Prince Charmsalot to Accompany the Damsels This Trip But You Must Pose w/ Princesses

Hi there! I always read your Dining Reviews and love to hear about your adventures! I'll be at WDW from August 15th-28th! :thumbsup2

Great plans so far! Wow, you are very organized. I have all of my stuff together, but I still feel like I'm so far behind that it isn't funny.

I would love the visit your side of the country once. My MIL lives in Victorville and DH is trying to convince me that we need to go there. I'm thinking that maybe we could do it with a side trip to Disneyland. LOL!! Not sure how close they are to each other, but hey it's Disney. LOL!!

Great plans so far!!

Victorville is about an hour and a half from Disneyland (depending on traffic) so it would be doable if you were to spend an entire day in the OC. You should listen to your hubbby! :lmao:

If you didn't do D-land, there is Silverwood Lake and the San Gabriel mountain hiking areas over in the high desert around Victorville. I'm only familiar with some of the restaurants since it is on the way to Vegas! :p

Hi Brenda, as I mentioned before on your last dining review, we are there the same time as you and - by my reckoning - will be in Animal Kingdom the same day (the 27th, right?).

I love the fact that your DH is so well trained he doesn't start eating until you have snapped your picture. Mine is the same now, although he did used to (and still does sometimes) protest. However, I knew we had turned a corner when a couple of years ago, we were waiting on dessert at a restaurant and I had to go to the bathroom. When I came back, the desserts had arrived and everyone was tucking in. I quickly grabbed my camera to try and take pictures of the remains when DH informed me that he had already done it. Good man :thumbsup2

I hope we run into you around WDW in August. And, if not, then I look forward to reading about your adventures when we return (we leave on 30th too).

Hi there! I always read your Dining Reviews and love to hear about your adventures! I'll be at WDW from August 15th-28th! :thumbsup2

Awesome! Are you the famous Kristen (aka one of the world famous frumps?? The frumps pretty much the coolest thing on the Disboards!) I'm so excited to see you comment - and completely honored that you have even read one of my dining reviews!!! :thumbsup2

We'll share in the excitement and anticipation of the countdown - a few less days for you to wait compared to me. But it's all good! :upsidedow

Awesome! Are you the famous Kristen (aka one of the world famous frumps?? The frumps pretty much the coolest thing on the Disboards!) I'm so excited to see you comment - and completely honored that you have even read one of my dining reviews!!! :thumbsup2

We'll share in the excitement and anticipation of the countdown - a few less days for you to wait compared to me. But it's all good! :upsidedow

Hahaha yes I am! Aww thank you so much! You totally just made my day! :hug: I LOVE your dining reviews! You are all such a beautiful family! I hope you have a magical time in August! If you see me, please feel free to say hello! I'll be sure to do the same. :goodvibes

Definitely! The countdown and the anticipation is half the fun! pixiedust:

Thank you for always stopping by my PTR - thought it only fair that I should check yours out too.

Sounds like you've got everything very well thought out, and good thing since your trip is pretty much right around the corner (lucky you).

First Class - woo hoo:cool1:, fun!
Dining - That is a ton of food, we've never considered going DXDP, but looks like you've got the art of appetizers vs meals down pact so you don't over eat.

Can't wait to read more. :thumbsup2

Does anyone have a preference of Typhoon Lagoon versus Blizzard Beach? We’ve never been to either so are not sure which has the more thrilling flumes and slides. Personally said:

Oops ... sorry forgot to answer your question here. I prefer TL over BB. The overall atmosphere at Typhoon Lagoon is much nicer in my opinion. The tropical, deserted island feel really sells me on this park.

I haven't been to either in ages (holding out til we have some kids of our own to take), but I always remember having a much more enjoyable and relaxing time at Typhoon Lagoon.

I'll tell you if there is more leg room in August! :upsidedow Yeah, DH is a little over 6" so any extra room is a plus. I'll add that one to the list! Thanks!QUOTE]

I've never flown first/business on AA but have many times on Delta due to FF miles and upgrades because of DH's status.
Not a whole lot of difference flying domestic when compared to economy seats, but they are larger charis with more leg room.
Of course you hit the best perk..free drinks! LOL!

Flying internationally there is a much, much bigger difference in the seat classes.

First class! Im jealous! That will be so nice on that long flight. I remember when I flew to Ireland I was in the row right behind first class. Now, that was torture!

Hi Brenda, as I mentioned before on your last dining review, we are there the same time as you and - by my reckoning - will be in Animal Kingdom the same day (the 27th, right?).

Yes! We will be in AK at least to about 2pm that day!! We'll have to say hi to you!! :wave2: Seriously!

I love the fact that your DH is so well trained he doesn't start eating until you have snapped your picture. Mine is the same now, although he did used to (and still does sometimes) protest. However, I knew we had turned a corner when a couple of years ago, we were waiting on dessert at a restaurant and I had to go to the bathroom. When I came back, the desserts had arrived and everyone was tucking in. I quickly grabbed my camera to try and take pictures of the remains when DH informed me that he had already done it. Good man :thumbsup2

That's awesome! Your DH is so well trained - what a great guy! On one of our cruises I didn't make it to dinner the first night because I had a migraine so DH took DD to the formal dining room and brought me back photos of their food (before they even took a bite even!) That is my love language!! :goodvibes

I hope we run into you around WDW in August. And, if not, then I look forward to reading about your adventures when we return (we leave on 30th too).
I hope so too!! Maybe I'll PM you and we can see if it works out to stop by and say hi to each other!!!

Oops, I keep missing seeing people post! Sorry, not ignoring you at all! :goodvibes

First class! Im jealous! That will be so nice on that long flight. I remember when I flew to Ireland I was in the row right behind first class. Now, that was torture!

Oh man! So close yet so far with only 1 row away.

Believe me, this won't be a habit to fly that way. Having a ton of FF miles is really why this happened. But then I think how many trips in coach that would be?? :rotfl2:

Hope all is well with the trip planning and "bribery" ;)

Sorry guys, for some reason I didn't see comments before.... again, not ignoring anyone intentionally! :rotfl2:

Oops ... sorry forgot to answer your question here. I prefer TL over BB. The overall atmosphere at Typhoon Lagoon is much nicer in my opinion. The tropical, deserted island feel really sells me on this park.

I haven't been to either in ages (holding out til we have some kids of our own to take), but I always remember having a much more enjoyable and relaxing time at Typhoon Lagoon.

Ohhhh, I want to go to TL then! In reality, I might have to let DH choose since this is more his thing! But I at least wanted some feedback from anyone who was visited either of the waterparks.

Thanks for sharing!

I've never flown first/business on AA but have many times on Delta due to FF miles and upgrades because of DH's status.
Not a whole lot of difference flying domestic when compared to economy seats, but they are larger charis with more leg room.
Of course you hit the best perk..free drinks! LOL!

Flying internationally there is a much, much bigger difference in the seat classes.

Thanks for the info. :)

Ok, dumb question here... can you get a bloody mary or screwdriver during a morning flight?? I'm thinking that if they are going to serve me booze, I want to get something that I would actually drink in the morning. ;) I can't imagine paying 1st class fare for international flights but that would be the way to fly!! :p

Fun pre-trip - looking forward to reading more.
PS - what a great photo in your signature - were you in one of the parades?

Fun pre-trip - looking forward to reading more.
PS - what a great photo in your signature - were you in one of the parades?

Hi Alysa! I remember seeing your PTR and reading about your exciting news about how you are expecting and then being so sad for you about your mum. :sad: She really was beautiful. I thought I commented but I must have been distracted.

Anyhoo....Yes. We were "Grand Marshals" for the Dreams Come True parade. It was the highlight of our trip! I think I'll tell that story in a separate post since I was asked the question a few times elsewhere.

Thanks for stopping by!

Pardon me for the brief non trip related interlude.... However, it is Dis related in a way.

I have a 3 day conference at none other than Disney's Grand Californian Hotel!!!:cool1:

Here's what they served at our afternoon break:
DSC05912.jpg

Mickey crispy treats!! I LOVE these! :lovestruc

Cocktail hour was a little more traditional:
DSC05916.jpg

DSC05914.jpg

Note: I adore cheese and accoutrements! Jabead would have been proud of this spread. The presentation isn't the best since I just piled this on my plate but the honeycomb with the bleu cheese was actually very nice!:upsidedow

DSC05918.jpg

I had to control my urge to leave the conference room and head to the park but I am ever the professional so I sucked it up for the day! :rotfl2: I can't guarantee I will have as much control tomorrow. :p

Since I'm in bragging mode, I may as well share my Disney VIP Tour experience with this same conference. Stay tuned... I need to upload those photos.

In my big girl life (the part that has to work to pay for the vacations and such) I have professional connections that allow for some pretty cool things. Among them was an invitation to participate in a Disneyland VIP Tour that was ahh-mazing!

The tour included Walt's apartment over the firehouse, a tour of the Dream Suite, and champagne on the patio by Club 33. We finished the tour with a VIP front of the line (well, actually, we snuck in the back way) ride on POTC.

Let's start with Walt's apartment.
DSC03992.jpg

This photo has the infamous lamp in the window that is always lit in honor of Walt.
DSC03997.jpg

DSC04011.jpg

DSC04001.jpg

A gift for Lillian
DSC04002.jpg

DSC03999.jpg

Hallway to bathroom and then to the left was a door to the terrace/patio
DSC04009.jpg

Patio overlooking Main Street to the front and Jungle cruise to the rear:
DSC04004.jpg

Beds that double as a couch - they pull out all the way
DSC04012.jpg
This is the couch that I sat on during the tour spiel! :flower3:

Kitchenette: Walt had a hot plate to make grilled cheese. We were given his chili recipe during the tour.
DSC04014.jpg

This is going to need a part II.... Dream Suite photos to follow.

Sorry guys, for some reason I didn't see comments before.... again, not ignoring anyone intentionally! :rotfl2:

Ohhhh, I want to go to TL then! In reality, I might have to let DH choose since this is more his thing! But I at least wanted some feedback from anyone who was visited either of the waterparks.

Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for the info. :)

Ok, dumb question here... can you get a bloody mary or screwdriver during a morning flight?? I'm thinking that if they are going to serve me booze, I want to get something that I would actually drink in the morning. ;) I can't imagine paying 1st class fare for international flights but that would be the way to fly!! :p

Yep! Sure can! :thumbsup2

I always love reading your dining reviews, so I was thrilled to see this one pop up last night when I was browsing Dis.

Your trip plans sound great! Cant wait to start hearing your reviews in a couple months after your trip.

popcorn::

Carrot cake cookie...I WILL try you soon!!

I'm totally and completely jealous of you. Some totally awesome pictures. Can't wait to see more!!

I always love reading your dining reviews, so I was thrilled to see this one pop up last night when I was browsing Dis.

Your trip plans sound great! Cant wait to start hearing your reviews in a couple months after your trip.

popcorn::

Carrot cake cookie...I WILL try you soon!!

Thank you! I actually made a note in my trip planning calendar to remember to skip dessert on one of the days we are at DHS so I can get one of those babies! ::yes::

I'm totally and completely jealous of you. Some totally awesome pictures. Can't wait to see more!!

Thanks! I'm going to post part II now. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter