• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pregnant again in less than a year.

My DS & DD are 16 months apart and I loved it then and I love it even more now!:lovestruc It was not at all planned---we had lots of trouble having DS so we were thinking trying for our 2nd child because it took years for DS. And next thing I know I have a 6 month old and I am pregnant. They are so close now and go through things one right after the other. It is wonderful for them to have a built-in best friend. Enjoy it....I know I do:thumbsup2

Irish Catholic here!

My mom had 7 children in 9.5 years. Oldest brother was born 4/59 and younger sister in 11/68. She then had a miscarriage and 5 years later (at 41)she had my last sister. My parents actually wanted 12 children.

My grandmother lived with us but there was no other family helping my mom. Dad was an involved parent when he got home from work/on weekends.

My dd are 22 months apart. DD12 was a pleasant surprise. I was terrified when I found out I was pregnant, worrying about money and logistics of daycare. However it all worked out. They are 12 and 14 now. They fight constantly and I look back at their toddler years and wish they got along like that now!

I have Irish twins. My son was eight months old when I got pregnant with my second one. They are 17 months apart. It was hard at first, but now at ages 5 and 3.5 they are awesome. They always have each other. Now I have another on the way, but I left a little more space for my own sanity. ;)

Well we have 4 kids that are all 20-22 months apart from the last. WE LOVE IT!!!! We planned it this way and God blessed us. I wouldn't change a thing. The kids are all close and really enjoy each other. Of course I would have a bazillion kids and be overjoyed.:yay: :love: :cloud9: I love our life and when people say stupid things I just tell them that. I tell them that I love every single minute of it. It's busy yes- but it is wonderful.:love:

BTW- Congrats!!!! You are so lucky!!!!

My oldest are 11 months apart. Than number 2 and number 3 are 19 months apart. Number 3 and number 4 are 22 months apart. Number 4 and number 5 are 22 months apart. And number 5 and number 6 are 23 months apart.

Are you as confused as I am reading that :rotfl:

Not within a year, but my daughter was 13 months old when I got pregnant with my son...and yes it was on purpose. I wanted them 2 years apart, and thought ti may take a little longer than it did, but I was thrilled.

It wasn;t bad at all-DD LOVED her baby brother, no sibling rivalry, it was a lot of hard work, but I'd rather do it all at once liek that than have an independant 4 or 5 year old and have to go back to diapers and bottles and strollers again!

My niece and nephew are 15 months apart, my friends sons are 15 months apart and while it is hard when they are babies, they are very close now--plus your kids are usually basically into the same things, it makes it a lot easier.
My kids have different interests being different sexes, but being so close in age, they like the same shows, play with the same toys, like the same movies, etc.
I wouldn't have it any other way.
Congrats!

My two boys are 11 months apart. It's hard at first but it's great later, they'll once they were old enough to play with each other it got much easier. I had my daughter over 4 years later and wish I had one more so she had someone like my boys have each other.
Congrats!

Another pg stroller pushing mommy here! My 2 are 12 months/12 days apart (March/April)...I remember telling my OB he had to get me past my DS's 1st birthday before I had #2 :laughing: I also remember my poor DH nearly walking off the sidewalk into oncoming traffic when I told him I "thought" I might be pg again while pushing our 3 month old son :scared1: They are now almost 6 & 7. While I love them being close age wise, I won't say it was easy. We wanted our children within 2 years of each other and it took awhile to get pg the 1st time so we figured what was meant to be will be. I had a tubal 5 weeks after DD was born (I have high risk toxic pregnancies so not a good idea for another one).

I think the 1st year is the hardest and yet easiest. You can still spend quality time with #1 because #2 sleeps so much but you also get tired with night time feedings, etc. and #1 doesn't understand why they have to wait 1-5-10 minutes because they are too young. But, you get all your bottle/breast feeding done, all your diapering out of the way and your done for good (If you don't plan on having anymore ;) ) The 2 of them play with each and can occupy themselves together or apart now. They have many of the same friends. They are each others best friends/worst enemies and #1 advocate (after mommy of course).

It can be stressful to think about it now in terms of finances, daycare, space, etc. but I looked at it that right now (for the last 6 years) we are making the LEAST amount we will ever make. Once they are both in school full time (6 months...but whose counting) I can go back to "normal" working hours (instead of retail :scared1: ) and make more money - I took a 30K pay cut to stay home with our kids and work part time nights/weekends to avoid daycare. Has it been "easy", no but it has been worth every second of it! :love:

Good luck and enjoy them while they're young! It goes too fast :cloud9:

First off thank you for all the congrats and well wishes! I appreciate all the advice, stories, and honest views. It's nice to know it's not all doom and gloom for me. ;)

As far as getting ready for the hard times I've become a member in a local Mother's of Mutiples Club and have attended one meeting so far. Everyone I met was so nice and I'm looking forward to attending more meetings/outtings/sales.

Both sides of the family and all of our friends have offered to help out when the babies come and even some before then if I should end up on bedrest. I'm very thankful for them.

I really am looking forward to adding these two blessings to my family. I definitely think I'm stopping here though. The thought of getting pregnant with multiples again is a little too much for me! :scared1:

Congratulations!

My youngest two are 15 months apart. It's not easy, but it was nice to still have so much baby stuff in the house when the youngest was born. I didn't need anything except clothes, because they were born in different seasons.

The older of the two little ones is potty trained now, and my smallest is well on her way to being there... once I'm done with diapers, it will be a cake walk. ;)

Good luck to you with your twins. :lovestruc

(Long post)

Surprises or planned...

Just wondering if any other Disers out there also found themselves in this situation and if it's really as bad as everyone reacts to it.

My daughter, 15 months now, was only 10 months when we found out I was pregnant again. Not just with one but two! This was definitely a surprise for us.

So far everyone that I've come across seems to have the same response "You poor thing..." It's never anything positive.

Most even ask me if this was a planned/IVF pregnancy, due to the twins. Not sure why this should even matter. In my case it was neither. Twins run rampant on my mom's side of the family. I had planned on waiting 5 years before considering another child but obviously we weren't that concerned.
Also if this had been planned what would have been so bad about that?

Oddly enough before my first child I was told I would not be capable of having children. Here I find myself with three in less than two years. Don't get me wrong I'm thrilled! It's just very overwhelming.

I'm sure I can handle it and I would like to hear how it really is from parents who have been there.

My good friend had her first baby 10 months after her wedding. Then when her dd was 10 mos. old, she got pregnant again, with her son. Then when HE was 10 mos. old, she got pregnant again, with dd2. Then when that one was 10 mos. old, she had a pregnancy scare...only to get pregnant again when she was 16 mos. old! :lmao: Her youngest is now 18 mos. old and she is DONE DONE DONE DONE DONE (or so she says). She said it's really stressful but she wouldn't go back and change things. Besides, in 10 years, her home will be relatively peaceful and mine will still be chaotic, as I fully intend to still be having babies up until then. She got it all over with at once!

Congratulations!!!! You will be just fine.... You are very blessed!!!!

I was almost in this boat. BS was 5 months old when I found out I was pregnant again. I PANNICKED!!!!!! What was I going to do? I would have to quit my job, DH would divorce me...... HELP!!!! I sobbed for 2 days straight.

Finally told DH and started to come to grips with the possibility of having 2 babies in the house and had a miscarriage that required a D & C.

This brought another whole flood of different emotions. I felt like I caused this because I did not plan or even want the pregnancy at first. It was awful.

I found out I was thee months pg with #4 when my triplets were nine months old, so I've been there, done that--and not only survived, but thrived! :goodvibes Honestly, I love having all four of mine close in age. They all enjoy the same movies, games, and rides. They have similar skill levels. They play together amazingly well. While #4 was definitely not planned (or expected by any stretch of the imagination!), he has completed our family.

Relax and try to enjoy this little miracle. Revel in each and every moment. Good luck to you!

I had an oops, and got pregnant with my twins when my other kids were 13 months, 3, and 5. I'm not going to lie - the first 2 years will be hard - set up help, because you will need it. Having twins is harder than having 2 close together, and you will have both situations. However, my twins are now 5, and not only best friends, but best friends with my 6 year old - 3 peas in a pod! I wouldn't have it any other way. :thumbsup2

I haven't been in your situation, so I have no advice.

I just wanted to say congratulations, and God bless you all!!! :grouphug:

Steph :hug:

Just stumbled by your thread on accident and wanted to say HELLO :wave:

And Congratulations again!!

Congrats! Mine are 15 months apart. I'd like to tell you it will be easy, but it won't. I'd also like to tell you it will get better as they egt older, and I am sure it will, although, as of yet, it hasn't! Mine are 6 and 7 and fight all the time. On the up side, I have had some nice conversations and exchanged knwoing glances with others in my situation!;)

I have Irish twins. My son was eight months old when I got pregnant with my second one. They are 17 months apart. It was hard at first, but now at ages 5 and 3.5 they are awesome. They always have each other. Now I have another on the way, but I left a little more space for my own sanity. ;)

I always thought that irish twins were born less than a year apart. My sister's kids are 11 months apart - she thinks that's harder than real twins, but it's not! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter