Prince Charming takes his Princesses to Disney World~Updated 6/7 with ADR's

It has been a while since I last gave an update and for that I apologize. Things have been crazy around here.

Last Friday I had to have a small follow up procedure done (everything is good :thumbsup2). I had to schedule toe surgery for Paige...she has a condition called hammer (curley) toe and has to have a tendon cut on each foot. This is scheduled for July...the week we were going to visit friends we met on our Disney cruise last November. I am not looking forward to this at all. :sad1: In fact we are not telling Paige about b/c she will get upset that someone is going to cut her toes. :scared: It should be a pretty quick procedure but we will find out if it is a tendon issue or if there is an actual bone deformity on the one foot...if it is a bone deformity then there will major surgery on the toe in a couple of years...right now her bones are to small to perform that procedure. I going to give myself a little pixie dust pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust: (ok, maybe alot!!) that it will just be the tendon.

I did buy us all "matching" Wall*E shirts from the Disney Store last week. They are matching in that they all say the same thing but mine is pink, Rod's is blue, and Paige's is white. I am hoping to put something on the back of them just for fun...we'll see what I come up with. If I do anything, I will be sure to post pics of them. :thumbsup2

I have been reading lots here on the Disboards about making a touring plan...I am pretty mixed on this. On one hand, it would be nice to have my days planned but on the other hand, with a 4 year old, I know that even the best plans get pushed to the side. With that in mind, I have decided to "wing" it. Other than our ts meals, daily naps, and swims nothing else is set in stone. We will probably make it to most of the parks for the EMH and leave around lunch to eat, swim, and nap. After that, we will head back to a park but this is my "take it easy don't try to do it" all trip. ;) I am just so excited to be going!! :banana:

That is all I have for today, so until next time...happy reading.

I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend...it was absolutely beautiful here...sunny and in the mid 80's!! :banana: We did some work in the yard and went to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway (where the Indy 500 and the Brickyard 400 are ran) for a fundraiser called the Mutt Strut. :dog: It is a fundraiser for our local Humane Society.

The only drawback, and it is a big one, is on saturday we decided to change out the thermastat in our house to a programable one. As soon as it was changed, the A/C quite working! :headache: My dad was here and he couldn't figure out what was wrong either. UGH!! We figured that we would have to call someone today to come look at it, the problem was we were not sure if it was the unit or an electrical problem. Since this all happened Saturday night, I refused to pay for an emergency visit. So, last night, during dinner, Rod decides to take one last look at the unit before deciding to call someone. He pulls out a fuse and asks me what I think...I say "it looks like it has a burn spot on it". Could that be the problem??? A simple little $0.50 item??? Our luck could not be that good.:bitelip: So after eating, we take a trip to Walmart...about the only place still open that would carry those itty bitty fuses...we get home, plug it in and guess what!?!?!? It works!!! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2: Yes, the little, itty bitty $0.50 fuse had blown and yes, we have air!! My honey totally rocks! :love:

I have been reading the DIS like crazy today, trying to get tips and ideas to use when we go...I have gotten some really good ones. I am writing them all down otherwise I will forget them. :lmao: I just need to remember that vacations are supposed to be fun, not work...otherwise we would never take them. :thumbsup2

That is all for tonight, so until next time...happy reading.

I'm here, I'm reading, and I'm living vicariously through your WDW plans!:yay:

Glad to have you. If you are still my coupon buddy come September, you may a little something something in your envelope...:rolleyes1

I need lots of luck for this weekend...I am doing my first mini marathon...the Indianapolis 500 Festival Mini Marathon. :scared: I am not exactly running...more like walking. :lmao: I think to run it you a.) have to like running and b.) start training long before the week of the event. :rotfl2: Since the first does not apply and the second does...walking I will be. :laughing: My goal is to just finish the 13.1 miles and not need to catch a ride on the "Back of the Pack" bus...yes that is the bus that picks up people that are not maintaining the required 18 minute mile. :faint: So, while all of you are enjoying a beautiful day (hopefully you will have great weather) just send me some pixie dust and a mental wish that I finish the race. I think if I get enough good vibes I will be good to go so thank you in advance. :hug:

My family will not be there as Rod is on swimming duty. Paige has lessons every Saturday morning and since I will be busy, he is taking over. It looks like I will be giving Paige a bath once I get home...that is after I have had my looong shower and use up all the hot water. :rotfl:

I will try to let you all know how I did on Saturday but if I am way to pooped, it will have to wait until Sunday...think you can hold out that long??? ;)

So...until next time, happy reading.

Good luck on your mini marathon! :cheer2: (I walked 2 1/2 miles tonight at a walkathon at my daughter's school and I was tired...can't imagine 13.1 miles!)

Yes, I survived my 13.1 mile half marathon...my first ever!! :woohoo: I know I said I would try to update by Sunday with how I did but I was soooo sore, it was awful. :sad2: I am finally feeling like I can walk and not hurt. :thumbsup2

Unfortunately there are no pics to post except for my bib and medal. But the medal is proof that I finished. :yay:

P1020222.jpg

P1020220.jpg

I did not want to carry the camera with me and Rod didn't stay...I really didn't think Paige would want to hang out for over 3 hours. :rotfl: Rod did ask if I was going to do it again next year...and I said "YES!!" As hard as it was and as much as I hurt afterward, I feel really good about it and feel like I accomplished something huge. My goal was twofold...first I wanted to finish it and secondly I wanted to average a 15 minute mile. Here are my split times and results... I walked the first 5 miles in 1:07:42, mile 10 mile split was 2:23:04 (I had slowed down alot between mile 8 and 10 and was seriously considering giving up :sad2:), my final time was 3:10:21. This made my average mile 14:32...I definitely accomplished both goals.:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

I do have an update on our vacation...I bought tickets for MNSSHP for the 11th. :banana: We did this last year on Halloween the night before our cruise and Paige had an absolute blast. I am really excited about doing it again. There are a couple of things we will differently this year. Last year we ate at Liberty Tree (it still had the character meal) and Paige visited BBB. I know we are not going to have a table service for dinner that night and probably won't do BBB either. I may buy some stuff and do her hair, make-up, and nails for her...it would be a heck of a lot cheaper that way!:thumbsup2

I am still waiting on my 90 day mark so I can make my ADR's...less than 4 weeks to go for that. :cheer2: the good news is that I have nailed down my meals and times...now I just need to make sure I get them. :lmao: Isn't that the hard part? ;)

Well that is all for tonight...as always...until next time, happy reading.

Congrats! Way to go on the half marathon!:woohoo:

Thanks! I am actually totally pain free today. :cool1: I started feeling much better Tuesday afternoon and it has just gotten better every day. :thumbsup2 In fact, I mowed the grass tonight to make sure...it won't help my allergies but at least I know that I can do it. :lmao:

The funny thing is that I have asked Rod if I can do the Disney Princess half marathon in March. He looked at me like I was crazy...the look got worse when I told him I wanted to sign up to do another half marathon in October. :rotfl2: I think I have gotten bit by the half marathon bug. ;)

This time I have a plan...it is called training. I think if I start now, I should be able to get my time down to a 13:30 mile. That would be shaving a full minute off but I figure with some (lots!!) of training it is possible. :thumbsup2

Rod and I are going back and forth over taking Paige to BBB this year. He wants to take her I think taking her to the barbershop at MK would be fine...this decision is being tabled until a later date...that way I don't loose my mind. :rotfl2:

To all my fellow mothers (including those whose children are of a non-human species) Happy Mother's Day!! :flower3: I hope it brings you lots of joy and happiness.

So, until next time...happy reading!

Oh yeah, one more thing...my countdown no longer shows 4 months!! :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Just wanted to give a quick update...I ordered our MNSSHP tickets a week ago and guess what was in the mail today....that's right our party tickets!!! :banana::banana::banana::banana: Can you say EXCITED??? :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Really that is all I wanted to share, sad I know but every little thing counts. :thumbsup2

Please feel free to share anything you think I could use on our trip...if you have any special requests, like asking me to ride a certain ride for you...just ask, I am game...well with one major exception. I do not, repeat, DO NOT ride the teacups...:sick: that would not make for a very fun vacation. :scared:

Until next time, happy reading.

Sorry about the lack of updates...work has been crazy and when I do get a chance to sign on to the Dis it is usually for some quick reading and a quick post here and there...unfortunately my updating has suffered.:sad2:

I finally got Paige to go to sleep around 10:00 tonight. We are "camping" in the living room...meaning I inflated the queen size air matress...I don't sleep on floors. :rotfl2: We were going to sleep in the tent out back (using previously mentioned air mattress) but since Rod went to the movie we decided to stay inside. I am to much of a chicken to sleep in the tent if he isn't home, plus what am I going to do out there in the dark with him gone and Paige asleep??? :confused: So, we are camping inside tonight. :thumbsup2 Plus if we stay inside, I can give an update while watching the replay of the Indy 500. I am not a huge fan but thought I would give it a whirl. (Since I live in Indy I don't get to watch it live, so I find out who wins and then watch parts of it later that evening.)

I actually have a HUGE update for everone. I e-mailed my TA on Thursday and asked her to go ahead and pay off our vacation. We have the money and decided that it didn't matter if we paid it off now or 45 days from now. :thumbsup2

Two weeks from today I get to make my ADR's. I am so excited. My trip is coming together and I can barely contain myself. :banana::banana::banana: It is getting harder to keep it from Paige but she is still in the dark...thank goodness. :goodvibes I am slowing picking up things we will need a little at a time. I am going to order a "dog" tag, think from PetSmart, for Paige. I have this huge fear that she will wonder off and get lost. She did this to us at Meijer and we found her but it TERRIFIES :scared1: me that it will happen there. So I am going to make one of these with her name and my and Rod's cell phone numbers on it just in case she does get lost. That way if someone finds her they can call us. I am going to show her it before we go and tell her that if we ever get seperated, even if at the grocery store, to find someone with a name tag on and ask them to call her mommy or daddy. Hopefully we won't have to use it but better safe than sorry.

I think that is all I have for updates, so until next time, happy reading.

So, today started out really good, Paige slept until 7:00 am :banana::banana: (this is considered sleeping in late in our house :rotfl2:). She went to swim class, the last one until this fall, and did an amazing job. I was so proud of her.

She did so well that we took her to see the new Disney cartoon "UP". It was really cute but that is when our day started to take a down turn. I noticed that Paige was coughing...alot. Which shouldn't be a big deal. The problem is that a little boy at daycare was out all last week with a cough and a fever and a little girl had the cough the week before. I kept checking Paige's temperature all afternoon and evening. At last check, about 60 minutes ago, she has a low grade temp, just over 100. :faint: I am hoping the fever breaks tomorrow...I hate it when she is sick. I usually feel so helpless. :sad2:

To top the day off, the storms that were predicted for today are finally making an appearance. I just hope Paige believes my explanation for thunder and lightening. I told her that thunder was God, Jesus, and all the angels bowling and lightening is when they get a strike. :thumbsup2 I think my mom told me that as a child. :)

The other day I started looking at menus for the different ts restaraunts Disney has to offer. I should never have done that as I now think I am going to change some of my ADR's I was thinking about. :headache: I made 2 lists...one that are my must do's and one that are optional. I figured I better have a back up plan in case the one's I am leaning towards are not available. So here are what are on my lists:

Must do: Le Cellier (for Rod and Paige as I do not eat steak)
Supercalifragilistic bf at Grand Floridian (for Paige...well me too ;))
Princess Lunch at Akerhus (mainly for Paige, hoping Ariel will be there)
Spirit of Aloha

Optionals: Chef Mickey, Garden Grill, Crystal Palace, Cinderella's Happily Ever After at the GF, Biergarten, and 50's Prime Time Cafe.

We will probably end up with all character meals (except for Le Cellier) only because Paige will enjoy it more. I am really leaning towards dinner with Cinderella only because Lady Tremain and the stepsisters will be there. I guess it all depends on what is available when I call...next Sunday. I can not believe it is almost here!!! :dance3: I wish that the online reservation system for ADR's was open to the general public...I think that would make it a bit easier but either way, 7:00 Sunday morning can not get here fast enough.

Hopefully this week I will get the pics from Paige's last Ballet class posted. She was so cute, as were all the little girls. We have discovered that Paige loves :lovestruc the camera. It was actually pretty funny watching her.

Well, that is all I have for tonight, so until next time, happy reading.

Hi, I'm reading! We're also from Indy (well, Greenwood) and we'll be there the same time as you (9/7-9/14). I can't wait to keep reading your plans. My DH ran the mini a few years ago, and I have been thinking of walking next year. I don't run. Well, maybe if a bear was chasing me, but definitely not for fun!

Hi, I'm reading! We're also from Indy (well, Greenwood) and we'll be there the same time as you (9/7-9/14). I can't wait to keep reading your plans. My DH ran the mini a few years ago, and I have been thinking of walking next year. I don't run. Well, maybe if a bear was chasing me, but definitely not for fun!

We are southsiders as well. When we first moved to Indy we lived in an apartment in Greenwood. Looks like we are neighbors of sort. :thumbsup2

I didn't run the mini by any means...I did walk it pretty fast in the beginning but finished pretty slow. I am definitely going to do it again b/c although I hurt when I was done, I also felt really good that I had accomplished something I wanted to do. :banana:

I just have to tell eveyone that I am sooo excited about Sunday. I have revamped my ts meals...AGAIN!!! I think Biergarten is out as a choice but Cape May Clam Bake dinner thing is in. Rod really loves seafood so again, I may take one for the team. I liked what was on the kids menu and the desserts sounded really good.:rotfl2: I will make sure that I update Sunday with my ADR's. I was hoping that I could make them on-line but I don't think that is up and running for us guests yet, only TA's at this point...bummer.

I still haven't uploaded Paige's ballet pics but will try to do that this weekend so I can post some on Sunday. I am going to let you all know now that she loves the camera so don't expect alot of serious pics. I think she gets that from her dad...:rolleyes1

That is all for tonight...so until next time, happy reading.

I just have to tell eveyone that I am sooo excited about Sunday. I have revamped my ts meals...AGAIN!!!

:rotfl: I swear, half the reason I look forward to my ADR date is so I can shut off the part of my brain that is constantly tweaking and rearranging and second guessing our dining plans! Its nice to see I'm not the only one. :goodvibes

:rotfl: I swear, half the reason I look forward to my ADR date is so I can shut off the part of my brain that is constantly tweaking and rearranging and second guessing our dining plans! Its nice to see I'm not the only one. :goodvibes

I know!! My fear is that once I have them all set and made, I will change my mind. :scared1: Will it ever end????? :lmao: Just over 33 hours to go and I get to hit the phones. By the time I crawl out of bed tomorrow it will be 1 day to go until ADR time! :banana::banana:

I just have to tell eveyone that I am sooo excited about Sunday. I have revamped my ts meals...AGAIN!!! I think Biergarten is out as a choice but Cape May Clam Bake dinner thing is in. Rod really loves seafood so again, I may take one for the team. I liked what was on the kids menu and the desserts sounded really good.:rotfl2: I will make sure that I update Sunday with my ADR's. I was hoping that I could make them on-line but I don't think that is up and running for us guests yet, only TA's at this point...bummer.

I think we are finally decided on CMC as well. It sounds good and seems to get pretty good reviews on here. I do like seafood, but not mussels and clams-yuck! I'm hoping they still have crab legs in September. I love those and could eat a ton! I hear you on just wanting to make the ADRs and be done. Especially now with all the hoopla on the restaurant board about whether there's a bias built into the computer system, it is just totally freaking me out. I want to be done, and move on to the fun stuff like what we're doing at each park and making t-shirts!

how obsessed we have become over making ADR's?? :rotfl: Rod could pretty much care less where we eat as long as we get Le Cellier...but what about Paige and I??? ;) For us it is all about the characters....the princesses, mickey and the gang, and everyone else. :thumbsup2

We are less than 18 hours away from dial in time...I am going to have to make up my mind in the next couple of hours because we will be at Victory Field tonight for the celebrity softball game to benefit the make a wish foundation. Definitely taking my camera for all those "celebrity" sightings. ;)

how obsessed we have become over making ADR's?? :rotfl: Rod could pretty much care less where we eat as long as we get Le Cellier...but what about Paige and I??? ;) For us it is all about the characters....the princesses, mickey and the gang, and everyone else. :thumbsup2

We are less than 18 hours away from dial in time...I am going to have to make up my mind in the next couple of hours because we will be at Victory Field tonight for the celebrity softball game to benefit the make a wish foundation. Definitely taking my camera for all those "celebrity" sightings. ;)

I know, I think I will be a much calmer, happier person once ADRs are done. And the worst part is that I am the only one in our group who has done any research or planning, so no one care what we get besides me!

Have fun at the game! We haven't been to an Indians game yet, but I hear the park is really nice. I think we might try to go later this summer. I'm dying to see who the "celebrities" are-Indy has a sad definition of that word!!

I know, I think I will be a much calmer, happier person once ADRs are done. And the worst part is that I am the only one in our group who has done any research or planning, so no one care what we get besides me!

Have fun at the game! We haven't been to an Indians game yet, but I hear the park is really nice. I think we might try to go later this summer. I'm dying to see who the "celebrities" are-Indy has a sad definition of that word!!

I was wondering if I would even know any of the celebrities when Rod told me we were going. I had the same thought you did. LOL! I think most of the Colts players were there including Payton, Bob Sanders, Dwight Freeny, Reggie Wayne and Robert Matthis. Carlos Diaz was there but I think he does alot in Indy. Roy Hibbert from the Pacers was there. I got some good pics that I will try to post tomorrow.

I better hit the hay if I am gonna make it up by 7 to start my dialing. :)

OK, I did not make it up in time to call at 7:00 this morning. I actually did not call until around 8:00 and I thought "oh no, I am going to be on hold for an hour like other people have been!" :faint: Plus, I am still trying to keep this a secret from Paige so I have to be very secretive about what I am doing. ;) The good news is twofold. I was only on hold for 6 minutes (I had cinnamon rolls in the oven so I checked the timer when I called and when they answered :goodvibes). Secondly, I was able to get all the ADR's that I wanted. :yay::yay::woohoo::woohoo::dance3::banana::banana: Can you tell I am excited???

Anyway, here is what I booked...

9/5 (Arrival date) Spirit of Aloha ~ 5:15 show
9/6 Lunch at Le Cellier (Rod is going to be sooo excited)
9/7 Lunch at Akerhus w/the Princesses (hoping Ariel will be there but still excited)
9/8 breakfast at 1900 Park Fare - usually has Alice and some others
9/9 dinner at 1900 Park Fare (Cinderella's Happilly Ever Ater)
9/10 Dinner at Cape May Cafe (the clam bake)

Also, since we booked thru AAA, I was able to book their Disney Story Time experience. We have never done this so I am really excited. We do this on Monday (Labor Day) at 4:30. It is done at the Town Square Exhibition Hall at the Magic Kingdom.

We have already bought our Halloween party tickets for Friday the 11th so that will be the last big thing we do. I am so excited because all my plans are falling into place. :yay::yay::yay::yay:

Until next time, happy reading.

Also, my countdown says less than 3 months...can I get a woot!! :dance3::dance3::dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter