Professional bra fitting. Go get one!

Discussion in 'Community Board' started by beaucoup, Jan 14, 2013.

1. snarlingcoyote

snarlingcoyote <font color=blue>I know people who live in really

A shout out to Fredericks of Hollywood. They are great at bra fittings. I went in and got one type of bra that looks wonderful on me (average size, DD tatas). My BFF went in and got a completely different line (larger, D tatas) that makes her look marvelous!

Also, Fred's bras are cheap and well-made. 2 for $50 or $60 and I'm still wearing some I bought 4 years ago. When I shopped at Dillards I paid $50 or more for 1 and was lucky if they lasted a year.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. afnaechiquita

afnaechiquita DIS Veteran

4. eliza61

eliza61 http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/images

never had one.

5. pyrxtc

pyrxtc <font color=deeppink>Married 10-5-02<br><font colo

I tried Nordstrom once but the woman was horrible. I could actually fold over fabric in the cup and had a large gap between my breasts from the bra where it didn't sit against my skin and she told me that it was a perfect fit. She was crazy !

I tried lane Bryant too but the sides of the bra's are too wide there and are very uncomfortable. I am thinking of heading to a place this weekend, it has been on my mind for a while.

6. Mandychelle79

Mandychelle79 DIS Veteran

Those bras are basically the same size. When I couldnt find the size I needed for something ( wedding, prom, etc) I was told to go up a band size and down a cup size or vice versa.

7. Mandychelle79

Mandychelle79 DIS Veteran

All the fittings in the world are not going to help me. I have one side that requires one cup size and the other is 2 cup sizes bigger.

8. wiigirl

wiigirl DIS Veteran

Me neither :P

9. gracie1

gracie1 DIS Veteran

I've had 3 fittings and none of them have been correct. I've been to Lane Bryant, Victoria's Secret and Soma.

10. Callie

Callie Always Dreaming of Disney Magic

My sister had that complain about the bras there. Also, she has different sizes.
    I admit, at times the sides get annoying, but its gotten better once they are worn for a while.

11. laurajetter

laurajetter Mouseketeer<br><Font color="red">The Tag Fairy thi

This thread is very similar to one a few years back that completely inspired me to go get fitted. I was excited to get similar, fantastic results that everyone else did but what ended up happening is that I got sized 3 different times at all the anchor stores of one mall (I just wanted to be sure it was done correctly) and darn if they weren't 3 different sizes. Most of the women who measured me seemed to just be young girls who were working in that department and none of them made any conversation, didn't give any recommendations or tips, etc. They just measured and told me what they came up with then scurried back to what they were doing before I came.

Thinking the third store would be the one that would determine which of the first two stores messed up in their measurements, I became frustrated and discouraged when it was yet another completely different measurement.

I want to know the best places to go; maybe I just went to the wrong places. I've never heard of a couple of the ones mentioned here that are supposed to be really good. I hope one day I can have the same experience everyone else is having. I hate wasting so much time if nothing gets accomplished. :(

12. Dax

Dax Proud to be Emma's Mommy

Now that I am pregnant, I need to get this done....I have put it off for a long time, but I am REALLY uncomfortable right now

13. luvwinnie

luvwinnie <font color=green>And how are YOU feeling?<br><fon

Has anyone been to an Intimacy store? Pricey but so worth it. Apparently I'm a 30 E! Where would you find that elsewhere?? So comfortable and the support difference is amazing. I was wearing 32 or 34 D and having so many issues.

14. redlight

redlight DIS Veteran

I'm a 30DD! I like Intimacy, too, but they are expensive.

15. dsneprincess

dsneprincess DIS Veteran

This was actually addressed on the Double Divas show the other night. After the proper fitting, there was no noticeable difference in size. It was an amazing job the bra fitter did making the girl look balanced. I have never been fitted, but after 2 episodes of that show, I think I should seek one out. I doubt all fitters are created equal.

16. beaucoup

beaucoup DIS Veteran

I did not go to a department store or a national chain store. I went to a lingerie store that has only a few stores in the parts of New England. The store was mostly bras & just some sleepwear. Practical choices. Not all sexy lingerie. Lady Grace Intimate Apparel http://ladygrace.com

17. lulubelle

lulubelle <font color=darkorchid><marquee> I am Miss Klutz W

I was fitted at Nordstrom and buy all my bras from Lady Grace. I love them! I wait for deals to come with the catalog and then order.

18. Aliceacc

Aliceacc <font color=royalblue>We had a wonderful time, but

That's what I did as well.

19. NEVERENOUGHWDW

NEVERENOUGHWDW <font color=blue>Still Missing 20,000 Leagues Unde

I started this a few years ago. Great thing to do!
    My size was really off, brand etc.

I wear all the same bra style now (Wacoal) and it's been an uplifting experience ;)