• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Premium Annual Passes for DVC Members for $399!

DVC AP: $452
Non-DVD AP: $611

DVD PAP: $595
(With limited time discount: $425)
Non-DVD PAP: $744

Is the Premium AP or the Premier AP the one that gets the 20 percent discount on merchandise?

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

The Premier annual pass gets you 20% off at DL stores, it is only 10% off at WDW.

According to WDW passholder website, the 20% PAP merchandise discount is still in effect:

Walt Disney World Resort Owned and Operated Merchandise Locations

Premium Annual Passholders are eligible to receive a 20% discount and all other Annual Passholders are eligible to receive a 10% discount on select merchandise purchases at Walt Disney World Resort owned and operated merchandise locations.

Those perks are only valid until 12/31/12 so the discount could go away at the end of the year.

According to WDW passholder website, the 20% PAP merchandise discount is still in effect:

Those perks are only valid until 12/31/12 so the discount could go away at the end of the year.

I never even knew that Premium at WDW got 20%. I should get that with my Premier there then. Thanks!

OK, so if I understand correctly... I go in October and buy 2 premier annual passes... I activate one immediately and save the other... next year when the first pass expires in October, I activate the second and that will be good through October 2014.

So I can actually take advantage of the offer to cover 2 years?
Yes but you need to be careful how you purchase the one you want to save until next year. When you purchase an AP/PAP at a park or DTD, you are buying an activated AP/PAP and the clock starts ticking immediately. To pay for a PAP now and save it until next year you will need to purchase it online through the member website or on the phone with MS. You can either get a voucher mailed to you (there is a mailing charge) or use will call and pick it up next year. When you pick up an AP/PAP from will call (or exchange a voucher for an AP/PAP) you receive an activated AP/PAP.

If you want to spread out the payments, buy the one you need for your October trip while you are there and buy the one for next year online or over the phone anytime before the end of the year.

That is my question too, in this case does redeemed mean the same as activated? :confused3
Yes. "Activated" is really the old term, from back when an AP was activated when you used it to enter a park for the first time. Then they changed it so that it is already activated at the time you purchase it or when you redeem/exchange an AP voucher for the actual AP or pick up up an AP at will call. It doesn't matter anymore when you use it for the first time to enter a park. The clock starts ticking from the day when you first have the AP/PAP in your hand.

Yes but you need to be careful how you purchase the one you want to save until next year. When you purchase an AP/PAP at a park or DTD, you are buying an activated AP/PAP and the clock starts ticking immediately. To pay for a PAP now and save it until next year you will need to purchase it online through the member website or on the phone with MS. You can either get a voucher mailed to you (there is a mailing charge) or use will call and pick it up next year. When you pick up an AP/PAP from will call (or exchange a voucher for an AP/PAP) you receive an activated AP/PAP.

If you want to spread out the payments, buy the one you need for your October trip while you are there and buy the one for next year online or over the phone anytime before the end of the year.

Thanks for pointing out the timing for purchase and activation of the second annual pass... I'll do exactly as you suggest! :thanks:

So do I have this correct. We purchased 2 APs and have not picked them up at will call. If I want to buy the Premium APs on our Dec. trip I can save the 2 already paid for and use them the next time as long as I don't pick them up. In other words once you pick them up at will call they are activated? Thanks for the help.

Yes. "Activated" is really the old term, from back when an AP was activated when you used it to enter a park for the first time. Then they changed it so that it is already activated at the time you purchase it or when you redeem/exchange an AP voucher for the actual AP or pick up up an AP at will call. It doesn't matter anymore when you use it for the first time to enter a park. The clock starts ticking from the day when you first have the AP/PAP in your hand.

Thanks, that does make a difference. The other question will be, will they allow you to buy one online or over the phone if you still have a current AP that has not expired?

And as in Maureen case, can you leave ones that have already been purchased in Will Call and buy the new ones. I mean they will know she has some in Will Call.

Honestly I am not sure we will not know until someone actually does it. You know how when you try to call and get info they can't seem to think outside of the box.

DVC AP: $452
Non-DVD AP: $611

DVD PAP: $595
(With limited time discount: $425)
Non-DVD PAP: $744

Hi Tim...
Not trying to nit-pic......just doing some serious number crunching now since we are less than 14 days out now from our trip and need AP's.
DVC Member site is showing DVC AP : $425 (you have $452---typo maybe ?). Hope so. Thanks :)

Here is a chart of AP/PAP prices: http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/tickets.htm#ap

The prices in this chart do not include the sales tax. It looks like Tim's prices do include the sales tax so that's why they are higher. I suspect that the special DVC PAP price of $399 does not include the sales tax so you can compare that number to the numbers in the chart.

Hi Tim...
Not trying to nit-pic......just doing some serious number crunching now since we are less than 14 days out now from our trip and need AP's.
DVC Member site is showing DVC AP : $425 (you have $452---typo maybe ?). Hope so. Thanks :)

Maria:

The $452 price includes the 6.5% tax.

Tax would also have to be paid on the $399 PAP under this offer, bringing it up to (approx) $424.94.

This is great. My family of five all have AP's, but mine is out of "sync" with the others. Theirs renew in mid-November (which is when we usually visit). Mine renews in early June. I've always wanted to sync all five passes, as I just find it easier to pay for and keep tabs on all five passes as one "block". However, up until recently, I stayed at WDW resorts a lot for work conferences. Since i was using my AP all the time, I never really wanted to let my AP lapse and give up the renewal discount, just so I could re-sync all five passes.

So, I could buy the five PAP's with this new DVC discount, let their AP's expire this November, let mine expire in June, and then activate all the PAP's once we're all together in WDW again, yes? Sync problem solved? Did I overlook anything?

Thanks, that does make a difference. The other question will be, will they allow you to buy one online or over the phone if you still have a current AP that has not expired?
Yes, based on this comment in the announcement:

...if you've already purchased an Annual Pass, you can still take advantage of this offer by purchasing it now (between Oct. 1 and Dec. 31, 2012), but waiting to activate it until after your current pass has expired. Passes purchased on this offer must be redeemed by December 31, 2013.

And as in Maureen case, can you leave ones that have already been purchased in Will Call and buy the new ones. I mean they will know she has some in Will Call.
The risk here is if the will call tickets must be picked up by a certain date. In the past you could purchase an AP voucher and hold on to it for years before exchanging it for an AP. Based on comments I've read recently, I'm not sure that's still the case. So I think you could purchase these discounted PAPs even though you have tickets waiting to be picked up. The issue is whether the tickets you already bought will expire if not picked up by a certain date.

Maria:

The $452 price includes the 6.5% tax.

Tax would also have to be paid on the $399 PAP under this offer, bringing it up to (approx) $424.94.

Ahhh....thank you Tim !!! :):):)
The numbers in my head are swirling and swirling since I found the news of this perk today. It's more real this way......:rotfl:

Yes, based on this comment in the announcement:

The risk here is if the will call tickets must be picked up by a certain date. In the past you could purchase an AP voucher and hold on to it for years before exchanging it for an AP. Based on comments I've read recently, I'm not sure that's still the case. So I think you could purchase these discounted PAPs even though you have tickets waiting to be picked up. The issue is whether the tickets you already bought will expire if not picked up by a certain date.

True, that will be the question, can tickets be left in Will Call for that length of time. :confused3

The Premier annual pass gets you 20% off at DL stores, it is only 10% off at WDW.

I never even knew that Premium at WDW got 20%. I should get that with my Premier there then. Thanks!

We have the Premier and we get 20% in DL and WDW. The premium AP for WDW gets 20% in WDW as well as the Premier which is considered the same as the premium.

Funny when they first came out though the looks from the cashiers because they didn't know what the pass was and I had to explain it to them, but now they all recognize it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter