• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Premium Annual Passes for DVC Members for $399!

Will we be able to buy this online? We will be in Disney this month then not again until Jan. When renewal time comes up for the PAP can we just renew it as a regular AP at the DVC discount?

I think we will be able to purchase these online thru the DVC Member website. There is a link to the Walt Disney World Ticket Store on the Members website. I'd be very surprised if we can't use that to purchase these DVC Premium APs between October 1, 2012 and December 31, 2012.

This a GREAT deal from DVC. These Premium APs are only $14 more than the current renewal rate for a DVC AP.

Dumb question: Does anyone know if there is a limit to the number of annual passes you could buy under one membership?

The limit for DVC Members is 8 per household per 12 month period.

From the DVC Members site:

Passes can be purchased online at the Walt Disney World Ticket Store or by visiting any Guest Relations location at all four Walt Disney World Theme Parks and the Downtown Disney area.

Your Disney Vacation Club Member ID Card must be provided and ALL ADULTS must present a valid driver's license or state identification card showing they reside in the same household. Renewals can be purchased 30 days prior to or 30 days after the expiration date. Limit 8 purchases per household, per 12-month period.

•When a Walt Disney World Annual or Premium Annual Pass is ordered through the Walt Disney World Ticket Store an exchange certificate will be sent to you via mail. The certificate can be redeemed at any Walt Disney World Theme Park ticket window by presenting the exchange certificate, your Disney Vacation Club Member ID Card and ALL ADULTS must present a valid driver's license or state identification card showing they reside in the same household. The Pass is good for 365 days from exchange certificate redemption. Renewals will be valid for 365 days from original Pass Anniversary Date.

•When a Walt Disney World Annual or Premium Annual Pass is purchased through any Walt Disney World Theme Park or the Downtown Disney Guest Relations location, your Disney Vacation Club Member ID Card must be provided and all adults must present a valid driver's license or state identification card showing they reside in the same household. The Pass is good for 365 days from the date of redemption. Renewals will be valid for 365 days from the original Pass Anniversary Date.

While I think this is a most EXCELLENT perk, I have to look the gift horse in the mouth and be more than a tad upset that the West Coast US resorts aren't getting any deal NEAR this quality from DVC. With a Premium AP for DLR and DCA at $649, we should get at least the same $399 deal (nevermind that we have far fewer resorts and other stuff, but let's make the deal easy). This is completely ridiculous. If DVC wants to sell more Aulani contracts -- and sees West Coast buyers as a target market -- I can think that this kind of DLR/DCA perk would be a huge incentive, too. I'm probably crafting a letter to Member Services if there's no news of a similar deal by 10/1 for the West Coast.

Does anyone know if these will be able to be "bridged" ? We have 3 park hoppers that we were going to use to be applied to AP's when we visited in October. But regular DVC AP's are $425.

Is the Premium AP or the Premier AP the one that gets the 20 percent discount on merchandise?

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

Yes, this Premium DVC AP just needs to be activated by 12/31/2013 and will then be good for a year.

Cool, we will need need new AP's fall 2013. I can get these when we are at WDW in Oct 2012 and not activate until Fall 2013 :goodvibes

When you renew you can drop back to the no "premium" pass. I have swapped between Premier, Premium and "regular" several times. It's no big deal.

deb010305 said:
Does anyone know if these will be able to be "bridged" ? We have 3 park hoppers that we were going to use to be applied to AP's when we visited in October. But regular DVC AP's are $425.

Interested in this too

I'm so disappointed we purchased our AP a few months ago so we wouldn't be hit all at one time for vacation in December (also another in May) and they are waiting at Will Call. I would have loved to have this but since others have found out there is no way to change it.

While I think this is a most EXCELLENT perk, I have to look the gift horse in the mouth and be more than a tad upset that the West Coast US resorts aren't getting any deal NEAR this quality from DVC. With a Premium AP for DLR and DCA at $649, we should get at least the same $399 deal (nevermind that we have far fewer resorts and other stuff, but let's make the deal easy). This is completely ridiculous. If DVC wants to sell more Aulani contracts -- and sees West Coast buyers as a target market -- I can think that this kind of DLR/DCA perk would be a huge incentive, too. I'm probably crafting a letter to Member Services if there's no news of a similar deal by 10/1 for the West Coast.

Here, here! ::yes::

So, to be clear (because this is a GREAT deal in my mind):
If I buy a pass by 12/31/12, I can activate it ANY time before 12/31-13 and then it will be good for a year?
So if I activate it in Oct. 2013 it will be good through Sept. 2014???

cpster said:
Aw come on DVC...show DLanders some love!

Agree with everyone on this sentiment. With the last price increase, I thought for sure we would see something!!

So, to be clear (because this is a GREAT deal in my mind):
If I buy a pass by 12/31/12, I can activate it ANY time before 12/31-13 and then it will be good for a year?
So if I activate it in Oct. 2013 it will be good through Sept. 2014???

If you activate it in October, 2013, it will be good until that same date in October 2014.

Really great deal...it just solved the dilema I had about what to get DH for our next trip. This makes it a no-brainer....

Cool, we will need need new AP's fall 2013. I can get these when we are at WDW in Oct 2012 and not activate until Fall 2013 :goodvibes

Be sure you get a voucher and not an actual pass. If you buy an actual pass, it will be effective immediately.

What is the current DVC price for the regular annual pass, anyone know without me searching for it.

I am so happy for this. And sorry to the DL'ers, I agree they should extend this per to them as well. I planned to buy PAP next year so now I'll get them when we are down there in November to use next sept for when we are down there longer. That way we can use them next year and in Sept 2014.

OK, so if I understand correctly... I go in October and buy 2 premier annual passes... I activate one immediately and save the other... next year when the first pass expires in October, I activate the second and that will be good through October 2014.

So I can actually take advantage of the offer to cover 2 years?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter