• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Princess 1/2 2013...anyone else???

Thank you for the map this is helpful!

I got back to the gym today. I'm still healing but I walk/run for 4.27 miles in 1 hr. It felt good to get back!

Hi Princesses!! Hope everyone's training is going well. I haven't been training, but I'm getting back on the wagon this weekend. I hadn't talked to DH about going to the PHM and wasn't sure how he'd react. Well, I casually mentioned it to him this week, and he said sure. I kept asking what's the catch? He just said it's one less trip to Disney that he has to take!! Woohooo! I'm officially going to do this... for me! Now... anyone have any advice on how I can break the news to my DD and DS that I'll be going to Disney without them?

Now...I've got to catch up on reading the thread.

Count me in! I'm planning on doing the Princess 1/2 in 2013 and I need some buddies to meet up with! :goodvibes

i'm on week 5 of my couch to 5k program. Its so hard, but i listen to disney music while running to keep me motivated, that and picturing a margarita waiting for me at the finish line :rotfl: but keep up the good work everyone! I hope to see you all there!

i'm on week 5 of my couch to 5k program. Its so hard, but i listen to disney music while running to keep me motivated, that and picturing a margarita waiting for me at the finish line :rotfl: but keep up the good work everyone! I hope to see you all there!

I'm doing the run/walk training method (it's similar) - I like it because I can take a walk break if I need it.

I AM SOOO FRUSTRATED RIGHT NOW...I am trying to sign up for the PHM and am having a lot of trouble...maybe someone on this board can help?
#1 I am doing this with my DD15 and do not know if we should register as a "team" or not - what are the pros & cons of being on a "team".

#2 What is the fastest time you can put in before you have to show proof.

#3 If I did the race last year will they automatically use my time or can I still use the fastest time with out proof needed?

Also when I got to the registration page and did not see a place to register my daughter - is it a separate registration even though she is a minor? I really wanted to suprise her with getting us registered today but its not looking good....hope someone is out there who can help me with these questions...or if anyone knows a telephone # to get help I wasnt even able to access that online today...I do not remember having this difficulty last year...thanks so much in advance.

I AM SOOO FRUSTRATED RIGHT NOW...I am trying to sign up for the PHM and am having a lot of trouble...maybe someone on this board can help?
#1 I am doing this with my DD15 and do not know if we should register as a "team" or not - what are the pros & cons of being on a "team".

#2 What is the fastest time you can put in before you have to show proof.

#3 If I did the race last year will they automatically use my time or can I still use the fastest time with out proof needed?

Also when I got to the registration page and did not see a place to register my daughter - is it a separate registration even though she is a minor? I really wanted to suprise her with getting us registered today but its not looking good....hope someone is out there who can help me with these questions...or if anyone knows a telephone # to get help I wasnt even able to access that online today...I do not remember having this difficulty last year...thanks so much in advance.

1. I am not sure about the teams since this is my first year. It says it allows you to compete in team prizes and you get a team bib

2. You don't have to show proof at time of registration for your time. You just enter N/A for the time and send them an email if you get a time less than 2:45 (I think). if you don't ever send them a time, I think you will just be placed in the last corral. Anything faster than 2:45 requires proof.

3. I don't know since this is my first Disney race.

4. When I finished on the final confirmation page it had a button that said "register another person" or something along that line. I was only only doing myself so I didn't click it but I assume you click that and can add your daughter and finish your team.

Hope that helps a little bit. I also think the run disney number (407-WDW-IRUN) can also do your ressie.

Good Luck!

Thanks Jennifer - I appreciate your feedback. I did call and spoke with a great guy who totally walked me through it and I decided to register each of us separately. I am just glad I got it done! To celebrate we went out tonight and bought new training sneakers!bWe are totally committed now! Or maybe we should just be committed!! :rotfl:

Thanks Jennifer - I appreciate your feedback. I did call and spoke with a great guy who totally walked me through it and I decided to register each of us separately. I am just glad I got it done! To celebrate we went out tonight and bought new training sneakers!bWe are totally committed now! Or maybe we should just be committed!! :rotfl:

:cool1::thumbsup2 Great news! I always seem to have better success when I call. We'll be committed together. :)

Ignore my question on the walkers' thread - you just answered it. :flower3:

Went to buy my DD14 new sneakers to trai in with me - thought I should ask if mine were at the point of needing to be replaced...so I said to the running shoe young man "I know there are several different ways that I have either been told or read about to know if its time to replace your sneakers, but Im not sure if mine are ready they do not seem to twist easily (demonstrated) and they do bend at the toebox (demonstrated) but also not too easily." Then I handed over the sneaker and he turned it over and very sincerely and with a straight face said..."The best indication that its time to replace your sneakers is when there is a hole in the sole!!" SERIOUSLY I HAD NO IDEA!! I never looked at the bottoms before I just put them on and go! We both laughed and I bought myself a new pair as well as my DD! Anyway we are all set to train for PHM 2013!!

Went to buy my DD14 new sneakers to trai in with me - thought I should ask if mine were at the point of needing to be replaced...so I said to the running shoe young man "I know there are several different ways that I have either been told or read about to know if its time to replace your sneakers, but Im not sure if mine are ready they do not seem to twist easily (demonstrated) and they do bend at the toebox (demonstrated) but also not too easily." Then I handed over the sneaker and he turned it over and very sincerely and with a straight face said..."The best indication that its time to replace your sneakers is when there is a hole in the sole!!" SERIOUSLY I HAD NO IDEA!! I never looked at the bottoms before I just put them on and go! We both laughed and I bought myself a new pair as well as my DD! Anyway we are all set to train for PHM 2013!!

That is great!

I just booked our flights! I figured since the PHM is during the school vaca weeks I would look to see if there were fares posted yet and I found what I think was a great deal from BDL(HARTFORD) to Orlando for only 260.00 total! Including all fees and taxes and 2 checked bags!! It was on Southwest and they also said if we needed to change anything there are no change fees either! OMG - it just keeps getting more and more exciting!! Now we need to find a place to stay - Anyone find a great deal on rooms yet? I have park tix so we need room only. Thanks!

:rotfl: that is a great story!

I was talking to the coach at a walking clinic and asking her about my form, stride, etc. I had been trying to squeeze out the last bit of life out of my older running shoes so had worn them that day. She talked with me a little then looked down and told me that the main thing I needed to worry about were my shoes - 'how old are they anyway?'. I was more than a little embarrassed :blush:.

I bet you feel like you're walking on pillows, now!

I can tell you they are heavenly! I am not sure why I waited so long... Have any of you made your hotel reservations yet?

I can tell you they are heavenly! I am not sure why I waited so long... Have any of you made your hotel reservations yet?

We did yesterday! We'll be rocking AsMo! Although right now we're having some minor glitches so we need to get it all figured out tomorrow

We bare currently thinking POR - Have you stayed there? I have been told they are a host resort and since last year we stayed off property I was thinking this might be a good thing to try...priced out at approx 900.00 for our 4 nights...thoughts?

We bare currently thinking POR - Have you stayed there? I have been told they are a host resort and since last year we stayed off property I was thinking this might be a good thing to try...priced out at approx 900.00 for our 4 nights...thoughts?

We stayed at POR for a quickie trip back in May and fell in love with it, much more so than PoFQ. We stayed in the Magnolia Terrace / Acadian section (not the princess rooms) and it was very quiet and peaceful. Not too bad of a walk to the main area, maybe 5 minutes? The beds are queens, not doubles and with two adults and a DD14 we had plenty of space in the room.

I am leaning towards splurging on a deluxe, but if we can't swing that, I'll probably go back to POR!

Oh, and there is a HOT TUB on Old Man Island, too! :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter