Premium Plan for One Night Just for the Tours, LaNouba, etc.??

Just curious, is there a separate section of the boards that people post their trip reports on the premium/platinum plans? Or do they sometimes post it here within this thread? I would have loved the opportunity to do one of these plans but definitely can't now that they have changed the minimum night stay. I would love to see some indepth reports with pictures possibly. Love pictures! lol

I am unsure if people have posted them elsewhere on the boards in Trip Reports - maybe a search? I have seen a few in this thread. Also, Mousesavers.com has a trip report posted (but no photos) and I plan to post mine (a more full report than the one I did in this thread, including photos) on my blog but I am not quite there yet!

Photos will be limited because photography is banned in the backstage areas for the tours, La Nouba, and when riding the segways etc - they had a couple of photo stops but they frowned upon letting go of the handle bars. I didn't take my camera when jet skiing. I took my camera on the fireworks cruise but it was next to impossible to photograph anything in the pitch blackness on Seven Seas Lagoon. I have seen a few photos posted from the paragliding.

Still - it's nice to know there are enthusiastic readers out there!

Just curious, is there a separate section of the boards that people post their trip reports on the premium/platinum plans? Or do they sometimes post it here within this thread? I would have loved the opportunity to do one of these plans but definitely can't now that they have changed the minimum night stay. I would love to see some indepth reports with pictures possibly. Love pictures! lol

I found the attached TR useful for planning my Sep 2011 Plat trip over on the Trip Reports Boards http://161.58.189.97/showthread.php?t=2540184 .

What all are the things we get the vouchers for at check-in? I know Cirque, and I think the photopass. What else? I want to make myself a note, so we don't miss anything. :thumbsup2 Only 13 more days! :woohoo:

What all are the things we get the vouchers for at check-in? I know Cirque, and I think the photopass. What else? I want to make myself a note, so we don't miss anything. :thumbsup2 Only 13 more days! :woohoo:

13 days away - I'm jealous!

Most of the vouchers are mailed to you with your vacation packet... and the back of each one will state the requirement for advance reservations. But honestly, the only vouchers that actually need be presented in person are Richard Petty (no reservation necessary) and possibly the preferred fireworks (reservations necessary).

Your checkin package will include your paperwork, La Nouba voucher (on cc stock which you will turn in at the LN ticket window for paper tickets), and your KTTW card (room key, meals, tickets ...also you will use this to pay for mugs at CS and all activities; recreation, cruise, spa, etc). I believe the tours are already financed via phone reservation since we weren't asked for payment from them.

Depending on what time in the morning you checkin (early/before 7), a manager may not be available to unlock the safe for the La Nouba vouchers. Therefore, you may have to return to pick those up. Otherwise, the rest of your package is presented immediately for use.

Hope this makes sense - enjoy your trip! :goodvibes

Forgot the photopass - keep the photopass card that comes with the mailed packet. This card contains the code letters PLAT which you'll need to redeem online for your free photopass cd. To be on the safe side we only used this one card for all photos throughout our trip.

13 days away - I'm jealous!

Most of the vouchers are mailed to you with your vacation packet... and the back of each one will state the requirement for advance reservations. But honestly, the only vouchers that actually need be presented in person are Richard Petty (no reservation necessary) and possibly the preferred fireworks (reservations necessary).

Your checkin package will include your paperwork, La Nouba voucher (on cc stock which you will turn in at the LN ticket window for paper tickets), and your KTTW card (room key, meals, tickets ...also you will use this to pay for mugs at CS and all activities; recreation, cruise, spa, etc). I believe the tours are already financed via phone reservation since we weren't asked for payment from them.

Depending on what time in the morning you checkin (early/before 7), a manager may not be available to unlock the safe for the La Nouba vouchers. Therefore, you may have to return to pick those up. Otherwise, the rest of your package is presented immediately for use.

Hope this makes sense - enjoy your trip! :goodvibes

Forgot the photopass - keep the photopass card that comes with the mailed packet. This card contains the code letters PLAT which you'll need to redeem online for your free photopass cd. To be on the safe side we only used this one card for all photos throughout our trip.

Perfect, thanks so much! I saw the Richard Petty and fireworks vouchers in our package packet, but I wasn't sure about the other stuff. We are checking in early, but Cirque isn't until our 2nd day so no biggie to go by again later and pick up the vouchers.

My photopass card in the packet doesn't have the PLAT letters in it though. :confused3

I didn't get a special photopass code either. When the time came to claim the photos i emailed photopass. The lovely and helpful Erin asked me for my reservation details and 24 hours later emailed a promo code which when used in the ordering zero'd the photopass cost.
In hindsight if you have time ask for your code - but it was alright for me in the end.
Enjoy your stay.

Moonfaerie, you're so welcome!

I forgot to note an issue we ran into.

When we made payment for our spa services we assumed the spa recognized, by our reservation, that we were on the Plat plan. However, they ran our payment wrong and charged it to our room key instead. We didn't find out until we got home and checked our cc ...since the service was performed on day #2 after checkout.

Not a big deal, but IPO had to trace the charge and then place a claim to recovery for them to credit us which took time to do.

Lehuaann and Sugarglider - Thanks!

Just 1 more question - should we do the online check-in when we hit 10 days or not? I don't want to add to the platinum confusion if I can help it at all. We'll be checking in early (like 6:30 AM early, we can check in that early, right?), so I don't anticipate long lines or anything. ;)

Lehuaann and Sugarglider - Thanks!

Just 1 more question - should we do the online check-in when we hit 10 days or not? I don't want to add to the platinum confusion if I can help it at all. We'll be checking in early (like 6:30 AM early, we can check in that early, right?), so I don't anticipate long lines or anything. ;)

I did online check in and it worked fine. and it was at like 7:00am or something and the room was ready! yay! I did have the little issue of asking for all the vouchers which are kept in the managers safe (or whatever happens with those La Nouba cards) and next time I walked past the reception desk the chap called out and had my card waiting for me - all very smooth.

Oh and the Poly was surprisingly busy in the foyer with everyone off to the various breakfasts they do - but the check in queue was empty

We're back from our Premium Plan trip! We had so much fun! The tours were awesome, we loved the Candlelight Processional, we had awesome meals and just had a great, great time! La Nouba was fabulous, too! I, however, am totally exhausted, and will write a better review when I can make a coherant sentence. :)

We're back from our Premium Plan trip! We had so much fun! The tours were awesome, we loved the Candlelight Processional, we had awesome meals and just had a great, great time! La Nouba was fabulous, too! I, however, am totally exhausted, and will write a better review when I can make a coherant sentence. :)

Can't wait to hear all about it. :goodvibes

Ok - leaving today for a fabulous (I hope!) jam-packed one night platinum package! I can't believe all the extra clothes I'm bringing for this trip - we usually don't go 'fancy'. So excited to try V&A for the first time! Will add a trip report to this so-informative thread when we get back.

We just got back a little over a week ago. here's a little trip report of our 1 night/2 day platinum plan...

Day 1

Went to the front desk a little after 7:00 a.m. Got the new room keys and La Nouba vouchers. Everything went smoothly. Then, went right over to the food court and picked up our refillable mugs and some breakfast pastries with our snack credits.

Our first activity was wave runners at Sammy Duvalls. We got there about 8:50 a.m., filled out some paperwork and were ready to go...
IMG_0198-1.jpg

IMG_0202-1-1.jpg

We arrived back at dock right about 10:00 and immediately jumped into the boat for parasailing. And off we went...
IMG_4418-1.jpg

IMG_0250-1.jpg

There were four other people in the boat with us doing tandem runs, so we didn't get back to dock until about 10:50. We tipped everyone and headed to Animal Kingdom for our 11:30 a.m. lunch at the Tusker House.

After lunch, we made our way to the front of the park for our Backstage Safari Tour. It was a nice tour. We got to see various animal pens(some with animals in them), the food preparation areas, and took a ride on the safari. After the tour, we had about an hour to kill, so we headed over to Rafiki's Planet Watch.

We then made our way to Downtown Disney for La Nouba. We got there about 5:30, went to the ticket window and exchanged our vouchers for the tickets.

After the show, we headed to the Yacht Club for our 8:15 p.m. dinner at Yachtsman Steakhouse.

After dinner, we stopped across the street at Fantasia Gardens for a round of mini golf.

We did have our own car, which made travel from place to place very easy. We made it to everything on time, and never felt rushed. Everything went very smoothly.

I’ll add Day 2 tomorrow.

I took the undiscovered future world tour this morning.... We went into the living seas.... It looks pretty good. After a few mins into the tour the guide explained they had been having issues with the tank. He said that about 900 fish had died... That's a lot of fish! He did explain it had something to do with the filtration system and that it was actually the dolphins that tipped them off. There was a very bad case of bacteria in the tank. He said they are continuing to work out the problems. Anyway good luck to anyone with upcoming trips hope it works outfor you!

~Nannette

My Dolphins in Depth tour got cancelled as well. Did they explain how the dolphins tipped them off? I replaced this part of the platinum pkg with a spa visit and the Richard Petty ride along.

Wall-E - great review and pics! It sounds like you planned your activities perfectly and had a fab time. Looking forward to reading day 2. :goodvibes

We leave for WDW tomorrow! Our Platinum days are Mon & Tues. I'm SOOOO excited!
:cool1:

My Dolphins in Depth tour got cancelled as well. Did they explain how the dolphins tipped them off? I replaced this part of the platinum pkg with a spa visit and the Richard Petty ride along.

From what I understood (our DID was cancelled the night before our PLAT checkin in Sep), the dolphins were behaving strangely and grouping themselves together near the side of the tank. It was found that the filtration system wasn't working properly.

Yes they did. They also told us over 900 fish died... Tank looked pretty empty when we were there.

~Nannette

Has anyone booked a three-day Premium or Platinum pkg for next year? Or are you planning not to do one because you can no longer book just one day?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter