Priceline Bids/results

We got the Radisson-Kissimmee for 8/18-19 for $41+ fees ($13). Looks fine for 1 evening and kids are thrilled with the water slide. Anyone been?

I was looking at betterbidding and saw the list of hotels that charge resort fees. When you are bidding do you know that the hotel charges a fee or do you only find that out after the offer is accepted and paid?

I was looking at betterbidding and saw the list of hotels that charge resort fees. When you are bidding do you know that the hotel charges a fee or do you only find that out after the offer is accepted and paid?

If you're bidding, there is no way of knowing if there is a fee until you are awarded a hotel. I guess you could possibly shoot for an area where there are no resort fees, but not sure you can even do that, I think they are all scattered out.

You can check places like Biddingfortravel and betterbidding Hotels in some zones charge resort fees at all * level. Some hotels only listed as resorts charge resort fees.

Some Orlando hotels in almost every * level charge resort fees. It's a bit of a scam. A hotel with a slightly higher PL rate, but no resort fee, would cost the winning "bidder" less then the hotel he "won".

Is it the same with Hotwire.. Do you find out about the resort fees after you comitted to buy?

Hotwire is slightly more honest. The disclosure of an additional resort fee, but not really the exact amount, is disclosed if you click on details about the hotel.

They list an estimated resort fee but the amount is intentionally fudged in order to make it a little more difficult to identify the hotel before purchasing.

has anyone been able to get a hotel on hotel plaza blvd with the name you own price? would like to get one but not for the same for what I can get on property

Hotwire is slightly more honest. The disclosure of an additional resort fee, but not really the exact amount, is disclosed if you click on details about the hotel.

They list an estimated resort fee but the amount is intentionally fudged in order to make it a little more difficult to identify the hotel before purchasing.

I agree. Hotwire is more straightforward which is why I switched from using priceline to Hotwire. It's worth checking out at least.

Can someone tell me more about Priceline, when do they put out the best deals.

There is no exact answer, but I'll try give you what I think.

Priceline sells hotel rooms at deep discounts when the hotel usually has excess capacity. Hotels usually know what their inventory is like and whether or not they're meeting their targets are or not. That's when they start assigning inventory to Priceline.

So, typically there you're going to get the best deals within the last 2 weeks (not in every case). This is an ongoing debate and if you want to try and time it, check out this post on Priceline - bidding early or late.

In fact, there was a research study done on this (I think by Cornell) and they found that the best time to book a hotel was 8 days in advance of travel or something like that, and the 2nd best was 2 days in advance.

The only problem with that is that while the above may be true long term, short term you might get screwed. E.g., if theres a convention that is taking all the rooms, you might end up with a hotel in an undesired area or you might be paying a lot for a last minute hotel. You never know and it's always a risk.

Contributing my Priceline experience:

Going up to Disney World, originally, for one night, May 10th. On April 25, Bid $40 for 3.5 star in the Lake Buena Vista, Downtown Disney area, rejected. Expanded to 3 star in the same area and hit for Holiday Inn Resort Lake Buena Vista.

Today, we decided to add an extra night on May 11th. Bid $47 for a 3.5 star, again in the Lake Buena Vista, Downtown Disney area and got rejected again. Expanded to include 3 star, same area, and hit for Best Western Lake Buena Vista Resort.

Both look like pretty decent places :)

Hope this helps someone!:thumbsup2

Contributing my Priceline experience:

Going up to Disney World, originally, for one night, May 10th. On April 25, Bid $40 for 3.5 star in the Lake Buena Vista, Downtown Disney area, rejected. Expanded to 3 star in the same area and hit for Holiday Inn Resort Lake Buena Vista.

Today, we decided to add an extra night on May 11th. Bid $47 for a 3.5 star, again in the Lake Buena Vista, Downtown Disney area and got rejected again. Expanded to include 3 star, same area, and hit for Best Western Lake Buena Vista Resort.

Both look like pretty decent places :)

Hope this helps someone!:thumbsup2

I got the Holiday Inn Resort Lake Buena Vista in January, it was really nice, my only complaints were the Time Share pitch they tried to get us to schedule and the pillows were horrible, if you like a firm pillow, they will be fine.

Some of the rooms open to the inside, some to the outside, there is an Applebees on site and it is relatively close to DTD.

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

I got the Holiday Inn Resort Lake Buena Vista in January, it was really nice, my only complaints were the Time Share pitch they tried to get us to schedule and the pillows were horrible, if you like a firm pillow, they will be fine.

Some of the rooms open to the inside, some to the outside, there is an Applebees on site and it is relatively close to DTD.

If you have any other questions, please let me know.
Please thank your soldier for his service for our country! :goodvibes :thumbsup2:cheer2: :wave2: :flower3:

Just got the Rosen shingle Creek 4* sea world area for mothers day weekend for $55 per night. Anyone have any experience there?

Bid $38 + $7 Bonus Cash (Facebook promotion) for a 3* in the SeaWorld/I-Drive/Convention Center zone for late June. I was hoping for the Hyatt Place or maybe the Courtyard. Instead, Priceline "upgraded" me to the 3.5* Rosen Plaza. This is an excellent win for $38/night + tax; unfortunately, the fees at this convention-oriented hotel are rather steep as I understand it. Parking charge, internet charge...not sure if they also assess the dreaded "resort fee." :mad:

In all candor, I hadn't considered the possibility of an upgrade. When you bid for a certain star level on Priceline, you are actually bidding for that star level or above. It's easy to forget that. Still, the Rosen Plaza is a very nice place and a good deal even with the extra fees.

Bid $38 + $7 Bonus Cash (Facebook promotion) for a 3* in the SeaWorld/I-Drive/Convention Center zone for late June. I was hoping for the Hyatt Place or maybe the Courtyard. Instead, Priceline "upgraded" me to the 3.5* Rosen Plaza. This is an excellent win for $38/night + tax; unfortunately, the fees at this convention-oriented hotel are rather steep as I understand it. Parking charge, internet charge...not sure if they also assess the dreaded "resort fee." :mad:

In all candor, I hadn't considered the possibility of an upgrade. When you bid for a certain star level on Priceline, you are actually bidding for that star level or above. It's easy to forget that. Still, the Rosen Plaza is a very nice place and a good deal even with the extra fees.

This is a great deal. I have stayed at the Rosen Plaza twice. They did not charge me an internet or resort fee. Since I got my booking through Hotwire, they had a special hotwire parking fee discount, so it was $7. When I stayed I asked for a high floor facing away from the street - ended up getting a great view.

$70 bid for Hilton Downtown Disney for one night (6/21). I still don't understand how this hotel is included in the resort category!

$70 bid for Hilton Downtown Disney for one night (6/21). I still don't understand how this hotel is included in the resort category![/
This is a pretty good deal (since they are the only other hotel, other Disney owned, that offer EMH)... Ive been searching for a discount for Hilton in DTD since March, and nothing! right now the lowest ive found it is 130 a night in September which is "techinically" off peak/low season (I think) and it last year i was able to book it for 90 a night using some discount i found online... I wish I has your luck, id book it in a heart beat :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter