Prince Charming takes his Princesses to Disney World~Updated 6/7 with ADR's

My TA called yesterday to let me know that our "tickets" for our September trip were in and that I could stop by whenever to pick them up. She knows this is a surprise trip for Paige so she was using code words. :lmao: Today was the only day I could pick them up on my lunch hour (no way I was going to stop by when I had Paige!) and of course today is the day that it stormed! :headache: I am not talking just rain, I am talking roads flooding, high winds, some hail...all in all a yucky day. But that is okay because I picked up my ME stuff and the booklet from AAA that has our coupons and vouchers in it. I will suffer thru anything to pick that up....well just about anything. :rotfl2:

Unfortunately, with the storm came a migraine...happens everytime. So it is going to be an early night in bed with a cold, wet rag on my forehead. Ahhh, I can feel the relief just thinking about it. :thumbsup2

Paige went back to her surgeon last week to get her stitches out and we got some not so promising news. The doctor took one look at her toes while she was standing and said that she may have a bone deformity after all...WHAT?!!?! :scared1: We go back for another check up right before vacation but I have a feeling we will be going every year. I am hoping and praying she will not need the additional surgery as I know it will be very painful. My mom had the surgery a few years ago and she said it was extremely painful and my mom has the highest pain tolerance level of anyone I know. When we got home that night, I just wanted to sit in bed and cry because I don't want her to have to go thru that. I would take her place if I could. :(

Anyway, to end on a happy note, I am only 32 days out! :banana::banana::banana::banana: So until next time, happy reading.

Poor Paige and Paige's toes! Here's hoping for no more surgery...

Yay 32 days!!:yay:

Hi, just checking in! Glad to hear Paige's surgery went well, but bummer that it may be a bone thing after all! I'm so excited for you that your trip stuff is ready...not just for you, but because that means our must be coming soon, lol!!

How is the planning going? Anything left to buy or do? My big obsession right now is making shirts. I have all the designs ready, I'm just trying to hammer out getting shirts small enough for my little guy.

And, man that rain was awful today, wasn't it? We went to the Children's Museum this morning and it was terrifying driving there and home. Then every road around our subdivision was flooded. I ended up driving through a questionable amount of water because I had no other option to get home. It sucked!

Poor Paige and Paige's toes! Here's hoping for no more surgery...

Yay 32 days!!:yay:

Thanks....I am just keeping my fingers crossed.

Hi, just checking in! Glad to hear Paige's surgery went well, but bummer that it may be a bone thing after all! I'm so excited for you that your trip stuff is ready...not just for you, but because that means our must be coming soon, lol!!

How is the planning going? Anything left to buy or do? My big obsession right now is making shirts. I have all the designs ready, I'm just trying to hammer out getting shirts small enough for my little guy.

planning you ask....um...was I suppossed to plan??? :lmao: Just kidding. My planning has gone as far as making a packing list, ADR's, and BBB appt, beyond that I have nothing. :scared1: I am taking that attitude this trip that if we miss some things I am just going to have to live with it, or convince Rod we need to do another trip. :thumbsup2

Well, Rod just got home from work and it is time to go out to dinner...yeah food! :goodvibes

Until next time, happy reading.

Some of you may remember that I walked (I don't run :lmao:) the Indianapolis 500 festival mini marathon in May and afterwards talked about doing another half marathon this fall. Well, I did it, I signed up for the Ft. Harrison half marathon. :scared1: It is in October, the 16th I think - whatever that Saturday is. This time I am going to train prior to the event....that means lots of walking in the evenings once Rod gets home from work. I am hoping that if I can get a few under my belt, Rod will be more willing to agree to my doing the Princess half marathon....one can hope. ;)

That is all I have for tonight, so until next time, happy reading.

Hi just joining in. Love your report. I too am a non-loving runner, but for some reason I keep doing it anyway. I have done 3 5k's so far beginning last oct. I am thinking of doing the 1/2 marathon in our area next april but am still unsure. I too hate running never liked it and probably never will. The part I love is being done and knowing you accompished something on your own. Once you have kids you dont get much done on your own anymore (as I am sure you would agree) so I guess thats what keeps me running. I too am the crunch time trainer. I usually will start running/walking everyday about 1-2 weeks before the race. My best time so far was 35 minutes. I am signed up to do a womens only 5k in october and my goal is 32 minutes. I guess I should start running soon. :laughing: Well I will be following your updates. We go 9-20 to 9-26 and I cant wait. We are also doing MNSSHP. Any tips would be appreciated.

Your ticker is at less than a month! Woo hoo!! :woohoo:

Good for you on the half marathon. Hmmm....another excuse to push for a Disney trip...Princess half marathon...maybe I need to start doing half marathons too! I used to be a runner back in the day (oy, college was a long time ago, and that's the last time I ran seriously) but now am more of a walker. I walk 2 miles a day most of the year (winter in New England is freezing, and I prefer to walk outside as opposed to a treadmill or something like that), but I've never really thought about running again.

Hi just joining in. Love your report. I too am a non-loving runner, but for some reason I keep doing it anyway. I have done 3 5k's so far beginning last oct. I am thinking of doing the 1/2 marathon in our area next april but am still unsure. I too hate running never liked it and probably never will. The part I love is being done and knowing you accompished something on your own. Once you have kids you dont get much done on your own anymore (as I am sure you would agree) so I guess thats what keeps me running. I too am the crunch time trainer. I usually will start running/walking everyday about 1-2 weeks before the race. My best time so far was 35 minutes. I am signed up to do a womens only 5k in october and my goal is 32 minutes. I guess I should start running soon. :laughing: Well I will be following your updates. We go 9-20 to 9-26 and I cant wait. We are also doing MNSSHP. Any tips would be appreciated.

:welcome: Glad you joined in. I have never enjoyed running but I really like to walk....it is my time to just get away. :thumbsup2 Since Rod doesn't do the 1/2 marathons it is a good time to just think...and argue with myself in my head. :lmao: I did that alot with the first one. I haven't done a 5k in years...I think I walked one as part of a fundraiser but other than that nothing. I think you can do it in 32 minutes, just keeping thinking positive thoughts. :)

This will be our 2nd halloween party, we did the first one last year on halloween and had fun. This year we plan to enjoy some of the other fun things and not so much the rides. I am going to try to get more pictures with the characters this year. One thing I would definitely not miss is the parade. Before it starts the headless horseman rides down the route....that was really cool! If I think of any more, I will let you know.

Your ticker is at less than a month! Woo hoo!! :woohoo:

Good for you on the half marathon. Hmmm....another excuse to push for a Disney trip...Princess half marathon...maybe I need to start doing half marathons too! I used to be a runner back in the day (oy, college was a long time ago, and that's the last time I ran seriously) but now am more of a walker. I walk 2 miles a day most of the year (winter in New England is freezing, and I prefer to walk outside as opposed to a treadmill or something like that), but I've never really thought about running again.

I know!!! Less than a month to go. I caught myself at work today staring at the calendar and trying to decide if it was worth figuring out how many working hours I had left. :rotfl2: Boy do I need this vacation. :rotfl:

I say any excuse you can come up with to go to Disney is a good one in my book...obviously since I am walking 13.1 miles to get there. :rolleyes1 I like to walk outside as well....in fact we sold our treadmill earlier this year b/c I never really used it. I had intended to but that didn't happen. Oh well....

I have pulled out 2 of our carryons, I just need to pull the other one out and decide which bag we are going to check. I think that once I have figured that out, I am going to start packing some stuff. Wow, it really is getting close if I am actually thinking about packing already. ;)

Need to go, life :-)laundy:) is calling. Until next time, happy reading.

Sorry for the long time between updates. Things have been a bit crazy around here. I feel like all I have done the past couple of weeks (and extending into next week) is go to the doctor. :headache: Went back to have my asthma checked out...yep it is still there. Still on Asthmanex every day and albuterol as needed. Boy will I be glad when the weather turns cool for good and my allergies quick causing me problems. ;)

So this past Friday I go see an oral surgeon about a fibroma in my mouth. I did not think it was all that big but my dentist noticed that it has gotten bigger so he suggested I get it removed. Here comes the good part...I show the nurse and she says (and I quote) "Oh my that is huge. It has its own zip code." What?!?!?! Then in comes the surgeon and he says (and I quote yet again :rotfl2:) "Wow, that is huge! It has its own address." In my head I am thinking "Wow it got smaller...it went from having its own zip code to just an address." :lmao: He tells me that he can take it out that day...so, being the smart intelligent woman that I am :rolleyes:, I agree. So now I have 3...make that 2 as 1 came out today...stitches on the inside of my cheek. At least it will be all healed by the time we go to Disney. :thumbsup2

I have been a pretty busy girl in the getting-ready-for-our-trip department as well. I went to Meijer on Sunday and found a Hannah Montana pix-click (kids digital camera). It was originally $50 and I got it for $15!!! :woohoo::woohoo: I am going to check it out tonight and if it works, we are going to give it to Paige to use while on vacation. She will absolutely love :love: it! Talk about being a big girl. :thumbsup2 My big project I have put on myself is making Paige's autograph book instead of buying one. I saw one done by mouse skywalker (I think that is his screen name) and thought it was really cute. So now I am doing my first, and last, project for this trip. ;)

That is all I have for tonight, I need to get back to work on the autograph book and try out the camera before I go to bed. Until next time, happy reading.

great find on the camera. I hope it works well. she will be so excited. What more can a girl ask for a surprise trip to disney and a camera to use while your there.:yay:

At least you got your mouth situation all taken care of in plenty of time. Those are some blatently honest doctors and nurses ya went to huh. I hope you have a quick and easy healing!

I cant wait to see pics of your autograph book. Make sure you post some. Gosh your trip is right around the corner. You must be jumping with excitement. I dont know how you are keeping the secret. Thats awesome.

I am sooo not crafty enough to make my own autograph book. By the time we get back to WDW my girls will be too old for autographs I suppose...they're 12 and 10 now. (The 12 year old being of the eye rolling "you are so uncool, mom" genre) The 10 year old loved getting autographs when we went a year and a half ago.

great find on the camera. I hope it works well. she will be so excited. What more can a girl ask for a surprise trip to disney and a camera to use while your there.:yay:

At least you got your mouth situation all taken care of in plenty of time. Those are some blatently honest doctors and nurses ya went to huh. I hope you have a quick and easy healing!

I cant wait to see pics of your autograph book. Make sure you post some. Gosh your trip is right around the corner. You must be jumping with excitement. I dont know how you are keeping the secret. Thats awesome.

I tried the camera out the other night and it seems to work. Not the best but it will work for her. After all if she breaks it I am only out $15. I am good with that. :thumbsup2

I am hoping to finish the autograph book up this weekend. If I do, I will try to take pictures and post them. I just hope it turns out as good as I am picturing it. :goodvibes

I am sooo not crafty enough to make my own autograph book. By the time we get back to WDW my girls will be too old for autographs I suppose...they're 12 and 10 now. (The 12 year old being of the eye rolling "you are so uncool, mom" genre) The 10 year old loved getting autographs when we went a year and a half ago.

I did not think I was crafty enough either but it looked pretty easy and so far it has been. The hardest part has been trying to determine with characters I think she will see and which ones she won't. I think I am going to make a few "mousellaneous" :lmao: pages for those that she sees but don't have their own page.

I am hoping that she never hits the "you are such an uncool mom" stage...but alas that is just wishful thinking. :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I bought some disposable ponchas this afternoon at Walmart to take with us. I only paid $0.44 for each of them so if I toss them after 1 use no big deal. One of the few things left on my to buy list are snacks. I think I am going to pick up some granola bars and fruit snacks. I figured with our luck we would be in line for a ride and Paige will be oh so hungry. With snacks in the backpack I will be the best mommy ever!! :woohoo::woohoo: At least that is the plan. :)

Well that is all for tonight, as always, until next time, happy reading.

Before we get to the autograph book, I just want to say....12 more days until Disney!!!! :yay::woohoo::banana::banana::woohoo::yay:

Yep, I am not excited at all! :lmao: Just think 2 days from now I will be back here on the computer checking in....:scared1: I can hardly believe that I am this close and Paige still doesn't have a clue we are going. Now she did have a dream about a month ago in which she dreamt about being on a "hairplane". When Rod asked her where she was going she said "Disney World Daddy!" Either my daughter is psychic or she really wants to go. :lmao: I am hoping it is the latter but if she is psychic, she better start telling me the winning lottery numbers. :rotfl:

Ok, now for what you have all been waiting for...drum roll please....I now present to you Paige's autograph book...

P1020382.jpg

Sorry about it being sideways, I couldn't figure out how to rotate it.

P1020383.jpg

There are about 48 of these pages (with characters on them). I tried to guess at what characters we were most likely to see and made pages for them. Some (like the Cinderella's stepsisters and Lady Tremain) share a page but most of them have their own.

P1020385.jpg

Then there are 12 pages (total of 24 sides) that look like this. I know that we will see characters that don't have their own page so I added some blank ones for her.

I did get this idea from Mouse Skywalker. I just checked his blog (was going to try to add his link here) so you could see my inspiration but his pictures are not showing. Even though I used his idea, his books are waaaaay better than mine. I just hope Paige likes it. :goodvibes

That is all for tonight, until next time, happy reading.

I am officially doing the single digit dance...and it looks amazingly like the "white girls can't dance" dance. :lmao: I woke up this morning and my first thought was "I will be in Disney World in 9 days!!" :banana::banana::banana:

I was able to check in on-line yesterday. I was so excited about doing that. It makes everything so real! I am not sure why I was so gung ho on checking in on-line, we will probably get to the hotel around 10:00 am, not really sure that the check in area will be all that busy. :confused3 But hey, I am one step closer to my happy place. :thumbsup2

I was reading another thread where people were talking about how busy it is down there lately. :scared1: I sure hope all those people will be leaving soon so I have some quiet time at the parks. :lmao:

I have a mission to complete while on vacation. A friend of mine likes Aladdin so I told him I would try to find something to bring back to him that involved Aladdin. Then it came to me...I am going to have my picture taken with him (it has to be just me and Aladdin) then I am going to buy a frame to put it in so my friend can put it on his desk at work. :goodvibes That is the kind of friend I am. ;)

That is all for tonight, so until next time, happy reading.

at this exact time, I will be on an airplane going to Disney World!!! :woohoo::woohoo::banana::banana::yay::yay::dance3::dance3:

Now, I just need to get my rear end in gear and get everything ready. :laughing: It is a good thing I am taking next Friday off to pack, otherwise nothing would get done and I would be up packing and not get any sleep. :faint:

That is all I have for now, until next time, happy reading.

5 DAYS!!!

So, are you a person that packs everything just in case you need it, or do you pack more conservatively? Last time we went to WDW I took everything but the kitchen sink, and used only 2/3 of it.

Enjoy your packing and hope you get some sleep too!!

5 DAYS!!!

So, are you a person that packs everything just in case you need it, or do you pack more conservatively? Last time we went to WDW I took everything but the kitchen sink, and used only 2/3 of it.

Enjoy your packing and hope you get some sleep too!!

It is so close I can almost taste it. :goodvibes I used to over pack to the extreme! It was crazy. Now not so much. Since Paige still needs her naps and Rod likes midday snooze as well, I will pack for about 4 days and do laundry at the hotel. This year I discovered those Purex 3 in 1 sheets. I tried some out here first and they do a good job. Since it contains the detergent, fabric softner, and dryer sheet all in 1 sheet, it takes up less room.

We had a big scare this weekend. On Saturday, Paige was playing on her swing set. We have one of those wood ones that has a fort with a slide on one side and swings on the other. Well, Saturday evening we were outside. I was trying to build a fire in our fire pit and Paige was playing on her slide. All of a sudden, I heard a noise but assumed it came from one of the neighbor kids. Suddenly Paige starts crying and coming towards me from the back side of the swing set. She had fallen from the window on the tall part of the fort! :scared1: I almost had a heart attack when she told me what happened. :faint: Thankfully she was fine, in fact she did not have 1 single bump, bruise, or cut. God was definitely there to catch her! :) Of course, once I calmed down, I thought to myself "good thing she did not break a bone, it would be terrible to go to Disney with a broken leg or arm..." of course I eventually got to that point! :rotfl2:

One last thing before I sign off for the night, I am shocked that I haven't yet spilled the beans! It must be because I can talk about it here until my heart is content. :thumbsup2

Until next time (if I make another one prior to leaving), happy reading.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter