Proof of Florida Residence Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

potterfanatic

Mouseketeer
I purchased my tickets with the Florida Resident discount. I am planning on using my mortgage statement as proof because I don't have a Florida drivers license. I only do mobile banking so I no longer get a paper statement. When I called my bank to request a paper statement they told me I should just print it from the internet because it is the exact same thing that they send. Has anyone ever used a mortgage statement that they printed from the internet? Did it work?

We look at electronic bank and credit card statements on phones all the time, so I can't imagine why an online version of a mortgage statement would be an issue. As long as it's got your name, a FL address, and it's clearly from a financial institution, you're fine. (You will need a gov't issued ID with your name on it from somewhere to match the thing so we know it's actually yours.)

These are the guidelines: "Bills can be no more than two (2) months old. PO Boxes are not accepted as proof of residency. Current bills printed from electronic versions are acceptable, though photocopies and fax copies are not."

I need to get mine also. One advisor told me that the credit card you buy it with needs the address on it also. I do not know if thats true though

If we're talking about regular tickets, it doesn't matter. Joe from Texas can buy the 3-day FL Resident tickets for Suzie and Mike who live in Tampa as long as Suzie and Mike have their FL IDs.

But, if Suzie and Mike want annual passes, and they want to use the Monthly Payment Plan, Joe can only make the down payment - the monthly payments have to go on a card that belongs to Suzie, Mike, or someone else who has proof of FL residency. Now, whether or not that card has a billing address in Florida, we have to put the FL address on the contract for the "payor" - even if the payor isn't getting a pass of his or her own.

Whether or not an address mismatch there affects the billing is above my pay grade. :)

I purchased my tickets with the Florida Resident discount. I am planning on using my mortgage statement as proof because I don't have a Florida drivers license. I only do mobile banking so I no longer get a paper statement. When I called my bank to request a paper statement they told me I should just print it from the internet because it is the exact same thing that they send. Has anyone ever used a mortgage statement that they printed from the internet? Did it work?
Why not just print out your statement like the bank told you to. My statement does print exactly like the one the bank used to mail me, logos and all. If I print it myself it is free if the bank does it, its like $2.00 per page.

I have always used copies of bank statements printed from the PDF I download online. Never had a problem. (Although I do use a color printer just in case so they look pretty much like the originals - probably not necessary but just in case!)

A florida ID is so easy to get. Bring that statement with you and get an ID. Took me 10 minutes lol

In reality, I hope someone gives the answer you're looking for.

I need to get mine also. One advisor told me that the credit card you buy it with needs the address on it also. I do not know if thats true though

You can't purchase them online without a Florida address in your credit card. I called the Disney phone number and they let me purchase them over the phone when I told them I live out of state now, but still own my home in Florida.

That is sooooo not what just about all Floridians say.
I've been a Floridian -- twice. It's all about finding the DL office that has the lowest crowd. And I know where one is that's never crowded.

And I'm not telling...

A florida ID is so easy to get. Bring that statement with you and get an ID. Took me 10 minutes lol

In reality, I hope someone gives the answer you're looking for.

If you have led a simple straight forward life.

Florida ID is a pain in the butt if:

• Lost your birth certificate
  • If you are married but can't find your marriage license.
  • Divorced
  • Divorced more than once
  • Widowed
  • Widowed and remarried
  • Have changed your name for any other reason

My grandmother needed an ID card. She was married in 1933. Widowed in 1986. They wanted her birth certificate, her marriage license (from 1933), my grandfathers death certificate.

My coworker was divorced twice. She needed had to apply for marriage certificates and divorce decrees from Maryland and Georgia before she could get her license.

Last edited:
If you have led a simple straight forward life.

Florida ID is a pain in the butt if:

• Lost your birth certificate
  • If you are married but can't find your marriage license.
  • Divorced
  • Divorced more than once
  • Widowed
  • Widowed and remarried
  • Have changed your name for any other reason

My grandmother needed an ID card. She was married in 1933. Widowed in 1986. They wanted her birth certificate, her marriage license (from 1933), my grandfathers death certificate.

My coworker was divorced twice. She needed had to apply for marriage certificates and divorce decrees from decrees from Maryland and Georgia before she could get her license.
Don't people keep copies of important documents anymore?

Don't people keep copies of important documents anymore?

Needs to be an official document, not a copy.

I needed my current driver's license, birth certificate, social security card, and marriage license to get my drivers license renewed.

My son is 11 and has a FL ID. He needed birth certificate and social security card since he never had a change of name.

Needs to be an official document, not a copy.

I needed my current driver's license, birth certificate, social security card, and marriage license to get my drivers license renewed.

My son is 11 and has a FL ID. He needed birth certificate and social security card since he never had a change of name.
Well, yeah, certified copies...

The requirements are online at the Florida DMV site. In order to get a FL ID, if you have a driver's license from another state you have to relinquish it, that is something to note.

What do you use ad ID?

Fl id's used to be much easier to get, but now with the "Real ID" laws, it is much more difficult, and they require a lot of documentation.

What do you use ad ID?

You can use your id but there are a list of other things they will accept as proof of residency. I don't currently live in Florida so I don't have a Florida drivers license any longer, but I still own a home there.

It's not all that difficult to get an id, it's just a lot of paperwork you have to show to prove that you are who you say you are. I had to renew my Florida drivers license a few years before I moved and I had to bring my original marriage license. I had held a Florida drivers license with my married name for 9 years and then they wanted to see my marriage license! It was crazy.

Never had to turn in mine. This was going back 5 years ago though so who knows what changed. You don't even need a FL drivers license to register and get insurance on the car. Just 5 months ago, the DMV cared less that I had an out of state license. I guess it all depends where in FL you try to get these things

You don't have to be a resident to register a car. I did the same thing last year and never even stepped into a DMV

I believe the law is that you have to register your car within 10 days of moving, but have 30 to get a new license so it wouldn't make sense that they would need a FL license to register

It's the actual changing over of the license that requires several forms of ID and the website has seemingly contradictory information. One page says you only need an approved state ID and a secondary form, but another doesn't list approved state licenses as primary identification

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter