Princess Storybook Dining at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall

Can anyone tell me what time lunch service ends at and dinner service begins? Our ressie is for 3:20 so I am pretty sure that we are at the tell end of lunch but I want to be sure so I can gie my Dad an accurate menu. He is not an adventurous eater!

Thanks in advance.

I have a breakfast and lunch reserved.. mostly this thread compares dinner and breakfast.. so what about lunch? Same as dinner?

Breakfast:8:00AM-11:10AM (Includes Characters)
**Lunch:11:55AM-3:30PM (Includes Characters)
**Dinner:4:55PM-8:35PM (Includes Characters)**

question! well the sites dont tell you what the price is excatly! Im wondering how much is this place going to be the time we are going? I really am trying not to call and find out! hoping someone here know! Im looking at the 7th of sept. they still have openings

Can someone please tell me how much does breakfast cost here? For adult and child.. I called disney and they are trying to tell me its $39 with tax for adult and $24 for children.. that doesn't seem right?? We are going the beginning of may.

thanks so much!

Can someone please tell me how much does breakfast cost here? For adult and child.. I called disney and they are trying to tell me its $39 with tax for adult and $24 for children.. that doesn't seem right?? We are going the beginning of may.

thanks so much!

Yep, that seems about right. When we went to Akershus for dinner in January, we were on the DDP so it was covered under our TS credit, but I did pay for one of our character breakfasts OOP at Chef Mickey and it was around $80 with tax and tip for 2 adults (DD was free since she was 2). :eek:

We went to Akershus twice for breakfast on our February 2011, it was fantastic the Princesses were great with our girls and the food was fantastic.:thumbsup2 we will be doing a couple of trips to Arkershus on our next rrip for sure.

We were there last week and we loved it. I love the buffet while you wait for your main meal. The price was also very reasonable compared to Ariel's Grotto in California Adventure. I like that the pic with Belle was included, at the Ariel's Grotto you had to pay for it separately and the price was higher then Akershu. The desserts were great, they even offered more, but we passed.

We just changed a breakfast reservation to dinner because we were told by CM that breakfast would not be princesses; but different characters. FYI.

Our trip is planned for June 5-10.

I changed our lunch reservation for next week to the latest breakfast reservation because I thought my family would do a better job eat the breakfast food for lunch than what Akershus offers for lunch options. Has anybody been to breakfast there recently and can confirm that there are still princesses at breakfast? My concern is that I was just looking at the information on Disney's site and it does not mention which princess are usually there but it does say, "Adding to the regal scene are the Disney Princesses, leading ladies and friends who visit diners at their tables to share a smile, give autographs and pose for pictures."

I thought it use to say which princess were in the rotation. :confused3 Maybe I read that somewhere else.

I changed our lunch reservation for next week to the latest breakfast reservation because I thought my family would do a better job eat the breakfast food for lunch than what Akershus offers for lunch options. Has anybody been to breakfast there recently and can confirm that there are still princesses at breakfast? My concern is that I was just looking at the information on Disney's site and it does not mention which princess are usually there but it does say, "Adding to the regal scene are the Disney Princesses, leading ladies and friends who visit diners at their tables to share a smile, give autographs and pose for pictures."

I thought it use to say which princess were in the rotation. :confused3 Maybe I read that somewhere else.

The Princesses that come around to your table has always been subject to change (just like at CRT except for Cinderella downstairs greeting). The only one that stays the same is Belle at the door in her ball gown. We have gone to Akershus breakfast every trip that we have made except for our first trip (ate at CRT that trip) and every trip we have had different princesses come to our table. Our most recent trips, however, has been Snow White, Cinderella, Ariel, and Sleeping Beauty.

It would be interesting to see how true this so called "Rumor" that the CM had told the PP about Akershus not having princesses for breakfast anymore. Unless Disney officially states that this is going to happen, I am going to take this rumor like any other rumor...with a grain of salt.

Well I guess I should of read when the post about that Rumor was before getting on my high horse. I am guessing since it was posted 6 months ago, there has been no changes to whether the princesses are around during breakfast or not.....sorry for the disturbance :goodvibes.

My best friend and I are going to WDW at the end of May for a girls trip. Going to try Akershus for our first character dining experience. We are young adults--24 years old--Has anyone had experience going to Akershus without kids? What was your interaction like? Worried we will not get as much attention as tables with children. :confused3

I've done breakfast here before, but not dinner. I know that breakfast is served family style. So, is the dinner a buffet? For some reason, I thought that it each guest had to order off of a menu, or order a la carte?

There is a cold buffet at all meals...includes cheeses, some meats, salads, etc. Breakfast is served all you can eat family style and includes eggs, bacon, sausage, etc. Lunch and Dinner you chose your entree al a cart

we are going for lunch @ 12:00 oct 5th. what is the food like? we didnt want to go to breakfast, because it looks like every other breakfast menu, and i wanted something different as we will be eating too much breakfast. what was your favorite? what should i avoid? it will be me my dh and (for trip purpose 2 yr old, but turns 3 the thursday at the end of our trip) 2 yr old is more adventurist than dh when it comes to food.

I went this past September with 2 other guys, and will be going by myself this October. I'm apparently in the minority of people who like the Norwegian food they served. I had the Kjottkake and it was quite good (even tho it was mainly just Swedish meatballs). Plus the smoked salmon on the koltbord was really good as well.

Same here on all fronts! Also a dude who is going by himself and has also done so before, had a great time and also loved the kjottkake and most of the smorgasboard they spread out as well. I also love the cocktails they serve with the linnie aquavit!

Just booked our breakfast, I want to see the princesses. It is just me and hubby (no kids yet), our one year anniversary. Got engaged in DL in front of Flynn and Rapunzel (she isn't there yet, is she?) Really hope they spend time at our table. Excited about the photo op too, can you add it to your photopass?

RapunzelFloyd said:
Just booked our breakfast, I want to see the princesses. It is just me and hubby (no kids yet), our one year anniversary. Got engaged in DL in front of Flynn and Rapunzel (she isn't there yet, is she?) Really hope they spend time at our table. Excited about the photo op too, can you add it to your photopass?

Rapunzel is sadly not at Akershus, and currently Flynn only appears at mvmcp and mnsshp.

The photo can be added to photopass. On the margin of the large photo is a number code to enter into your photopass account.

Have a great anniversary, congratulations!

Yes you will see little girls dining in their Princess Costumes, however my 2 princess:princess: are not one of those girls. I am like you and don't want to be lugging around 2 puffy dresses with me for the day since when we eat there we always get breakfast ADRs for before the park opens. Instead my girls like to wear one of those plastic tiaras that you can buy either at the parks or at the Disney Store. That way there, they still feel like they are apart of the Princess atmosphere while being comfortable in their own clothes too.

So is it ok to wear standard park attire to eat at Akershus? Like jeans and t-shirts?

So is it ok to wear standard park attire to eat at Akershus? Like jeans and t-shirts?

Yup!! My sister took her 2 kids in whatever they were wearing in the parks that day, and I plan on doing the same with my dd... might slip a tiny tiara on her head but that's it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter