Proving the Critics Wrong: Taking our 18 month old to WDW for 10 Days! Update- Chapt

Glad to hear you haven't had any stroller/bus issues! And thats good to know about the POP pool! thank you. I was planning on bringing her water shoes and of course we wouldnt let her run around near the pool,but like.most toddlers her legs just cant keep up with her sometimes, so adding slippery pavement could led to a real mess!

I have been tracking LINES this week since the crowd calendar is showing 5 and under, similar to what our week is predicted to be and most waits are 10-20 minutes depending on time of day, excluding the main headlines like TSM, so I am hopeful we can get a lot done. My plan for our first day is to enter for our CP breakfast, get pictures of empty Main St and the castle, eat, then head to dumbo,finish the rest of Fantasyland, hit tomorrowland and finish that, then head up for dd's first hair cut! While on our way up we will grab a fp for mickey for after her haircut! Hopefully I'm not being over zealous!

I assume you made an appointment for her first hair cut? If not, please do so. The wait can be painfully long otherwise.

We were at the MK on Saturday. The headliners only had 20 minute waits! We didn't ride any of the mountains, but were still pleasantly surprised at the wait times when we walked by them.

The Mickey and Minnie M&G never seems to have much of a line, but the Princess one took us a long time in stand-by. Strollers are not permitted inside, there is parking up the ramp in front of the store or along the rail down below.

I assume you made an appointment for her first hair cut? If not, please do so. The wait can be painfully long otherwise.

We were at the MK on Saturday. The headliners only had 20 minute waits! We didn't ride any of the mountains, but were still pleasantly surprised at the wait times when we walked by them.

The Mickey and Minnie M&G never seems to have much of a line, but the Princess one took us a long time in stand-by. Strollers are not permitted inside, there is parking up the ramp in front of the store or along the rail down below.

OH YES! I made an ADR months ago! I am not a "wing it" with places kind of girl! If I can make an ADR or APT I will! It tends to keep me on schedual and lessens the wait time!

I am praying the headline wait times would be 20 minutes! There are a ton of shows and meet & greet we want to do with DD, so being able to fly through the rides, get everything else done and then repeat would be awesome! My goal is to ride DUMBO atleast 4 times! Once to tape DD with Dh (me being in front of them), once to tape dd with me( dh in front), then once to tape DD with DH from the ground, then once to get some FL expansion shots!:rotfl2:

Maybe we will FP the princess and wait for Mickey, have to play that by ear. I just want to make sure we see Mickey that first morning before we head to take a nap. The princesses can be any time, I do love that the Mickey FP isn't linked so we can FP 2 things.

I actually want to check out the tink meet n greet, mostly because I think the whole "shrinking" thing seems cool!

OH YES! I made an ADR months ago! I am not a "wing it" with places kind of girl! If I can make an ADR or APT I will! It tends to keep me on schedual and lessens the wait time!

I am praying the headline wait times would be 20 minutes! There are a ton of shows and meet & greet we want to do with DD, so being able to fly through the rides, get everything else done and then repeat would be awesome! My goal is to ride DUMBO atleast 4 times! Once to tape DD with Dh (me being in front of them), once to tape dd with me( dh in front), then once to tape DD with DH from the ground, then once to get some FL expansion shots!:rotfl2:

Maybe we will FP the princess and wait for Mickey, have to play that by ear. I just want to make sure we see Mickey that first morning before we head to take a nap. The princesses can be any time, I do love that the Mickey FP isn't linked so we can FP 2 things.

I actually want to check out the tink meet n greet, mostly because I think the whole "shrinking" thing seems cool!

I usually fly by the seat of my pants. All the plans I made for the August weekend went out the window when we found the pool activities and camp fire. I ended up cancelling ADRs every day. We didn't make it a single one! I was sooooooo disappointed about missing the Captain's Grille breakfast.

The only ADR we kept was for the haircut.

We have not done the new Fairy meet. I'm the only girl in the family and it takes some convincing to get the guys to humor me. Although when it first started at Toon Town, it was Anakin who just HAD to see Tink. I think we waited over an hour to see her on a Memorial Day. Maybe it was another holiday? My parents had Grumpy at DTD, and dh and I took Anakin to see the fairies.

Ok you've talked me into Pop- yay!!! I think we're going to rent a car just in case the bus experience turns sour :thumbsup2

I usually fly by the seat of my pants. All the plans I made for the August weekend went out the window when we found the pool activities and camp fire. I ended up cancelling ADRs every day. We didn't make it a single one! I was sooooooo disappointed about missing the Captain's Grille breakfast.

