Prepaid Photopass + now offered at DL

So I emailed on Thursday about possible expiration dates, and I got a reply today.
My original question:

Comments: I want to pre-order the $69.95 PhotoPass pre-arrival package
for our November trip to Disneyland. If I order now, will the voucher
still be good then? How long is the voucher good for?

The reply:
Thank you for your interest in our new PhotoPass+ pre-order offer!

There is no expiration date for the PhotoPass+ pre-order voucher. You
may purchase this package any time between now and 14 days from your
arrival date.

Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Sincerely,

Sherilyn
Disney Photo Imaging Guest Support Team

Funny...I was just going to post asking if DL had photo pass! Anyways..glad I found this posting first! ;) I ordered ours just now!

So I emailed on Thursday about possible expiration dates, and I got a reply today.
My original question:

Comments: I want to pre-order the $69.95 PhotoPass pre-arrival package
for our November trip to Disneyland. If I order now, will the voucher
still be good then? How long is the voucher good for?

The reply:
Thank you for your interest in our new PhotoPass+ pre-order offer!

There is no expiration date for the PhotoPass+ pre-order voucher. You
may purchase this package any time between now and 14 days from your
arrival date.

Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Sincerely,

Sherilyn
Disney Photo Imaging Guest Support Team

I'll order tonight for our November trip, then. Thanks!

Hi all,

I don't plan on doing any of the character breakfasts and I'm not sure about the ride packages - is this still a good value?

Thank you for your insight.

If you don't plan to buy any of the ride photos, then no. See if DLR has the gallery CD with free photopass.

Just read through this entire thread and no where did I see anyone ask about the times it will take to get photos added. I know (at wdw) when having a photo taken by a pp photographer it takes a split second to have the card scanned. What happens if ( in theory) each person getting off ToT has the plus cd? Everyone gets in line to have their cards scanned at the photo counter? Or do you think it might be set up more like test track (at WDW) where cards are scanned as people get off the ride (in wdw test track photos can be added to regular pp cd accounts) I imagine dinning locations won't be an issue... But even turning in the voucher, how much time do you all think we will wait for that? I know I am WAY over thinking it, but we will be there on a weekend that touring plans predicts will be very busy. I can see this is a good deal from a financial standpoint, just want to make sure it is from a time one. In other words.... Being there for only a few days, I don't want to spend too much time in lines for this since we will have such precious little time there as it is.:goodvibes

Just read through this entire thread and no where did I see anyone ask about the times it will take to get photos added. I know (at wdw) when having a photo taken by a pp photographer it takes a split second to have the card scanned. What happens if ( in theory) each person getting off ToT has the plus cd? Everyone gets in line to have their cards scanned at the photo counter? Or do you think it might be set up more like test track (at WDW) where cards are scanned as people get off the ride (in wdw test track photos can be added to regular pp cd accounts) I imagine dinning locations won't be an issue... But even turning in the voucher, how much time do you all think we will wait for that? I know I am WAY over thinking it, but we will be there on a weekend that touring plans predicts will be very busy. I can see this is a good deal from a financial standpoint, just want to make sure it is from a time one. In other words.... Being there for only a few days, I don't want to spend too much time in lines for this since we will have such precious little time there as it is.:goodvibes

Good question! I will ask on Facebook and see if they answer :) I will report back with any answer :)

I wouldn't imagine it would take any longer then getting your # and getting the physical photo. When we were there in January all but Space Mtn. scanned them onto our regular photo pass after buying the pic right at the counter. I think it would actually be a little faster since you wouldn't be waiting around for the pic to be printed and then paying.

I bought this and I hope when I get there I know how to use it. Do any of you have a dumbed down version of how to use this. Or maybe I get it and think it should be more complicated. After a ride with pics I go to the desk there and give them my card and pic number that we are in???? Character breakfast I can ask right there. The photogs in the park I hand my card too or if ods and his girlfriend go off alone tell them to keep cards if they take pics. Rides though they won't get because my card has to be there with them???? Do I have this?

The photogs in the park I hand my card too or if ods and his girlfriend go off alone tell them to keep cards if they take pics. Rides though they won't get because my card has to be there with them???? Do I have this?

They can get the ride photo number and go back later with your card to add the photo to the card as long as this is done within 48 hours of their ride to make sure they still have the photo in the system to be added.

Have fun planning!:goodvibes

I bought this and I hope when I get there I know how to use it. Do any of you have a dumbed down version of how to use this. Or maybe I get it and think it should be more complicated. After a ride with pics I go to the desk there and give them my card and pic number that we are in???? Character breakfast I can ask right there. The photogs in the park I hand my card too or if ods and his girlfriend go off alone tell them to keep cards if they take pics. Rides though they won't get because my card has to be there with them???? Do I have this?

1. For rides - hand the Photopass + card to the person behind the counter and tell them the # of your picture. They find your picture, verify with you that it is the correct picture, and then scan the image to your card. You will get a receipt that says "attraction pp+ is 0.00" because that's for your records (and Disney's so they know).

2. For character meals - hand the Photopass+ card to the photographer. Depending on the location, they may be able to add it right there (the digital image to your card). Otherwise, you will get the print package with a receipt (16 digit #, I think) that you have to bring with you to a Photopass station (at the end of Main Street and there maybe one in DCA). Otherwise, make sure you have that receipt (well, the 16 digit # and you can add it to your online account).

3. For Photopass photographers - either hand them your + card or just get one of their freebie cards. You can add that to your account as well (unlimited # of cards).

I was wondering about this too. I hope it's a quick process.

I was wondering about this too. I hope it's a quick process.

If it's the same that they did at WDW, you have to go to the line where you normally go to buy the print, hand your card to the cashier and tell him or her your photo # (which you should have seen in the room before you got to the line).

So, it depends on how long the line is. It's the same line.

Do you think this would include Disney Studio 365? I don't see it mentioned, but it is connected to the regular photo pass. Just wonderin'.

Do you think this would include Disney Studio 365? I don't see it mentioned, but it is connected to the regular photo pass. Just wonderin'.
Yes...DS365 photos would be included like the BBB photo's as part of the regular Photopass photos

My daughter and I have been wondering about the "stub" you can get after a ride. You know just in case we split up. If I have the younger kids and we are doing pictures with characters in the parks we are worried about the "stub" thing.

Solution ~ if all you need is the number from the ride picture. Use your cell phone or a camera to take a picture of the number as it comes up on the screen. No stub to worry about getting or to lose if you do get it.

I received mine today (Monday) from UPS in Indiana and it was ordered last Wednesday.

Thank you so much to whoever started this. I would have never known!

So, we can't add the ride photos in ourselves online when we get home (to save time at the parks)? We have to do it at the ride counter?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter