promotional pricing in november, usually for hotels?

carisa81

Mouseketeer
We don't usually go to the Disneyland Resort in November. I'm wondering if anyone knows if they usually have any hotel discounts for any of the three, onsite, hotels in November. We are looking to go November 18-22nd. It's the week before Thanksgiving. Not the week of Thanksgiving, in case that makes a difference. Thanks!

Last edited:
I would also like to know this! My mom and I are going those exact dates and currently have a reaervation at Tropicana! But if I can't get a good deal at a disneyland hotel I might thing about changing!

Sometimes Disney will offer special "Fall discounts," and those discounts will cover certain weeks in October, November and early December. There is usually some sort of Fall hotel offer for AP holders, and some sort of Fall offer for the general public (the former's discount is slightly greater than the latter's).

However, over the last couple of years the Fall discounts have covered fewer dates than they used to cover in the past. They used to include a wider range of weeks in the 3 months I mentioned. Now, the discounts often skip weeks or days when Disney is expecting large crowds. When they expect large crowds over a certain period of time, they don't need to offer any discounts. Also, some dates may show up as unavailable for the discount at first, and then open up much later on.

It is worth mentioning that there were no Fall discounts during the year that Cars Land and Buena Vista Street opened in DCA (2012). That was likely due to Disney assuming that they would be very busy all year, and therefore would not need to offer hotel savings. The discounts resumed in 2013.

At this point in time, I am almost inclined to think that this could be another year like 2012. It is possible that there might not be any Fall discounts this year, due to the ongoing Diamond Celebration (which is lasting at least through the end of 2015, and probably beyond). Disney may once again assume that the crowds will be pretty substantial for the next 7 months and not extend any discounts.

IF there is going to be a Fall discount of any kind this year, we probably won't know about it until early September.

Thank you! That all makes sense. I remember them offering no discounts the year Cars Land opened. I'm sure you are right, there will probably be no discount this year. I'll still keep my eye out for one, won't hold my breath, though.

Thank you! That all makes sense. I remember them offering no discounts the year Cars Land opened. I'm sure you are right, there will probably be no discount this year. I'll still keep my eye out for one, won't hold my breath, though.

Never say never. If there is one thing that I have learned about Disneyland Resort it is that, just when we think we have them nailed down to some sort of reliable pattern, they go and switch things up on us! Lol. So right now it may look like this could be a repeat of 2012, with no more discounts for the rest of the year, but if for any reason DLR does not see the attendance they are hoping to see all summer long, they may whip out a sudden Fall discount after all! Or, if they are planning to reduce the schedule of the new nighttime shows in the Fall (and we don't yet know what that schedule would be) they may assume that fewer people will be at DLR and then offer a Fall discount to keep people interested.

You just missed the 20% off deal Orbitz was offering that worked on DLR hotels. It just expired yesterday. Watch Orbitz, they usually put out at least 15% off codes. 15-20% is a lot of money at those hotels.

You just missed the 20% off deal Orbitz was offering that worked on DLR hotels. It just expired yesterday. Watch Orbitz, they usually put out at least 15% off codes. 15-20% is a lot of money at those hotels.

I saw the discounts for the hotels, but you had to COMPLETE your stay by the 16th, of June, I believe. We are going from June 15-19th. Staying at the Paradise Pier, Premium View room. I haven't stayed at the PP since they reopened as a Disney Hotel a long time ago. So that should be interesting! I'm going to request to get a higher room since we are going for our 13th wedding anniversary. I hope that gets us a good one. Ha! I'll keep an eye out for the Orbitz deals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter