Premium Plan for One Night Just for the Tours, LaNouba, etc.??

What with the holidays, I realized I never came back to do a re-cap of our 1-night Premium Plan trip back in November. We had an amazing time!

We arrived on Sunday night, Nov. 27 and checked into Pop just before 9:00 pm. Within 30 minutes we were waiting for a bus to go to EMH at DHS. My husband and brother-in-law waited 20 minutes standby for Star Tours while my sister and I took in the Osborne Lights. When the guys got done, they met us there to watch more of the light show. Just amazing. We walked over to TSM to see what the wait-time was and although it was listed as about 50 minutes, we went ahead and got in line. It turned out to be about 30. We then went over to RNRC and got in the standby line and again waited about 20 minutes. We left just before midnight to head back to Pop.

Monday, Nov. 28. My sister and I went to check in for our Premium reservations at 7:00. Thanks to this thread, I knew to make sure we got our La Nouba vouchers, and the CM had to hunt for them, but we got them. We had a quick breakfast in the food court before driving over to Epcot. We had no trouble getting in about 8:15 for our 9:00 Segway tour. While we waited, we wandered around the area between the Innoventions buildings. We met up with the rest of our group at 8:45 and went to Segway Central for our training. We all loved riding the Segways and the rest of the day really felt like we were walking soooo slow!!

We had a lunch ADR for Le Cellier at 11:30, which is the first seating time. Before officially opening the restaurant the servers treated us to a rendition of O Canada, which was a nice treat. Following a wonderful meal, we walked over to the American Adventure to catch the Voices of Liberty. They were doing their Christmas music and were fabulous, as always. We then walked to Future World to ride Soarin' (we had grabbed FP after the tour ended) and Spaceship Earth. It rained while we were on Soarin' and after the shower it had cooled off quite a bit, so my sister and I exited the park to get jackets out of the car and came back in to meet up with the guys. We headed over to Chefs de France for our CP dinner ADR. It was raining again and we had to wait quite a little while, but we were seated just as Remy was finishing his rounds, so we got to see him in action. Very cute! We had another terrific meal and headed over towards the line to get in for CP. I think we stood in line about an hour before the show was to start at 8:15. Even though we were in line all the way back by the Japan pavilion, we were able to get close seats on the left side of the ampitheater. We didn't have a good view of Michael W. Smith (awesome narrator!) but the sound was very good and well-balanced. We were on the 2nd row, so well under the roof. My husband and I had never seen the CP and we loved it. We all loved it!

After the show, we went to our designated Illuminations viewing spot, which was the bridge in Italy. We were right at the side of the bridge and had a terrific view of the show. I was surprised, but thrilled, to get to see the "Peace On Earth" part of Illuminations; I didn't realize they started it so early in the season. After it was all over, we spent some time in Mouse Gear buying some treats for those back home, and we were among the last out of the gates around 11:00. First in, last out!

Tuesday, Nov. 29. We again went to the front desk to check in for our last room-only reservation at Pop, grabbed a bite in the food court and headed to MK. I had hoped we'd leave Pop about 8:00 as we had the day before, but we were all dragging a bit! We left about 8:15. Fortunately, we had a quick drive to the TTC and walked to the monorail station and one pulled in as we were walking up the ramp. We made it to the front gate of MK about 8:30 and had plenty of time to check in for our KTTK tour and go get some pictures of empty Main Street and get a couple of Photopass pics taken, too. The CMs by the Chamber of Commerce told us to watch the ramp to see all the characters walk by and that was fun. We also saw the "running of the bulls" as people rushed in -- we saw one man sprinting down Main street! Our KTTK tour guide was Claire, and I can't say enough good things about her. She was just superb. A real treat! We rode Jungle Cruise and Haunted Mansion as part of the tour and it was exactly 2:00 when we walked back up to the Chamber of Commerce to turn in our gear. We had a 5:35 ADR at the Castle and we spent our free time on Space Mtn, Thunder Mtn, Splash Mtn and Pirates, and did a little shopping. We arrived early for our ADR and were just about to have our picture made with Cinderella when our name was called. We loved the atmosphere there, but the food was just so-so. My husband's dish was burned on the edges, mine was just average. But my sister and I took pics with all the princesses and had a ball!

There was a MVMCP that night, so we had to get out shortly after 7:00. We did take a few minutes after dinner to enjoy the Ice Lights on the Castle (my sister had never seen them), and browse through Main Street a minute. After we left MK, we went to DTD for the 9:00 La Nouba show. We had front-row seats on the left side of the stage -- the trapeze artists were directly over our heads! It was an amazing view of some of the acts, like the little girls with the spools, and the acrobats. Others, like the trapeze directly over us, not so great, but when we had made the reservation, the seats were the "best available" so we didn't have much choice. We were all stunned by the show - just amazing artistry and incredible acts.

After La Nouba ended, we went back to Pop. We got up Wednesday morning and headed for home. It was a really neat experience. I wish we could have done it for longer, but we could only be gone for a couple of days. It was awesome for the 4 of us because we've all been to Disney a number of times and seeing the backstage things at MK was a dream come true for us. And riding the Segways was a highlight of the trip, too. I would love to do more of the tours in the future.

So, that's my not-so-brief re-cap! :rotfl: Thanks to whoever started this thread because without it, I never would have known this was possible and it was truly a dream come true for me. pixiedust:

We did the platinum plan Jan 29 - Feb 1 and had a great time. We are two sixty-three year olds and loved every minute. Did La Nouba, Victoria and Albert's, Aqua Seas, Segway Epcot tour, Steam Train Tour, Cinderella's castle dinner , parasailing, jet ski tour, Wishes cruise, reserved viewing Illuminations, carriage ride at Port Orleans, massage and facial at Saratoga Springs. Also several other meals, all great. Favorite activities were jet skis and Segway. Loved V&A and castle dinner. Low point was Wishes cruise - no sound and driver said almost nothing, but fun to see the fireworks from the water. Also had trouble at Grand Floridian desk getting La Nouba vouchers, but it worked out. That was the only voucher required from the desk. Everything else went very smoothly. We just gave our names and off we went.

I would recommend this for taking a non-disney spouse, though it costs a lot. It was a once in a life-time trip for my husband, but I am going back in Dec with a friend and we will probably do the jet ski tour and Epcot Segway just using my annual pass discount.

Great to read your report! You were able to accomplish quite a lot in those 3 days. We got a lot done in just a 1 night stay, but were so tired (and stuffed) we needed to rest the entire next day.

I love your suggestion of doing this with a non-Disney spouse ... gives them a taste of Disney and a chance to see the WHOLE OTHER SIDE of Walt's dream!

Claire - just read your re-cap. Sounds like a great time with family! The original 'post' for this was by clKelley who, unfortunately, had to cancel her planned trip. She travels to WDW frequently as a single and thought doing a 1-night Premium or Platinum in the middle of a 2 week stay would be interesting and unique. Little did she know what she was about to start back in early 2010!

So, once again, to our "FOUNDER" and "Planter of the Seed" clKelley - a great big THANKS and group hug! :grouphug:

So I'm planning to do a 3 day platinum visit in July after spending some time at Universal. It's going to work out between 1750-1990 dollars for the three day stay at a deluxe but I think it will loads of fun.

I have some questions about the Cirque and Petty vouchers. Are they dated? Can I save them for another trip if I can't fit them in? Also anyone know how the wishes cruise works if I am a solo traveler? I hate to take a whole boat out for just me. :goodvibes

Yes the vouchers are dated.
You actually book your seats for Cirque and they give you a gift card to swap for your ticket.
And yes you get the whole boat to yourself if you are the only one! They will put additional people in the boat if they also book that date. Enjoy it!

The cruises are usually combined with other guests but it really depends on how busy your date is. We ended up having a whole boat for my daughter and I for illuminations but the Capt said that did not happen often.

Yes the vouchers are dated.
You actually book your seats for Cirque and they give you a gift card to swap for your ticket.
And yes you get the whole boat to yourself if you are the only one! They will put additional people in the boat if they also book that date. Enjoy it!

The cruises are usually combined with other guests but it really depends on how busy your date is. We ended up having a whole boat for my daughter and I for illuminations but the Capt said that did not happen often.

thanks for the tips ladies...just trying to fit it all in. I want to get my pennies worth :goodvibes

So I'm thinking of doing a non-park to day to do the cruise, La Nouba, Sammy D's parasailing and some breakfast and lunch at resorts

Yep - looks good. With 3 days you won't be as rushed as we, who were doing the 40 hour challenge, were.

If you have read the thread you'll realise that:

• getting around on Disney transport is slow so leave plenty of time between appointments or have a car
  • easier to clump appointments that are closely physically located so you don't waste time criss crossing WDW
  • Don't exhaust yourself doing extra things you wouldn't normally enjoy just for the sake of filling a schedule. 3 days of the plan could be exhausting

I did it alone - and it was good cause it kept me busy and I met a lot of people. I had a couple of things on my own which was very nice but mostly there were plenty of people around to talk with.

Have fun - and hopefully you try a few new things, eat in a few new places and see WDW from a new angle

We did a non-park day with breakfast, jet ski tour, parasailing,lunch, spa appointment, carriage ride at fort wilderness, hoop dee doo, and cirque. it was a full day but balanced out nicely and we never had to rush.

Yep - looks good. With 3 days you won't be as rushed as we, who were doing the 40 hour challenge, were.

If you have read the thread you'll realise that:

• getting around on Disney transport is slow so leave plenty of time between appointments or have a car
  • easier to clump appointments that are closely physically located so you don't waste time criss crossing WDW
  • Don't exhaust yourself doing extra things you wouldn't normally enjoy just for the sake of filling a schedule. 3 days of the plan could be exhausting

I did it alone - and it was good cause it kept me busy and I met a lot of people. I had a couple of things on my own which was very nice but mostly there were plenty of people around to talk with.

Have fun - and hopefully you try a few new things, eat in a few new places and see WDW from a new angle

We did a non-park day with breakfast, jet ski tour, parasailing,lunch, spa appointment, carriage ride at fort wilderness, hoop dee doo, and cirque. it was a full day but balanced out nicely and we never had to rush.

more great tips...thanks so much!

I'm thinking about nixing the Petty experience..it seems to have mixed reviews. SO my non-park day would be something like this:
Boma breakfast, Sammy D's parasailing, lunch at Wave or Sanaa, spa appointment, dinner at Portobello's, Cirque and then wishes cruise....WOW that's going to be busy!!

more great tips...thanks so much!

I'm thinking about nixing the Petty experience..it seems to have mixed reviews. SO my non-park day would be something like this:
Boma breakfast, Sammy D's parasailing, lunch at Wave or Sanaa, spa appointment, dinner at Portobello's, Cirque and then wishes cruise....WOW that's going to be busy!!

yep - you will be busy but not overly pushed. I suppose it depends on how early and how long you have breakfast! Parasailing is quite quick and I don't know how long you are planning to stay in that spa!
Your evening with 3 events is pretty jam packed!
All of it is great fun though

yep - you will be busy but not overly pushed. I suppose it depends on how early and how long you have breakfast! Parasailing is quite quick and I don't know how long you are planning to stay in that spa!
Your evening with 3 events is pretty jam packed!
All of it is great fun though

Yes it will be...I don't think it'll take to long to eat at Boma since I'm on my own. SO I was thinking of a 7:30ish ressie. Then I can be at Sammy D's around 9:00 or 9:30. If I eat at the Wave then I'll do my lunch early like 11:30ish. If I pick Sanaa then I'll do around 12.

It'll be a long day for sure but I think the evening stuff seems pretty relaxing. I'm a big Cirque fan so that part seems really exciting. :goodvibes

Now if I could just get my park days figured out too.

BTW...Is it true that the Dolphins tour does not require a park ticket? If so I might do that for my departure day before I head to the airport.

You don't need a park ticket for Dolphins tour. Sammy's didn't open until 10 during our trip but that may be seasonal...

You don't need a park ticket for Dolphins tour. Sammy's didn't open until 10 during our trip but that may be seasonal...

I'm actually thinking of doing Sammy's a bit later so I can eat at Boma then get my massage rather than Boma travel to Sammy's and then back for lunch and massage.

When I went to Sammy's last October, they were doing the jet ski tours at 9am and then the parasailing commenced from 10am. Parasailing is pretty quick - you are only in the air for 10 - 15 mins so a half hour - 45 mins all up.

If you are only doing the one included spa treatment that only takes 1 hour. So your day will have lots of free time in it.

I went to Sammy's first thing, then over to Fort Wilderness for the 11:30am segway tour. then late lunch, then over to SSR for the facial, then Cirque, then dinner, then collapsed in bed!

If you do your Dolphin tour on your last day, you can shower and change there but be prepared to schlep around a wet swimsuit. Hopefully your trip to the airport is later in the afternoon.

When I went to Sammy's last October, they were doing the jet ski tours at 9am and then the parasailing commenced from 10am. Parasailing is pretty quick - you are only in the air for 10 - 15 mins so a half hour - 45 mins all up.

If you are only doing the one included spa treatment that only takes 1 hour. So your day will have lots of free time in it.

I went to Sammy's first thing, then over to Fort Wilderness for the 11:30am segway tour. then late lunch, then over to SSR for the facial, then Cirque, then dinner, then collapsed in bed!

If you do your Dolphin tour on your last day, you can shower and change there but be prepared to schlep around a wet swimsuit. Hopefully your trip to the airport is later in the afternoon.

:thumbsup2 My flight leaves at 5:40 so I should have plenty of time to get tidied up.

thanks for all the help!

This forum has been so amazing!!!!!!!!!

hpfan100,
Afternoon storms may mess up your afternoon parasailing plans.
They usually recommend doing those in the morning when the weather is calm. Also traveling from Cirque to your Wishes cruise--are you taking a taxi?
You can call Sammy Duvall's and ask info without booking. They are really helpful. Warning though--if you don't know how to waterski, this is not the time to learn. All that jerking over and over again just makes you nauseous. This happened to my daughter on our patinum day.
Definately don't want to be sick on your platinum days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter