snagging a deal on it is even better!

glad all the kitchen stuff is working out and you found a deal on that too--man, I love a sale!

Thanks! That is definitely what we are thinking - that looks good, has good reviews, and the deal from living social kinda sealed the, um, deal for us!

Making progress with the kitchen - though more that is uncovered the more issues are found :sad2:

Glad you are getting a new kitchen without too much extra cost! :thumbsup2

The San Diego plans sound like fun! :goodvibes

Ah, that Hoopla was so much fun when we saw it 5 years ago...:sad2:

Will be glad at the end to have a new kitchen with a slightly better layout and of a style we like ... just a bit stressful getting there

Thanks! Hope it works out - definitely a place I didn't know much about before starting research and we don't have a ton of time there, but hoping we enjoy what we do!

Yeah, wish I was able to see the Hoopla at some point - at least it lives on via the internet:

Star-Wars-Dance-Off-2012-2.jpg

I'm glad you got your insurance money and on the path to fixing the kitchen! I don't doubt that it's tough without a kitchen for the time being thouhg!

The Safari Park sounds fun and even better that you got a deal!

Definitely a bit of a challenge - and not really having time to prepare we just shoved everything in the cabinets into boxes and often hard to find things now

Hope the safari park works out - glad to find the deal and that kinda helped make the decision for us.

Glad to hear that at the end of it all you'll end up with a brand new kitchen, but it can't be easy living with part of a kitchen and attempting to feed 5 people. I hope for your sakes it goes by FAST and you get that new kitchen ASAP!

The safari park sounds like it will be a lot of fun, and bonus to saving some money!! I thought it might be a drive through thing in your car and was going to comment about our recent fun at one in Texas, but it looks a bit different than that but still tons of fun (I've never been there).

Thanks! Everything should work out in the end - but is getting a bit stressful not really being able to cook. Fortunately friends have brought over food and we can grill outside some - but not fun

Yeah, the safari looks cool! Kinda more like a regular zoo, just a bit different set up and more open - looks like some cool things though, and getting the deal was great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter