Professional bra fitting. Go get one!

Discussion in 'Community Board' started by beaucoup, Jan 14, 2013.

1. beaucoup

beaucoup DIS Veteran

Went today. I knew I had been wearing the wrong size. I would never have tried on the size she brought me. But WOW, what a difference the right size makes.

Just go get measured & fitted.

I went to a Lady Grace store since they have now opened one in my part of the state.

That is all. :goodvibes

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. npmommie

npmommie <font color=red>Channels George Michael in her car

Do they measure over your bra or do you have to get bare up top?

4. Aliceacc

Aliceacc <font color=royalblue>We had a wonderful time, but

I went after my mastectomy. The women at the store were wonderful, getting me exactly what I wanted.

That one stop did so much for my self image!! I was smiling all day, finally able to wear a T shirt without a blazer!!!

5. beaucoup

beaucoup DIS Veteran

I wondered about that too before I went in.

She measured over my bra & over my shirt. Asked if I liked wire or no wire, seams or no seams, soft or molded cups. Then brought me 1 to try on. Then she wanted to see it on, no shirt to see how it fit, then we tried a few other styles. I also wanted to try a sports bra & a sleep bra, so tried a couple of those. Honestly, it didn't take long at all.

Very professional. Pleasant personality. Laughed about how I had now joined the DDD club. :eek: I will definitely be going back to the store & not just getting Just My Size or Playtex 18 hr bras at Walmart or Kmart any longer. :rotfl: And the price was not as scary as I thought it might be.

6. PlutoPony

PlutoPony DIS Veteran

Absolutely agree - it can make a world of difference, in looks and comfort!!!

Another good store for this is Nordstroms. Think just about everyone in the department is a certified fitter and most have experience with breast surgeries as well.

7. beaucoup

beaucoup DIS Veteran

:thumbsup2
    I noticed a sign up at checkout about mastectomy fittings.

I was worried about coming out of there looking bigger than I had gone in or being cone shaped. :rotfl: Not the case at all. The girls are riding higher, but I like it!

8. kwelch10377

kwelch10377 DIS Veteran

I did one at Nordstrom a few years ago and I was so happy that I did it.

Nordstrom was great too because they really didn't pressure me into getting a whole bunch of new bras and the prices of the bras really weren't too outrageous for the quality and style.

9. pigletgirl

pigletgirl <font color=green>You do have a life. It is just i

It's amazing how a good fitting bra looks under tops! Well worth the $$$ to spend on nice bras.

10. Aliceacc

Aliceacc <font color=royalblue>We had a wonderful time, but

Honestly, I went after I was done with reconstruction-- I was the size I was going to stay. During reconstruction, it was "best guess" and a blazer every single day.

Quick hijack: Did I mention I teach high school in a coed school?? The funniest (??) was during radiation, when I started to burn a bit. My doctor told me I couldn't wear a bra for a week. I reminded him that I taught teenage boys, and that as a math teacher I give lots and lots of one on one extra help. He was sympathetic, but firm-- an infection would be a problem. So I did what I had to do, and my friends and I got a good laugh out of it for the week. One greeted me every day that week with "How's it hanging, Alice???"

11. denisem

denisem DIS Veteran

:rotfl2: :thumbsup2 Amazing how humor helps during those times, huh? After my surgery (and before bra/prothesis fitting) I announced during dinner with close friends I had discovered the true meaning of "stick a sock in it!". ::yes::

Back to OT: That was my 1st professional bra fitting and wish I had done it years earlier. I'd been wearing the wrong band size all along and it really made a huge difference in comfort and fit. Go for it, ladies (I almost typed "girls" but thought that could be misconstrued). ;)

12. TLuvsD

TLuvsD DIS Veteran

Go for the Fitting...and take your daughter, too! My D was wearing completely the wrong size. I took her to Victoria's Secret, the sales staff was very nice and she is so much more comfortable now.

13. redlight

redlight DIS Veteran

Yes, do it.

14. castmemberb4

castmemberb4 DIS Veteran

I did one at Soma , didn't like the bra, went to a different Soma store told them the problem with current bra, after measuring me she said she'd put me in the same size. I could pull it off over my head with out unfastening !!!!
    I need to go some place better. Thanks for the suggestions.

15. minniecarousel

minniecarousel <font color=royalblue>Chris Isaak fan<br><font col

I went to Nordstrom for a fitting. Bought one Wacoal bra and ordered more on Amazon because they were cheaper.

My sister had a lumpectomy several months ago and I've told her I'll go with her when she's ready to get a good bra.

I haven't parted with all my old bras yet, but I will.

16. Jill in Chicago

Jill in Chicago DIS Veteran

I was wearing a 40 C and what I really needed was a 38 D. I thought a 38 would be WAY too small, but with the D cup it worked.

17. DLBDS

DLBDS Loves that Sweetened Condensed Milk

OP, after reading your post, I quickly glanced at your name and read it to say "B-Cup". I did a double-take. :rotfl:

18. CaliBear

CaliBear DIS Veteran

This thread is timely for me. I got a bra fitting today and feel like a new person. Like others, I was wearing too big in the rib cage and too small in the cup. The result was not enough support. My new bra is snug and I am very happy. :goodvibes

19. Callie

Callie Always Dreaming of Disney Magic

I went into Lane Bryant two weeks ago.
    I finally found some bras that are comfortable, and don't give me cone ****s! Not to mention they are cute. When you are my size, it's hard to find cute ones.

They were really nice helping and giving advice. Didn't really need measured because I had an idea of what size I was. They fit too.

I figure they see so many people topless, and its just ****s. :blush:

20. beaucoup

beaucoup DIS Veteran

:rotfl: Oh how I wish!!!!!! :rotfl2:

21. beaucoup

beaucoup DIS Veteran

Me too. I have my new sleep bra on. Its very comfy. When you are as big as I am, it is nice to not be floppy everywhere. :goodvibes