The only ADR we kept was for the haircut.

We have not done the new Fairy meet. I'm the only girl in the family and it takes some convincing to get the guys to humor me. Although when it first started at Toon Town, it was Anakin who just HAD to see Tink. I think we waited over an hour to see her on a Memorial Day. Maybe it was another holiday? My parents had Grumpy at DTD, and dh and I took Anakin to see the fairies.

We have A LOT of MK time planned, so I will have to keep checking the wait time and try and hit a slow time! We have a lot of 1.1 days according to touring plans, so I am hopeing for the best!

Ok you've talked me into Pop- yay!!! I think we're going to rent a car just in case the bus experience turns sour :thumbsup2

I'm so glad! I have a TON of pics and post when I get back!:cool1: The car is a good idea, if you don't mind navigating! DH and I know we would just flight the entire time!:scared1: We prefer a less stree method of transportation, even if it takes longer:rotfl2:

Funny how I typed this and did it shortly afterwards. It's at the Adventurland Veranda, inside the building. Outide the building is Ariel's meet and greet.

Funny how I typed this and did it shortly afterwards. It's at the Adventurland Veranda, inside the building. Outide the building is Ariel's meet and greet.

It is funny how that happens! I think it because you become more aware of it! I am really looking forward to Ariel's also. Ariel and Jasmine are my too favs! I have sung "part of your world" and "A whole new world" to dd to get her to sleep, since she was born! I really felt that the messages of those stories were very fitting!

Read your PTR and it's great. Our youngest will be almost 17 months when we go on Monday, and I don't think he's to young. Our last trip was in '08 and Cod-Man was a week shy of 2 years old and did GREAT! He still talks about it, we did the cruise and WDW. We will be at the MNSSHP on the 13th too...I can't wait!

also, subbing to read your trip reports

Read your PTR and it's great. Our youngest will be almost 17 months when we go on Monday, and I don't think he's to young. Our last trip was in '08 and Cod-Man was a week shy of 2 years old and did GREAT! He still talks about it, we did the cruise and WDW. We will be at the MNSSHP on the 13th too...I can't wait!

also, subbing to read your trip reports

Thanks for joining! Where are you staying? How great you did a cruise! We cruised for our honeymoon and I have been begging DH to go again, maybe next year for our anniversary:thumbsup2 oh and did you get ahold of the airline about needed id/bc for the little one?

:cool1:I can't believe we leave tomorrow! I did online check-in for Southwest we got A46&47! Not bad! They still have seats available so i'm crossing my fingers!

I am praying the weather holds out, it looks like that one hurricane might be headed towards FL, I really would prefer it NOT!:goodvibes

I am all packed, minus my makeup and DH razor and DD's blanket and pluto (got to have those tonight:thumbsup2) We have the stroller (gate checking), one carry-on suitcase, one carry-on vera bradley weekender bag and two backpacks, plus 2 suitcases to check! You would think we are moving down there:rotfl2: But really one large checked suitcase is Diapers, Wipes, Snacks and Take N Toss stuff! Then one of the carry-on back packs are also diapers, wipes, hoodies, toys and entertainment for DD :woohoo: The other backpack is packed for the parks, so we don't have to run around last minute and pack, since we will be getting up at 530 on Sat (checkout of the room-only and check-in to the package and ADR at CP 8:05)

I also packed (in the carry-on) our swim suits, 2 days worth of clothing, my CHI, two flat sheets and our pillowcases (I know I am anal!:laughing:) But it's because of the laundry soap they use and not "dirty". I hate the smell of anything other than Tide, so bringing my own to plop over there's solves the problem :thumbsup2

I busted my booty cleaning today, giving DD a bath, doing laundry for when we get back, cleaning the kitchen and doing all of the dishes! Clean house for me when we get back! :yay:

I made DH promise to remind me to take notes and hopefully I can post a bit on here at night when we put DD down (no promises tho) I would/will be posting from my phone (which is a pain in the butt) so bare with me on typos and just weird things and spacing :confused3 I have a droid but I swear it hates me pirate:

For anyone leaving behind, have a great trip! Maybe we will run into eachother :thumbsup2

"See ya real soon!";)

Have a wonderful trip!! Glad you got good seats on the plane!!

I guess I better watch the news and check out our weather.

:cool1:I can't believe we leave tomorrow! I did online check-in for Southwest we got A46&47! Not bad! They still have seats available so i'm crossing my fingers!

I am praying the weather holds out, it looks like that one hurricane might be headed towards FL, I really would prefer it NOT!:goodvibes

I am all packed, minus my makeup and DH razor and DD's blanket and pluto (got to have those tonight:thumbsup2) We have the stroller (gate checking), one carry-on suitcase, one carry-on vera bradley weekender bag and two backpacks, plus 2 suitcases to check! You would think we are moving down there:rotfl2: But really one large checked suitcase is Diapers, Wipes, Snacks and Take N Toss stuff! Then one of the carry-on back packs are also diapers, wipes, hoodies, toys and entertainment for DD :woohoo: The other backpack is packed for the parks, so we don't have to run around last minute and pack, since we will be getting up at 530 on Sat (checkout of the room-only and check-in to the package and ADR at CP 8:05)

I also packed (in the carry-on) our swim suits, 2 days worth of clothing, my CHI, two flat sheets and our pillowcases (I know I am anal!:laughing:) But it's because of the laundry soap they use and not "dirty". I hate the smell of anything other than Tide, so bringing my own to plop over there's solves the problem :thumbsup2

I busted my booty cleaning today, giving DD a bath, doing laundry for when we get back, cleaning the kitchen and doing all of the dishes! Clean house for me when we get back! :yay:

I made DH promise to remind me to take notes and hopefully I can post a bit on here at night when we put DD down (no promises tho) I would/will be posting from my phone (which is a pain in the butt) so bare with me on typos and just weird things and spacing :confused3 I have a droid but I swear it hates me pirate:

For anyone leaving behind, have a great trip! Maybe we will run into eachother :thumbsup2

"See ya real soon!";)
Have a wonderful trip.:cool1:

At the airport now! Wonderful southwest lady set us up for gate checking fb stroller and said flight was about 1/2 full so we shouldn't have a problem getting a seat for dd!
Oh and we are delayed a whole 10 Haha ill live but southwest owes me 10 extra mickey minutes!

Have a great wonderful magical trip! Please make sure if nothing else let us know how the first haircut goes!!
Oh, and I am the exact same way about coming home to a clean house. I am also one that has to have everything unpacked before I go to sleep when we get back from vacation. Clothes washing and all! It drives DH crazy!
:cool1::cool1:Have a fun time and tell Mickey that we will see him real soon! ;)

Before you know it you will be here!!! Today has been a perfect day. A bit overcast and not too hot or humid! Should be the perfect summer Disney day!

Have a great wonderful magical trip! Please make sure if nothing else let us know how the first haircut goes!!
Oh, and I am the exact same way about coming home to a clean house. I am also one that has to have everything unpacked before I go to sleep when we get back from vacation. Clothes washing and all! It drives DH crazy!
:cool1::cool1:Have a fun time and tell Mickey that we will see him real soon! ;)

I just wanted to post real quick about our experience sun with dd the barber shop was packed when we checked in about 15 mins before our ressie the lady was polite but not very friendly. When dd was called the lady put the booster in the seat and went to put the cape on dd and dd freaked out. The lady tried to distract dd with a spinning lightup minnie mouse but it was too late, after like 2 minutes of dd fighting off the lady screaming amd crying the lady finally gives her mickey stickers... dd was so excited! why the heck she wouldn't give them to her firsr is beyond me. She finished the.cut, saved dds hair in a tissue for me ( I brought my own sandwixh biggie from home) gave dd her mickey ears and a ceryificate.

I don't think she did good job, maybe because dd was fighting her but she didn't seem to have a lot of experience with toddlers :-( over all cost us $22 I think i would pass next time :confused3

Make sure u ask for stickers from the start!

Oh, that is not the experience you wanted. Sorry about that. I hope the rest of everything else is wonderful!

I am Back!:cool1: I know it's been a while, I hope everyone had a great trip or is having a great trip! I have been MIA since we got back, it has been crazy around here and I was up for a promotion at work, interviewed the Friday after we got back and just found out they passed me up for it, so needless to say I am a bit annoyed and needed to get back to my DISing so I am :goodvibes again!

I started my trip report so please follow me over there and check it out!:cool1:

"See Ya Real Soon!"

Proving the Critics Wrong: WDW is for Toddlers!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter