• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Proof of Florida Residence Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if Joe from Texas has a FL id also and uses his texas CC to buy his FL id ticket lol
Joe from Texas cannot have a legal Florida ID. You cannot have ID from 2 states with the real license laws.
To get a Florida drivers license or ID you have to be a resident. They keep or cut off a corner of your ID from another state when you get the Florida driver's license. They are sticky about the proof and women even have to bring in their marriage license or divorce papers for proof of name. A passport with Florida residence listed can be used instead of searching for a 40 yr old marriage license. Did that when I changed mine because I no longer had the eye glass restriction.

To (hopefully) answer your original question....in Nov 2015 I used a bank statement printed from my online account to have my FL Annual Passes activated. They did carefully check the date of the statement (has to be within 2 months, mine was October) and that the address was in Florida, and the name on my non-Florida license matched.

I have a NYC driver license and FL state ID. They knew I had NYC driver license and did not care and told me it did not need to be turned in. In reality though, that was 6 years ago so maybe things changed now

In about September or early October of 2009, FL changed policy to require the "surrender" of your out-of-state license in order to comply with the Federal REAL ID Act of 2005.

When I came down to Orlando in April of 2009, I was able to get a FL ID and a part-time resident drivers license without surrendering my IN license. When my wife went to get hers in mid October of 2009, she was told she would have to surrender her IN license under the change in FL law to conform to the Federal statute.

Do a Google search on FL ID and drivers license requirements and both state you are required to surrender your out-of-state license. More information would also be garnered by reading about the The REAL ID Act.

Last edited:

Fl id's used to be much easier to get, but now with the "Real ID" laws, it is much more difficult, and they require a lot of documentation.
I'm from Fl and live in Fl and that is true now. When I renewed my DL I had to bring in birth certificate, car registration and a current bill showing home address.

I for one am happy for the change. I also wish every person from out of state that moves here is required to take a written test before being issued a a Fl DL...but that is another topic. ;)

I have a NYC driver license and FL state ID. They knew I had NYC driver license and did not care and told me it did not need to be turned in. In reality though, that was 6 years ago so maybe things changed now
Yes your Fl ID is probably invalid now. Real ID does not allow you to have an ID from 2 states. I think it took effect in Florida in 2010. Even just to change a restriction you have to jump through all the hoops. After my eye surgery never dreamt I would need to go through the proofs-just thought I needed the paper from the eye surgeon saying I no longer needed glasses, but had to return to house in search of bills and marriage license. They took my pass port as proof of current name.

Yes your Fl ID is probably invalid now. Real ID does not allow you to have an ID from 2 states. I think it took effect in Florida in 2010. Even just to change a restriction you have to jump through all the hoops. After my eye surgery never dreamt I would need to go through the proofs-just thought I needed the paper from the eye surgeon saying I no longer needed glasses, but had to return to house in search of bills and marriage license. They took my pass port as proof of current name.

=]

When we have to go back next time it'll be more complicated for sure. I think last time we went in person it was just before it became a lot stricter with id. The slogan is "gather go get" which I always sing to the tune of "You Better You Bet"

Ok, might be a dumb question but I'm working on getting all my info gathered for next year's move down to Orlando....I'm assuming a lease for an apartment with mine & the hubs name on it would be sufficent for proof of residency? I'm hoping to get our IDs the second day we're in town so we can get our APs pretty quick as well. #priorities

Ok, might be a dumb question but I'm working on getting all my info gathered for next year's move down to Orlando....I'm assuming a lease for an apartment with mine & the hubs name on it would be sufficent for proof of residency? I'm hoping to get our IDs the second day we're in town so we can get our APs pretty quick as well. #priorities

A rental lease is not one of Disney's accepted proofs of residency.

EDIT: The DMV should take it as one of your documents to get an ID though. I used one to get my license. I think I also brought my passport and SS card.

Google is your friend: http://www.dmv.org/fl-florida/id-cards.php

What if Joe from Texas has a FL id also and uses his texas CC to buy his FL id ticket lol

This is possible if Joe is military and his permanent residence is in Florida. But he would only have a FL ID and not a TX one. Still I think you have to call in or buy in person if the billing address isn't FL.

I use an online banking statement that I just print myself and it has been just fine for the past 3 years :)

To (hopefully) answer your original question....in Nov 2015 I used a bank statement printed from my online account to have my FL Annual Passes activated. They did carefully check the date of the statement (has to be within 2 months, mine was October) and that the address was in Florida, and the name on my non-Florida license matched.

LATJLP - are you saying as long as you provide the document of local residence (local bank statement, mortgage, etc.) that you DON'T need a FL issued ID?

I live in TN, and still have my FL driver's license. When we moved, I actually lost my wallet, and had to use other items to get my TN driver's license. I've since found that wallet, so now I have both. So it is possible. They don't raid your home when you move to take your old ID away.

Jumping on an old thread. Just to be clear. If I have bills from Comcast in my name, utility bill in my wife’s name and my billing address for the credit card is a Florida address but my Id is Missouri does that qualify for Florida residency discount?

Jumping on an old thread. Just to be clear. If I have bills from Comcast in my name, utility bill in my wife’s name and my billing address for the credit card is a Florida address but my Id is Missouri does that qualify for Florida residency discount?
yes.
And closing this thread since it is very old

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter