Promotion during CP?

hopesethigh

Earning My Ears
Hey everyone. I have to say that I love it here in Orlando and Disney and I really want to stay here and make this my home and career.

I know that lots of you have more experience with Disney than I do, so I was wondering if you could answer some questions for me.

1) I know it is unlikely, but how do I go about getting a promotion while in CP? Are there certain tricks (so to speak) that will help me get noticed? Anything Disney really looks for?

2) Are you able to apply for the next session of the program and just stay there without having to go home?

3) Any final tips on promotions, getting job offers, what to do, what not to do, etc.

I really am excited and am doing everything I can to stay. Showing up to work, coming in when called, never calling in sick, etc.

Thanks!

I've never heard of any one getting a promotion while on their College Program...however, at the end of you program, you can choose to stay on part time or even full time. Then, after some time, I'm sure it would be possible to get promoted. As far as staying on the program longer without going home...Of Course!!! You'll hear almost every CP at some point saying, "are you extending?" Extending is really easy. Near the end of your program. You're manager or supervisor will ask, "Do you wan't to extend?" And you say Yes or No. Now if you do decide to extend, it's possible you may have to move apartments. This is just so that every room is consolodated and used efficiently. Disney wants as many full apartments vacant for new arrivals as possible. So just keep that in mind. You may have to move if over half of your roomates leave and you don't. If less than half leave, it's possible you'll stay and receive new roomies. I hope that answered your questions.:cool1:

In some areas, CPs have been made trainers ... it's rare, but it does happen occasionally. (When an area is looking for trainers, they have to ask FT folks first, then Part timers, then seasonal folks, and if they still don't have enough, then they can ask a CP to be a trainer)

I know one of my fellow CP'ers was going to be offered a coordinator position, but then he left the program early to drive to CA with two exotic dancers he met...but that's a whole 'nother story right there.

After my professional internship, I was hired into a full-time temporary assignment in my role so like everyone said, you can be hired after the program ends. Just work hard, rarely ER nor call-in, and volunteer.

I was a CP from January through August this year, and in May I was asked by one of my managers if I wanted to be an Area Trainer. There were a few CPs in my area who were made trainers, so it wasn't so uncommon in my area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter