Prince Charmsalot to Accompany the Damsels This Trip But You Must Pose w/ Princesses

Anyone who knows my seriously ADD and impulsive DH would never believe me if I said that he sat down with me on Friday evening for an hour and looked at menus and food photos for some of the ADRs that we have booked next month!

From our little sit down I learned the following:
1. He pretty much wants ice-cream every day!
2. He may not be as fond of characters as me but he'll endure a buffet of epic proportions to get some eggs and bacon!
3. He wants sushi... doesn't care where or what kind - just give him some fishy parts smushed in some rice and he'll be happy.
4. He isn't a fan of Mickey waffles. That's where I tell him I can accept that if he doesn't judge me for my love of these wonderful golden delicious icons of WDW! :love:

My plan to show him the menus and food photos of all our ADRs didn't work out since after an hour I was still extolling the vitures of a buffet at Boma with some ethnic choices versus Crystal Palace with an emphasis on more traditional food AND characters! I lost him after that... apparently, Swamp People on the History channel is more to his liking than perusing menus. Hmph! :snooty:

As for the Master Plan if you will... I would post our park touring plans for the day but there is nothing certain with us. I just know that our current ADRs are the anchors for our day and looking at how many meals we have planned our day will likely look like this:

Eat...tour for an hour... Eat... tour for an hour, maybe two... nap... Eat... do EMH somewhere. Exciting stuff I tell you! :laughing:

I do plan to go with DH to a waterpark - likely TL - and we also plan to visit DisneyQuest since we've never been to either. Since these are included in our Premier passes we may as well see if they have some hidden gems to add to future plans.

Since we don't have a package booked I don't have the pleasure of getting Mickey Mail but I am looking forward to receiving my DME tags! Hey Disney, I'm almost at 30 days, PLEASE send me my tags so I can do a happy dance! :banana:

And finally.... I decided to upgrade to the Photopass + this trip. And look what came in the mail Friday!!

DSC05959.jpg

LOL! I had to laugh when you said that you got your DH to sit down and talk about the food and looking at photos. I can't even manage to get that much done with my husband. He's of the mind set that he will worry about what to eat when we get there. LOL!

I've tried everything i can think of to get him to look at pictures. Nothing works. I've just decided that's the way he is and there's no point in trying to change him. LOL!!

Yum! Sushi!!

I love Mickey Mail!! I can't wait for ours to come.

I'm also doing the Photopass +. I was so excited when our voucher came in the mail. DH thought that I'd won the lottery. LOL!!

Loved the backstory about the your signature picture. It's so nice to know that story behind it.

wilma-bride said:
Hi Brenda, as I mentioned before on your last dining review, we are there the same time as you and - by my reckoning - will be in Animal Kingdom the same day (the 27th, right?).

I love the fact that your DH is so well trained he doesn't start eating until you have snapped your picture. Mine is the same now, although he did used to (and still does sometimes) protest. However, I knew we had turned a corner when a couple of years ago, we were waiting on dessert at a restaurant and I had to go to the bathroom. When I came back, the desserts had arrived and everyone was tucking in. I quickly grabbed my camera to try and take pictures of the remains when DH informed me that he had already done it. Good man :thumbsup2

I hope we run into you around WDW in August. And, if not, then I look forward to reading about your adventures when we return (we leave on 30th too).

Me too! I'll be at POR Aug23-Sept1 and definitely at AK on the 27th. Are you on the August thread? There's a ton of us on there and have a LGMH designed for this group. I'd pst the link but can't figure that out on this addictive app! :( anyway hopefully see you both at AK!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Hello! Just saw the link in your signature! I really never come over to this section of the boards so I would never have found you!

Love your plans! Very sorry that our paths don't seem to cross much! I will really have to sit down & compare. Course if we both keep changing things .... :rotfl:

Love your DL pics and the parade story! How fantastic for you! We really did love DL in 2010. I know that I definitely want to get back there one day, just not sure when that will be!

What a wonderful story about your signature photo! You and your daughter are so pretty! And you do look like sisters!

LOL! I had to laugh when you said that you got your DH to sit down and talk about the food and looking at photos. I can't even manage to get that much done with my husband. He's of the mind set that he will worry about what to eat when we get there. LOL!

I've tried everything i can think of to get him to look at pictures. Nothing works. I've just decided that's the way he is and there's no point in trying to change him. LOL!!

Yum! Sushi!!

I love Mickey Mail!! I can't wait for ours to come.

I'm also doing the Photopass +. I was so excited when our voucher came in the mail. DH thought that I'd won the lottery. LOL!!

Loved the backstory about the your signature picture. It's so nice to know that story behind it.

:) At least your ADRs will all be a surprise for your DH so he can't object in advance of any of your choices!

I looked in my photopass account and didn't see a credit for the photo CD so this version must work different. :confused3 I'll have to figure it out when we get there.

thanks for dropping by! :goodvibes

Me too! I'll be at POR Aug23-Sept1 and definitely at AK on the 27th. Are you on the August thread? There's a ton of us on there and have a LGMH designed for this group. I'd pst the link but can't figure that out on this addictive app! :( anyway hopefully see you both at AK!

Hi there fellow August dis'er! Yes, I've posted a few times on the August thread so I've been around. Excited to see so much activity there - makes for some great company as we await our travel dates!

Ok, really stupid question here that I wouldn't dare post on the August 2012 thread but what is LGMH? :confused:

Thank you for saying hi! :thumbsup2

Hello! Just saw the link in your signature! I really never come over to this section of the boards so I would never have found you!

Love your plans! Very sorry that our paths don't seem to cross much! I will really have to sit down & compare. Course if we both keep changing things .... :rotfl:

Love your DL pics and the parade story! How fantastic for you! We really did love DL in 2010. I know that I definitely want to get back there one day, just not sure when that will be!

Hi there - glad you found me!! :laughing: Instead of only a dining PTR I just went for something with a broader scope and decided on a general PTR! :upsidedow

I'm still all about getting together if it works out. :thumbsup2 Cocktails in Epcot would be lovely. I'm trying very hard to not make further changes but it is very tempting.... You know how that goes! :rolleyes:

I hope you are enjoying your weekend! Have a great one!

What a wonderful story about your signature photo! You and your daughter are so pretty! And you do look like sisters!

Awwww thanks! I remember your dining review last year with your son's medical scare! Glad all was well.

Thank you for reading. :goodvibes

emmysmommy said:
Hi there fellow August dis'er! Yes, I've posted a few times on the August thread so I've been around. Excited to see so much activity there - makes for some great company as we await our travel dates!

Ok, really stupid question here that I wouldn't dare post on the August 2012 thread but what is LGMH? :confused:

Thank you for saying hi! :thumbsup:

Not a stupid question! I'm a newbie here posting but it took a lot of lurking to learn that It's a lime green Mickey head to represent disboards. 2 members of the August group made 2 versions for "Team August". I love your story of being a grand Marshall and the pics from Disneyland! Can't wait to read more!

So glad I found you here! What a fun and entertaining PTR! I'm totally jealous of your ADRs, they look amazing. :thumbsup2 Your DH sounds very funny. I just wish I had a fella that enjoyed traveling. But that certainly doesn't stop me DD and me from going anywhere obviously! :rotfl2: And what a great grand marshall story, such a great opportunity. Can't wait to read more of your PTR as we both get ready for our trips!

Not a stupid question! I'm a newbie here posting but it took a lot of lurking to learn that It's a lime green Mickey head to represent disboards. 2 members of the August group made 2 versions for "Team August". I love your story of being a grand Marshall and the pics from Disneyland! Can't wait to read more!

Thanks! So are these for lanyards? Maybe I should go read up and pay attention. :lmao:

Go Team August!

So glad I found you here! What a fun and entertaining PTR! I'm totally jealous of your ADRs, they look amazing. :thumbsup2 Your DH sounds very funny. I just wish I had a fella that enjoyed traveling. But that certainly doesn't stop me DD and me from going anywhere obviously! :rotfl2: And what a great grand marshall story, such a great opportunity. Can't wait to read more of your PTR as we both get ready for our trips!

Hi! :wave2: There's something wonderful about mother/daughter trips - keep enjoying them. :upsidedow

How fun that we can count down our trips together! :)

Hooooray!!! I received these today....

DSC05963.jpg

Apparently Disney thinks that I will only bring 1 piece of checked luggage per person! :rotfl: I need to call and ask for another set of tags.

Since we have a split stay I need to see if I will get my ME voucher for our return airfare. For each of my room reservations I arranged for ME one-way only.

Seeing these little pieces of paper make me so happy! What a great reminder that we're not far from our trip.

Hi Brenda! So excited to hear about your upcoming trip! Hope you don't mind if I live vicariously through you while i wait forever for November to arrive :rotfl2:

Not sure if you have decided on Typhoon Lagoon vs. Blizzard Beach. DH and I visited them both on our honeymoon. We thought that Blizzard Beach had a larger variety of really fun slides than Typhoon Lagoon did, however Typhoon Lagoon has Crush N Gusher which is AWESOME. Basically like a water slide and a roller coaster had a baby. It also has the surf pool, which was a little more action than I like in a pool, and the shark reef, which we didn't get to try. I really don't even know which water park we would pick again, I don't think you can go wrong with either!! Unless of course one of you is interested in plummeting straight down 120 feet at 60 mph and possibly loosing your bathing suit in the process (not my thing personally :rotfl2:)... then you should definitely pick Blizzard Beach!

Hooooray!!! I received these today....

DSC05963.jpg

Apparently Disney thinks that I will only bring 1 piece of checked luggage per person! :rotfl: I need to call and ask for another set of tags.

Since we have a split stay I need to see if I will get my ME voucher for our return airfare. For each of my room reservations I arranged for ME one-way only.

Seeing these little pieces of paper make me so happy! What a great reminder that we're not far from our trip.

Hello from a fellow Californian:wave: When I receive those tags, it makes me so excited :goodvibesI love your dining reviews cannot wait to read more. No Disney trip for us this year due to me being in Nursing school:hyper: :crazy2: But I have a 14 day surprise trip for DS next August. Now I have to plan everything without opening my big mouth:lmao:

Yay for getting your Mickey Mail!!!! :cool1:

Hahaha planning our ADR's usually ends up being a multi-step process, in no small part based on what's on TV then! :laughing: DH doesn't like Mickey waffles???? :faint: I don't even like waffles THAT much, and they are a trip requirement!!!

I feel your pain on the communication with your DH. Mine doesn't like to get involved in the whole planning thing, preferring to leave it to me and then moan if I don't read his mind and factor in the things he wants to do :rolleyes1 A few years back now, I tried several times to sit down with him and see what parks he wanted to visit on our trip and every time he just kept saying 'You know me, dear, I'm easy. I'll just go where I'm told'. So i plan the itinerary, show it to him a couple fo days before we leave and he says 'What day are we going to Typhoon Lagoon, I don't see it here' :rolleyes:

He has, however, been more involved this trip since the first half of our trip was his idea (the Keys and the West Coast of Florida). He has even chosen a restaurant for the Disney part of our trip - yes, for some reason, my dear husband has his heart set on House of Blues. I have no idea why but he has wanted to eat there for ages so this time I have actually made an ADR and we will be having dinner thre one night. It'd better be good or he won't be allowed to have a say in any future trips :rotfl2:

Anyway, back to your trip, Brenda. I am so excited to see your luggage tags and ME details. We always rent a car so we don't get any of that and, being DVC members, we don't et Mickey Mail either. Must be exciting to have all that lovely WDW mail. Not long now...

Anyone who knows my seriously ADD and impulsive DH would never believe me if I said that he sat down with me on Friday evening for an hour and looked at menus and food photos for some of the ADRs that we have booked next month!

From our little sit down I learned the following:
1. He pretty much wants ice-cream every day!
2. He may not be as fond of characters as me but he'll endure a buffet of epic proportions to get some eggs and bacon!
3. He wants sushi... doesn't care where or what kind - just give him some fishy parts smushed in some rice and he'll be happy.
4. He isn't a fan of Mickey waffles. That's where I tell him I can accept that if he doesn't judge me for my love of these wonderful golden delicious icons of WDW! :love:

My plan to show him the menus and food photos of all our ADRs didn't work out since after an hour I was still extolling the vitures of a buffet at Boma with some ethnic choices versus Crystal Palace with an emphasis on more traditional food AND characters! I lost him after that... apparently, Swamp People on the History channel is more to his liking than perusing menus. Hmph! :snooty:

As for the Master Plan if you will... I would post our park touring plans for the day but there is nothing certain with us. I just know that our current ADRs are the anchors for our day and looking at how many meals we have planned our day will likely look like this:

Eat...tour for an hour... Eat... tour for an hour, maybe two... nap... Eat... do EMH somewhere. Exciting stuff I tell you! :laughing:

I do plan to go with DH to a waterpark - likely TL - and we also plan to visit DisneyQuest since we've never been to either. Since these are included in our Premier passes we may as well see if they have some hidden gems to add to future plans.

Since we don't have a package booked I don't have the pleasure of getting Mickey Mail but I am looking forward to receiving my DME tags! Hey Disney, I'm almost at 30 days, PLEASE send me my tags so I can do a happy dance! :banana:

And finally.... I decided to upgrade to the Photopass + this trip. And look what came in the mail Friday!!

DSC05959.jpg

Food is usually what is about the only part of planning my husband wants to be involved in... However, since my current employment has him as the bread winner and me as the care giver (I still work PT) I do try to involve him on the expense end, this way if its a surprise its not my fault he didn't listen!! :rotfl: Haha and if we had cable (I got fed up with it a few years ago and canceled it) I bet my husband would be doing all he could to watch swamp people too....

You will have to let me know what you think of photopass plus! I am really excited about getting it and crossing my fingers it is worth it! The stock CD they sent is great though :)

Also - really loving your PTR - you have some great stories going on and I look forward to seeing more!

This cracked me up! Yesterday at lunch I said to DH "I changed a few reservations". He said "Of course you did" then the Blackberry buzzed and that was the end of our Disney discussion! My DS randomly comes in when I'm staring at the computer and says "where are we eating on X day?" I answer him and he says "Do they have steak?" The boy has priorites! :rotfl2:

I can't believe you remembered our ER visit. One of the reasons we're going in December this year - no heat exhaustion!

The story behind your signature pic is awesome! It's amazing how much one CM can make such a huge amount of magic (and it's so cool that someone wanted to take a picture with you!). :goodvibes:

Hi Brenda! So excited to hear about your upcoming trip! Hope you don't mind if I live vicariously through you while i wait forever for November to arrive

Not sure if you have decided on Typhoon Lagoon vs. Blizzard Beach. DH and I visited them both on our honeymoon. We thought that Blizzard Beach had a larger variety of really fun slides than Typhoon Lagoon did, however Typhoon Lagoon has Crush N Gusher which is AWESOME. Basically like a water slide and a roller coaster had a baby. It also has the surf pool, which was a little more action than I like in a pool, and the shark reef, which we didn't get to try. I really don't even know which water park we would pick again, I don't think you can go wrong with either!! Unless of course one of you is interested in plummeting straight down 120 feet at 60 mph and possibly loosing your bathing suit in the process (not my thing personally.. then you should definitely pick Blizzard Beach!

You are a wealth of water park information!! Thank you! Considering I don't want a water wedgie (or worse) perhaps we'll go to TL! :p

By the time I am back from my trip and having major withdrawals I can then live vicariously through YOU! :thumbsup2

Hello from a fellow Californian. When I receive those tags, it makes me so excited :goodvibesI love your dining reviews cannot wait to read more. No Disney trip for us this year due to me being in Nursing school:hyper: But I have a 14 day surprise trip for DS next August. Now I have to plan everything without opening my big mouth:lmao:

Hi there! :wave2: Thanks for stopping by my fellow (Northern) Californian! I see that you will be staying at Boardwalk next year! And for 14 days - how awesome! :cheer2: I know how hard it is to keep a secret when you are sooo excited.

Yay for getting your Mickey Mail!!!! :cool1:

Hahaha planning our ADR's usually ends up being a multi-step process, in no small part based on what's on TV then! :laughing: DH doesn't like Mickey waffles???? :faint: I don't even like waffles THAT much, and they are a trip requirement!!!

You get it!! ::yes::

There are two kinds of people in this world - those that like Mickey waffles and those that don't!!! For those that don't, it's ok, they can't be right about everything! :rotfl: Thanks for stopping by.

I feel your pain on the communication with your DH. Mine doesn't like to get involved in the whole planning thing, preferring to leave it to me and then moan if I don't read his mind and factor in the things he wants to do :rolleyes1 A few years back now, I tried several times to sit down with him and see what parks he wanted to visit on our trip and every time he just kept saying 'You know me, dear, I'm easy. I'll just go where I'm told'. So i plan the itinerary, show it to him a couple fo days before we leave and he says 'What day are we going to Typhoon Lagoon, I don't see it here'

He has, however, been more involved this trip since the first half of our trip was his idea (the Keys and the West Coast of Florida). He has even chosen a restaurant for the Disney part of our trip - yes, for some reason, my dear husband has his heart set on House of Blues. I have no idea why but he has wanted to eat there for ages so this time I have actually made an ADR and we will be having dinner thre one night. It'd better be good or he won't be allowed to have a say in any future trips Ok, that is funny!! :lmao:

Anyway, back to your trip, Brenda. I am so excited to see your luggage tags and ME details. We always rent a car so we don't get any of that and, being DVC members, we don't et Mickey Mail either. Must be exciting to have all that lovely WDW mail. Not long now...

I recall reading about your Florida Keys part of your trip and for my DH that would be a dream! He lived in FL for a period of time and loves the keys. One year I should surprise him and do an add on part of our vacation that is [gasp] not WDW!

I have never eaten at HOB - and we have one right here at our DTD. I should pay attention to their menu and see what they have to offer.

Have a great day! :goodvibes

Food is usually what is about the only part of planning my husband wants to be involved in... However, since my current employment has him as the bread winner and me as the care giver (I still work PT) I do try to involve him on the expense end, this way if its a surprise its not my fault he didn't listen!! :rotfl: Haha and if we had cable (I got fed up with it a few years ago and canceled it) I bet my husband would be doing all he could to watch swamp people too....

You will have to let me know what you think of photopass plus! I am really excited about getting it and crossing my fingers it is worth it! The stock CD they sent is great though

Also - really loving your PTR - you have some great stories going on and I look forward to seeing more!

You are a wise woman - have your DH involved with the budget part of the trip so you can say, you knew about this! ;) Do men really listen though? :confused3 Maybe that is our secret weapon (ok, I'll speak for myself) I can talk my DH's ear off so that he wants to shut me up by saing "ok" to my pleadings. :littleangel:

This cracked me up! Yesterday at lunch I said to DH "I changed a few reservations". He said "Of course you did" then the Blackberry buzzed and that was the end of our Disney discussion! My DS randomly comes in when I'm staring at the computer and says "where are we eating on X day?" I answer him and he says "Do they have steak?" The boy has priorites! :rotfl2:

I can't believe you remembered our ER visit. One of the reasons we're going in December this year - no heat exhaustion!

Ha! l love your DH's response... and then, oh look at the shiny thing! :rotfl: You better watch your DS he may take over your planning!

Yay for December weather. That's one thing I definitely don't like about August - 90 degrees and high humidity. I'm gonna melt! :crazy2:

The story behind your signature pic is awesome! It's amazing how much one CM can make such a huge amount of magic (and it's so cool that someone wanted to take a picture with you!). :goodvibes:

It was definitely a knock your socks off experience!! :upsidedow Two trips ago we started taking photos with CM that provided something special, memorable, unique, etc. and we have a photobook with a note about the CM in it so it is a great way to remember those who have made our trip special!

Thanks for checking in my little DoleWhip friend! :goodvibes

Joining in!

I'm excited to read about your plans. Everything sounds great and I can't wait to read your next set of dining reviews!

Oh, and I love the story about being Grand Marshals in the parade! What a great idea to get pictures with CMs that helped make the trip magical.

I can't believe you are going next month! I can't wait for you food report:goodvibes

I laughed when you said your husband would rather have been watching Swamp People. My boyfriend loves that show.

Yay for Photopass +! I am seriously seriously considering getting that but we aren't really taking a long trip so I don't know if it will be worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter