Priceline Bids/results

Glad this was bumped. We will need one night hotel only before checking into POR the next day. Now I have an idea of what a good rate will be and might try priceline for the first time.

I have to say I was pretty unsure going into this, but I have researched almost every hotel in the area that I chose, so I felt like I couldn't go wrong. And I had read a previous message here saying that you couldn't go wrong choosing a 3 to 3.5 star in the DTD area, so I took the plunge and I am happy I did.

No kidding. I'll be pleased if we get something like you did! That is exactly property type/location I'm looking for.

It isn't worth the few bucks you save to use a 3rd party. Been there done that. If you are particular book :surfweb: your own travel and you will know what you are getting w/o the surprises. After all it's a vacation.
It's too risky.............................

It isn't worth the few bucks you save to use a 3rd party. Been there done that. If you are particular book :surfweb: your own travel and you will know what you are getting w/o the surprises. After all it's a vacation.
It's too risky.............................

I thought it would be a bit risky, but I put in the area that I knew had nicer, cleaner hotels, which I had been researching a few days prior and I am very happy with what I got. It's only for 1 night, so even if it isn't the best, we are moving to a Disney resort early the next morning. I wouldn't do it for a one week stay, because we just don't stay offsite.

I think the "risk" is booking a 3* (or 2.5*) property. An increasing number of properties are charging for guest parking and/or a resort fee. Some properties offer free breakfast. Use PL and you might wind up paying for parking and a resort fee. Book direct and you might avoid those fees and get free breakfast. All or most of your PL savings will vanish.

Book a resort and you'll get real savings, even after you pay for parking and a resort fee.

I think the "risk" is booking a 3* (or 2.5*) property. An increasing number of properties are charging for guest parking and/or a resort fee. Some properties offer free breakfast. Use PL and you might wind up paying for parking and a resort fee. Book direct and you might avoid those fees and get free breakfast. All or most of your PL savings will vanish.

Book a resort and you'll get real savings, even after you pay for parking and a resort fee.

So many did, but the hotel we got only has an $8.95 resort fee to begin with, I just hope there will be no other hidden fees when we get there, or I will be quite unhappy.

People using PL need to learn about "free rebids" You add a zone which doesn't have a 3.5* (or higher) hotels, increase your bid and immediately rebid. You'll either win a hotel in your zone or you'll get nothing.
http://www.biddingtraveler.com/ will automate the bidding process for you. Their suggested starting bids are too high.

Using their advanced algorithm you actually have 18 different bids allowed if you want a 3.5* hotel in the DTD area.

That said a 3.5* hotel in the DTD would have probably had higher resort/parking fees.

I would have increased my bid to $55, added a zone with a 3.5 (or higher) hotel and bid before lowering my * level.

I just did my first Priceline transaction and I have to say I am quite happy with the results, the hotel that I got was one I was considering.

I bid $50 for a 3.5 star in the DTD area and that was rejected, so I bid $55 for a 3 star in the same area and got:

Holiday inn Resort Lake Buena Vista
Jan 6-7

This is on the Mousesavers preferred list, so I am sure it's a good one!

I can cancel my reservation at CSR for $153

It's too risky

I would never book a whole week's vacation with HW. I usually book this way for 1 night stays, pre cruise or any time we have a very late arrival at MCO. We love the Hyatt for either circumstance. Why pay $200/nt when I know I can get it for $65?
fwiw, I would stick to 4* hotels to be on the safe side. The 1 time I booked a 2.5* hoping for the Fairfield Inn & got stuck with a Ramada that got poor reviews. I'll stick with my 4*s.

I know this thread is about Priceline. Can anyone offer feedback on LastMinuteTravel.com services? There are a few listings I am watching on the website. One example is the Hilton In DTD for $106 (I know about the $10 parking fee).

In December we stayed with Rosen Shingle Creek @ $52 from Priceline. With all the added fees from Priceline, plus parking (the hotel charges $12/day) it ended up being about $74/day. I bid 4 star on area 11 or 12 (can't remember exactly which one it was). Judging from what I've seen on other sites it is still valid. No shuttle/microwave and parking is a rather long walk- drop your luggage and extra passengers off at the main entrance first. They do have a mini-fridge and the hotel is really nice; think upscale Vegas without the smoke :} Beautiful pool areas and golf course.

I know this thread is about Priceline. Can anyone offer feedback on LastMinuteTravel.com services? There are a few listings I am watching on the website. One example is the Hilton In DTD for $106 (I know about the $10 parking fee).

I don't know if this site is valid but I came across it searching for a property to stay at recently for $56 a night, plus the resort fees and taxes of course. I don't know when you are looking at staying so it would likely change depending on that.

I can't post links yet- I'm new to the board- so you'll have to find it on their website, it wasn't hard. The site is orlando vacation . com. It's one of the first places that shows up. Hope that helps!

I have booked a few hotels through lastminutetravel and would do it again in a heartbeat. I have also booked hotels through hotwire successfully (with help from betterbidding.com) and have tried priceline but haven't yet won any priceline bids.

I like lastminutetravel because you can basically find out which hotel you are getting if you do your research and match the photos. I booked the Hampton Inn LBV and Hilton DTD as well at the Hilton Bonnet Creek through lastminutetravel. I have been pleased with all of these and paid a lot less than rack rate! I don't think I'll ever pay full price for a hotel again!:)

I think I paid something like $56 for the Hampton Inn LBV, $79 for the Hilton DTD, and $83 for the Hilton Bonnet Creek - of course rates vary - and those prices are without taxes and fees.

When do you recommend booking with Last Minute Travel? We are about 3 weeks out so I'm wondering if the deals will get better or this is it. Having NO LUCK with priceline.

Saw your post good luck also new last year I had a lot of help.... people here a really nice good luck!

When do you recommend booking with Last Minute Travel? We are about 3 weeks out so I'm wondering if the deals will get better or this is it. Having NO LUCK with priceline.

:thumbsup2 Go ahead and try LMT! It's really NEVER to early! We got 2 rooms at the Hilton DTD in October for about $72 each. Really nice hotel, and perfect for what we needed! HTH's!

:thumbsup2 Go ahead and try LMT! It's really NEVER to early! We got 2 rooms at the Hilton DTD in October for about $72 each. Really nice hotel, and perfect for what we needed! HTH's!

I agree, I always book when I see the hotel and price are available - I have rarely seen a price drop over time.:surfweb:

Has anyone used Priceline to bid for Disney hotels? I know that the Disney hotels are in 2 different zones but I'm wondering if anyone was able to bid and win for a Disney hotel.

I have used PL before with success but not for Disney.

In the case of hotels actually situated within WDW, the only one that I hear about people bidding successfully on with any regularity is the Hilton Walt Disney World in the Downtown Disney area. Note that this is not a Disney-owned or -operated hotel; however, it's still a pretty good win because you are eligible for the theme parks' "extra magic hours" when you stay there. The Swan and Dolphin were in the Name-Your-Own-Price inventory some time ago, and may still be, but I think winning one of those would be very unusual. Ditto the All-Star Music resort, which is a few steps down from the above in terms of room quality, but still offers a lot of amenities (free parking at the theme parks, Disney's Magical Express, extra magic hours, etc.).

Coincidentally, I will be trying for a Priceline room tonight for my upcoming Disney trip. I generally focus on the Universal/I-Drive North area though, as I always have a car with me and this region seems to minimize the risk of aggravating "resort" fees and parking fees.

Final note: make sure to check for any Bonus Cash before you bid. People sometimes have Bonus Cash in their account and don't realize it.

In the case of hotels actually situated within WDW, the only one that I hear about people bidding successfully on with any regularity is the Hilton Walt Disney World in the Downtown Disney area. Note that this is not a Disney-owned or -operated hotel; however, it's still a pretty good win because you are eligible for the theme parks' "extra magic hours" when you stay there. The Swan and Dolphin were in the Name-Your-Own-Price inventory some time ago, and may still be, but I think winning one of those would be very unusual. Ditto the All-Star Music resort, which is a few steps down from the above in terms of room quality, but still offers a lot of amenities (free parking at the theme parks, Disney's Magical Express, extra magic hours, etc.).

Coincidentally, I will be trying for a Priceline room tonight for my upcoming Disney trip. I generally focus on the Universal/I-Drive North area though, as I always have a car with me and this region seems to minimize the risk of aggravating "resort" fees and parking fees.

Final note: make sure to check for any Bonus Cash before you bid. People sometimes have Bonus Cash in their account and don't realize it.

Would you mind letting us know how you make out on your bidding--I'm going mid Feb. and just got $5 bonus cash and will end up doing some bidding of my own.

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I looked at LMT yesterday.

Whats the best way to find out the hotel name since its not listed. One I could figure out.

Also you have to pay in full right?

I'm looking to book for December. I have to save $$ to book then :) have a cruise to pay for first!:banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter