Price for gal of Milk?

I paid $2.99 at Meijer last week. It is on sale this week at Walgreens for $1.99.

Yes, milk prices are on the rise (as well as dairy products).

As a friends of dairy farmers, the rise in price is a long awaited relief, but the rise in the cost of fuel and corn is taking away from the margin.

I quickly stopped complaining about milk prices when I saw what it takes to run a dairy farm.

(BTW ... I believe the government sets the milk price)

$1.99 in Wal-Mart yesterday. $3.85 at Krogers. :confused3 I so dislike Wal-Mart but when you are on a budget things like this matter!

$3.09 or there abouts in Pittsburgh.

The state of Pennsylvania sets prices on milk and nobody can sell below a certain price.

I paid $2.25 for a gallon of skim milk the other day at the local discount megamart... which was high for them. Before that it would fluxuate between $1.99 and $2.10 a gallon. Granted, around here (south-central WI) the transportation costs on milk arn't as bad as they would be in other areas... :laughing:

On that same trip I'd noticed that Woodman's had upped the prices on several items by like a dime or 20 cents... which is irksome when you go to that store specifically to beat the prices at a "normal" grocery store. I shudder to think what their prices are going to rise to. :eek:

WOW! I didn't realize how much we are paying for milk around here. We buy a particular brand of milk from a regional dairy (Mayfield) because it tastes better than any of the store brands. Walgreens puts it on sale about once every two months for $3.69. Normally it is $4.29 at Walgreens & Wal-Mart. At the regular grocery stores it is $4.69 or $4.79. FWIW, the store brands are usually only 50¢ less.

On the other hand, gas is usually cheaper here than most of the rest of the country. I filled up yesterday for $2.95 per gallon.

Here west or Orlando fat free milk ranges from $2.49 to $3.49 a gallon at CVS, which is the cheapest place I've found to buy it. (I don't shop at Wal-Mart, so that *might* be cheaper.)

Anne

Here in SE Minn, a gal of milk starts at about $2.29 for generic brands. Hormone free runs a $1 more.

herc.

Here in Plainfield, IL my Walgreens has it on sale week for $1.99.
Otherwise it's $2.39.
Gas on the other hand is $3.49 :scared1:

Kroger raised milk to 3.49. Walmart raised it to 3.29. Meijer is still 2.55.

Speedway is 2.89 for milk, 3.19 for gas. Too bad we can't run our vehicles on milk.

I just paid 3.46 per gallon for whole milk. It was 3.48 at Wal Mart.... WTH???

About $4.25/gallon. But the store we shop at usually has a buy one get one free deal (Safeway). But the other stores are all about the same but without the deal. I bought a half gallon the other day (we were on the go) and I paid $2.50 almost :eek:

I NEVER buy milk anywhere here in LA except for Walgreens, where the price is a best-in-the-city $2.89 per gallon.

The walmart by my house (just outside Dallas) sells a gallon for $3.48.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter