Pregnant and Disney

thanks for sharing your experiences. For those that said i should only ask my doctor, i've not seen one as yet as i've got my first appointment in a few weeks and i will obviously tell them of my trip and ask the same questions. i only have the information i have read online in regards to food with a bit of google searching but i wanted to know what people really experienced and what they did. i know i'm probably making a big deal out of nothing but i worry a lot lol.

thanks for sharing your experiences. For those that said i should only ask my doctor, i've not seen one as yet as i've got my first appointment in a few weeks and i will obviously tell them of my trip and ask the same questions. i only have the information i have read online in regards to food with a bit of google searching but i wanted to know what people really experienced and what they did. i know i'm probably making a big deal out of nothing but i worry a lot lol.

You're going to have a great time. I spoke to my provider the week before I went and she was able to talk me through all the rides and help me feel comfortable with my choices. As far as the food restrictions go that is up to you and your provider. another tip...have your travel partners lug the bags for you and it's ok to sit down and just enjoy the view.

Your doctor will be the best source of advice, and of course it will depend on how your pregnancy is going, but I was able to do a lot when I was 7 months pregnant last summer. My doctor told me I could ride anything at Disney, but I skipped the roller coasters and most of the other rides which are not recommended. I did ride the safari a couple times. The real key is taking it slowly and keeping hydrated. We went in August and I definitely took more rest and drink breaks than I usually do, but it was fine.

When we went last year in Nov, my sister was 5 months pregnant. She was able to ride more than she thought.. She skipped some of her favorite like ToT, Dinosaur, RnRC, TT, BTMR, Splash and a few more. There are more slow moving rides than thrill rides so she was able to do everything that was not bumpy, fast or with hills. She did ride Toy Story Mania and that was fine. Just take it easy in the parks.. we tried but my sisters ankles still swelled up from all of the walking and we took midday breaks each day.

I was 4 months pregnant at WDW last October so I think I can relate! I did most rides that I usually do. I don't ever do roller coasters anyway so that wasn't a big deal. The only thing that I wanted to do that I couldn't was Star Tours. I would have been disappointed with not doing Kiliminjaro Safari but we didn't go to Animal Kingdom so .... Anything that jostles you around too much is a "no go." A previous poster discussed bacteria in food. I got a list from my doctor and just avoided those foods. Some of them surprised me!

I found that I had to walk much slower than I usually do. We are usually the first in line for rope drop and we power walk to our first attraction. I was able to do this but had to rest afterward. Luckily, early mornings in October were much slower than the summer months that we were used to. Just don't overdo and don't think you can't do a lot. You will still have a blast!

I've been to WDW twice when pregnant. Once at 9 weeks with my first (as the matron of honor of a bride who got married at the GF and had an Epcot "Bar Crawl Around the World in Epcot-during F&W, talk about torture!) and at 34weeks with my second child. Really, other than lack of alcoholic drinks and rides with the word "mountain" in them, those trips were no different than any of our others. I did avoid the Safari, but I think I rode everything else other than the bigger roller coasters. Believe me, those babies are a lot less of a worry when they are on the inside instead of the outside at Disney, lol. Try to relax, stress is just as big of a detriment to pregnancy than any of the other "no-no's".

I even had a very persuasive server convince me that some sushi and a few "tastings" of wine were definitely a must at Cali Grill one night on our date night during the trip when I was 34 weeks, and that kiddo is a happy, healthy, crazy, 2 year old now ;-)

Since it's your first child, I would suggest you stop reading the internet until after you see your doctor. For every "feel good" story there are two more about "bad" things. Right now, sit back and relax. You've got the next eighteen years and nine months to think about.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter