Pressed Pennies...

AdamsPrincess

I leave you people alone for just a minute look wh
Does anyone know if there is a map of all the pressed penny locations?

Hi, If you do a search on allearsnet.com it will tell you all the different locations that pressed pennies are located throughout the world. It will also tell you what is imprinted on each one too. I found this to be very helpful. Have a great trip. :banana:

Just a warning: A lot of the pressed penny machines seem to out of order a lot... at least they are every time I'm down there!:confused3
For the last three vacations down there I've tried to get a penny at every country in epcot, and there is always a couple out of order. Just so you know!

You can print it out and then stash it away and make it a sort of scavenger hunt during your trip. Then check the list as a last resort.

Have you seen these sites: http://www.presscoins.com/ and http://www.parkpennies.com/wdwwaltdisneyworld/wdwpennies.htm

Do you know to set aside pre-1982 pennies for your pressed pennies? They have a higher copper content and make nicer pressed pennies. Beginning in ' 82, the pennies were mixed with zinc can be kinds of smeared looking.

I didn't know that either. Thank You...going to start picking my pennies out. We forgot our bag of change this past week so I only got 1 penny for my book, kind of bummed but already have all my quarters set out already for the next trip.

There are those who like super clean, shiny pennies and they'll clean older pennies with a pencil eraser or by soaking them in ketchup but rinse thoroughly or the pennies will start to corrode.

Others prefer pennies that aren't quite so clean, they feel that a little bit of dirt makes the image stand out / contrast better.

Here's another tip that I've heard but haven't yet tried: One of the cylinder type containers from the M&M mini's candies is said to work very well for carrying the coins you need for pressing pennies. You can stack up stacks of 2 quarters and 1 penny so you're not fishing through pockets & purses trying to find the right change. It's all ready to go. I don't know how many quarter/penny stacks one container will hold.

There are those who like super clean, shiny pennies and they'll clean older pennies with a pencil eraser or by soaking them in ketchup but rinse thoroughly or the pennies will start to corrode.

Others prefer pennies that aren't quite so clean, they feel that a little bit of dirt makes the image stand out / contrast better.

Here's another tip that I've heard but haven't yet tried: One of the cylinder type containers from the M&M mini's candies is said to work very well for carrying the coins you need for pressing pennies. You can stack up stacks of 2 quarters and 1 penny so you're not fishing through pockets & purses trying to find the right change. It's all ready to go. I don't know how many quarter/penny stacks one container will hold.

I tried this our last trip...worked great for the kids. I stacked two quarters and a penny, then repeated the pattern. I just tossed both tubes in the bag I carry. It was easy to put the pressed pennies back in to (just on an angle) and then when we got back that night the kids would put them in their books.

It also worked great because before we left the kids were involved in getting them ready to go. We sorted through the change jars looking for the shiniest pennies and then they helped fill the tubes. Each kid knew they each got five dollars in quarters (so ten press machines) and when they were gone they were gone. This worked great too because DS4 could 'see' how much he had left.

I love the little tips! I will also be finding all the older pennies and putting them aside for our trip to DL in Dec.

Just a word of warning... don't put wrapped change in your carry on luggage... or at least take them out when going through airport security! At the last minute, I decided to throw 2 rolls of quarters and a roll of pennies in my carry on. Airport Security did not like it at all. I was searched by TSA. They said that on the x-ray machine wrapped coins show up as suspicious items. Who knew??? :confused3 Now I do!

I carried out pennies/quarters in the m&m tubes in my carry on luggage and had no problem going through security both here in NY and in FL, I guess it depends on what TSA agents you get.

I had the penny tubes and the pins to trade in our carry-ons. I just put them in a large clear zipped baggie, pull them out and send it through. Never had a problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter