• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pregnant again in less than a year.

imadisneyholic

<font color="green">I met the Tag Fairy at VMK<br>
(Long post)

Surprises or planned...

Just wondering if any other Disers out there also found themselves in this situation and if it's really as bad as everyone reacts to it.

My daughter, 15 months now, was only 10 months when we found out I was pregnant again. Not just with one but two! This was definitely a surprise for us.

So far everyone that I've come across seems to have the same response "You poor thing..." It's never anything positive.

Most even ask me if this was a planned/IVF pregnancy, due to the twins. Not sure why this should even matter. In my case it was neither. Twins run rampant on my mom's side of the family. I had planned on waiting 5 years before considering another child but obviously we weren't that concerned.
Also if this had been planned what would have been so bad about that?

Oddly enough before my first child I was told I would not be capable of having children. Here I find myself with three in less than two years. Don't get me wrong I'm thrilled! It's just very overwhelming.

I'm sure I can handle it and I would like to hear how it really is from parents who have been there.

I have not been there but my sister was and she had a five year old, two year old, a 8.5 month old and a newborn who came a little early. She made it and now they are all in middle school, high school and one in college but it was a tough road for her.

For the people who comment, just smile and say children are a blessing and ignore the negative stuff.

The best thing you can do is accept help when it's offered and try to remain as positve as possible and cry to your best friends in real life when you need to because somehow you will get through it:lovestruc

Congratulations on your wonderful family:love:

Good luck! I know many moms from my mothers of twins club that have been in your situation.

My biggest advice for you....find a good club now. You'll get pregnancy support, early access to the sales, and assistance afterward (unless your family has their own club ;) )

It is actually easy. You aren't as nervous, since this is your 2nd pregnancy. My first 2 were 20 months apart. I felt the baby fit right into our family, since we established a routine with the first one. Don't be afraid to ask for help. The first six weeks are easy, it is the 2nd six weeks, when the babies wake up and really start fussing. My biggest advice is to sleep when all 3 take a nap.

"Irish" wins run amuck in my family!

I have 2 sets of cousins where one was born in January, and he other in December of the same year!:lmao: They were always in the same class @school.

Well, first off, CONGRATULATIONS!!!

This happened to my friend, she was told she wouldn't be able to have children assumably because of her age.... at the time she got pregnant with the twins she was 46, 47 when she had them.... well a couple of months after they were born I get the infamous question, could I be? Umm YES!! GO to the pharmacy & report back, and of course it was positive.... so, she had the next one when she was 48.... the twins are now 3, and the singlet 2... things worked out quite nicely for my friend, her pregnancies were fine, but she had to be careful not to get pregnant again after #3, and I say that only because of her age!

Anyhow, it was wonderful with the twins, and it was wonderful with the single. Don't worry, everything will work out as it should, although some days you will be frazzled, that I guarantee!

My nephews are 11 months apart. My sil needed lots of help when she first came home, but she is doing great with them now. They will soon be 2 and 3. The funniest thing is how much the 2 year old has learned already! Since they are so close in age, she tries to teach them the same things at the same time.

Good luck! It may nto have been planned, but you are blessed. Somedays ti won't seem like it, but you are. :grouphug:

I have 2 sets of cousins where one was born in January, and he other in December of the same year!:lmao: They were always in the same class @school.

that's funny because my sister's kids I mentioned are born in January and December too. The tax write-off was good...but

her husband is Irish so that explains it:thumbsup2

I am one of the children of such a situation.

My sister & I are 10 months & 3 days apart.
My mother always said that it would've been easier if we'd been twins.
At least that way, we would've been going thru all the milestones at about the same time, we could've shared clothes, we would've been out of diapers at about the same time....the list goes on & on.

I think I would've dropped dead from exhaustion!

You'll be able to handle it and you'll be fine. My oldest two are only 13 months apart and my youngest two are 18 months apart. I am so glad now that my kids are so close in age!
We didn't plan it this way, but I have not one regret!

Yep.. been there... I had my dd 8/26/04 and my ds 9/1/05. So NOT planned. I actually scheduled my c-section for sept because I didnt want another August Birthday.

I wish you the best of luck with the twins. I had a friend who did the reverse. twins first than a single a few days shy of the twins birthday. "Irish Triplets"

I will tell you I HATE having them this close.... I am sure someday I will enjoy it.. but its been a few years and I still dont. My older 2 kids are 15 and 8. This were just so much easier when we spaced them out.

ohh.... and a month after I found out I was pregnant with the forth. I called and scheduled hubby a Vasectomy:thumbsup2 I was not taking anymore chances

My ds was 6 mos old when my dd decided to come along. :)

They always entertained each other, and it actually made things easier for me when they were young. They're 20 & almost 19, and still get along, so it's good. My ds used to translate for us when we couldn't understand the baby - it was such a cute time in their lives.

:::sigh::: sometimes I miss those days.

Congratulations :flower:

First of all congrats to you and your family!

Take the comments people are telling you IRL with a grain of salt. When I found out I was expecting my twins, I was NOT happy, and I was faced with "aren't you so EXCITED!" and when I said no, people looked at me like I was nuts. And, for whatever reason, lots of people seem to thing that twins are automatically an IVF situation. There had never been twins on my DH's side, and no twins in my family for over 100 years. Most people just assumed that we'd had fertility issues, wrongly.

Do you have a strong network of family/friends/church members? I did not have any of that when I was expecting any of my children or when they were babies, and it would've made such a difference. Having someone IRL that you can talk to or have come by can be a light in the dark. I agree with the pp, to sleep when all three of them are sleeping. With your children being so close in age, you may be able to get them onto very similar schedules.

You have a HUGE benefit with your oldest still being so small, she will never remember a time when the twins weren't around, so I wouldn't think you'd encounter her feeling that things were so much better when she had mom and dad all to herself.

I will tell you that there will be days that are really hard - as there are whether you have just one child, or just the twins, or three (or more) of assorted ages. Nursing schedules and teething almost sent me over the deep end, let alone potty training, but I made it through to the other side, sanity and sense of humor very much intact.

My saving grace most days was reminding myself (sometimes constantly!) that there would never be another January 21, 2008, ever. There would be days that were harder, and there would be days that were easier, but I wouldn't have to get through THIS day ever again. The days could be sooo long, but the weeks and months went by very quickly.

Also, make sure you keep on communicating with your DH, you guys are in this together and for the long haul, and having that strong bond will help on those hard days.

There will also be lots of fun times - twins interacting with each other is something to see, and your DD will be close enough in age to them to share in lots of those moments. Also, they have built in playmates, which can always be useful.

Again, congrats to you and your family, I think it's a wonderful blessing. Be sure to let us know how you are doing!

This is too funny..I was born in January and my brother was born in December..my mom said in a lot of ways it was easier because we were both in diapers at the same time and we pretty much did everything together! Don't worry it will all work out! :)

Congrats!! I have Irish twins as well. My boys are a year and three days apart. It was hard when they were little, but now at 11 and 12 it is soooo much easier. They are either best friends or worst enemies if you kwim.

Congrats! No experiece here, but my very good friend has Irish twins. She was toting around a 3m old when she got the news of the next one. She said it was tough at first, but she loves how close they are. They are best friends and that's a great thing for them!

my BIL have 2 boys 12 mos apart and they have a very rough time of it.
My cousin has three with twins and baby born when they were two. She has struggled but managed. Don't kid yourself it won't be easy but you'll get through probably very glad once they graduate.

I got pregnant with my second child when my first child was 9 months old (it was planned that way). They are now 8 and almost 7. I would do it the exact same if I had to do it all over again. It was rough at times, but I'm sure even if they had been 4 years apart it would have been rough at times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter