Pregnancy Board!!

I saw this thread when looking for advice to travel with a newborn in Disney world. I am due July 2012 and we have two trips plan, October 2012 and November 2012. Nervous about doing this since this is our first baby. We are very excited about the baby.

Don't be nervous! I am expecting my 2nd baby June 29th and my family and I have a trip planned for December! With my first son, he was born early Sept. 2009 and we went to Disney December 2009...he turned 3 months old down there. Honestly, he was very easy because he mostly napped in the stroller and then would wake up, look around, eat, get changed, and back to sleep!haha. We returned from his 3rd trip this past October (he is 2yrs old) and even though he appreciated the whole "Disney Experience" more now then when he was 3 months, he is also A LOT more work!haha.

hello ladies! I am so excited to jump on this board! I am 9 weeks pregnant with #2! So far, being pregnant with a 17 month old is a lot tougher than the first time! I am so exhausted and a little more sick than the first time around, but still feeling pretty good! We have a late november trip planned for 2012 so our new one will be just about 4 months old at the time. We took DS when he was 10 months and it went great! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that an even littler one will be easy too! Any thoughts?!

hello ladies! I am so excited to jump on this board! I am 9 weeks pregnant with #2! So far, being pregnant with a 17 month old is a lot tougher than the first time! I am so exhausted and a little more sick than the first time around, but still feeling pretty good! We have a late november trip planned for 2012 so our new one will be just about 4 months old at the time. We took DS when he was 10 months and it went great! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that an even littler one will be easy too! Any thoughts?!
Im expecting #1 in August 2012 too! we planned a trip for late June, but are putting off buying any tickets until we have a convo with the doctor. We are considering going earlier rather than after the baby is born, but I hear going with a young one is not so bad at all.

We are expecting number 4, and to our delight, after three pirates, we are expecting a PRINCESS!princess:0

:dance3:This will be the first girl in my husband's family in 40 years!:dance3:

I've already bought a Tinkerbell and a Snow White dress on clearance at Babies -r-us for our September trip. I am due in May.

I did a post for my blog back in November about traveling while early pregnant, and as we have a trip in just 4 weeks, I'm planning on another about going later in the pregnancy. I will turn 28 weeks while we are there. As a long time Disney veteran and a labor and delivery nurse, I have no fears about going. It's February so it won't be too hot, and I know enough to take it easy.

If your interested, here's the link from my post about traveling while pregnant:
http://faith-trust-andpixiedust.blogspot.com/2011/11/youre-pregnant-and-youre-going-to.html

Good luck to all! Can't wait to see all those Disney babies in the parks!

dizkrazkate - Congratulations on a princess! How exciting for your DH's family. I don't doubt she'll be one spoiled little girl!!

Just curious, for those who have just delivered or are getting close, did you freeze any meals ahead of time? I'm looking for ideas. So far we've done lasagna, tamales, pasta sauce, and another Mexican dish our friend makes but I can't remember the name. So, if you have ideas, I would love to hear them!

Hope everyone is doing well. We hopefully have just 6 weeks left and I'm so ready for this to be over!

dizkrazkate - Congratulations on a princess! How exciting for your DH's family. I don't doubt she'll be one spoiled little girl!!

Just curious, for those who have just delivered or are getting close, did you freeze any meals ahead of time? I'm looking for ideas. So far we've done lasagna, tamales, pasta sauce, and another Mexican dish our friend makes but I can't remember the name. So, if you have ideas, I would love to hear them!

Hope everyone is doing well. We hopefully have just 6 weeks left and I'm so ready for this to be over!

Hi! Yes, I did freeze several casseroles and soups with babies #2 and #3. I was too inexperienced to even think about it with #1. We also had several friends bring meals to us in those first weeks, but having something easy to defrost and feed everyone after that was over was a big help.

I think I had turkey tetrazinni, lasagna, spaghetti sauce (I know you can buy it in a jar, but I'm NY Italian and prefer homemade), and a couple of soups. Soups are nice because you can make a salad and add a nice loaf of bread and call it a meal. I fully intend to make some things for our freezer starting in about April, as I am due the first week of May.

Don't be nervous! I am expecting my 2nd baby June 29th and my family and I have a trip planned for December! With my first son, he was born early Sept. 2009 and we went to Disney December 2009...he turned 3 months old down there. Honestly, he was very easy because he mostly napped in the stroller and then would wake up, look around, eat, get changed, and back to sleep!haha. We returned from his 3rd trip this past October (he is 2yrs old) and even though he appreciated the whole "Disney Experience" more now then when he was 3 months, he is also A LOT more work!haha.

Thank you for the kind words. Everyone I tell that I am taking a baby to Disney the look of horror comes over their face. So I am was getting nervous. I really appreciate it. I keep saying that this isnt my first trip to Disney so it is okay if I go back to the room for awhile. Anyways, I really do appreciate the support.

I froze stuff too, including breakfasts. My kids and hubby don't just do cereal and I had NO time or energy in the morning. So we did pancakes and breakfast burritos ahead of time. Dinner wise I did chicken and greenbean casseroles, chicken pot pies, lasagna, stews, and I even put together some crockpot stuff in baggies and froze it so all I had to do was empty the bag and turn on the pot. I think we had meals for about 2 weeks plus stuff others as well.

I'll join!!! This is our first baby together, my DF has 2 children from a previous marriage. We are just over 11 wks and very excited! I was planning a trip this May to the world but after the news of our baby and a new vehicle purchase it has kind of fallen on the back burner lol I've been dropping hints though! ;) so maybe I can talk him into going during food/wine. Baby will be around 5 ms. then and from what I'm reading it is a little easier to tour the world with a baby vs a toddler. Plus I've kind of sold him on the food/wine experience so it maybe a possibility.

As far as pregnancy goes I have felt surprisingly well. Aside from being tired and some smells bother me I have had no nausea or sickness. Our first ultrasound is next Friday an we can't wait to meet our baby!

Hi again! I just thought I would give a little update. DS made his entrance into the world on 12/12 at 36 weeks. My delivery was planned to be early because of suspected placenta accreta. I had a c-section/hysterectomy and it turned out to be placenta increta (placenta had grown into the uterine muscle). The surgery was long and complicated but it went well. DS initially went to the well baby nursery, but after a few hours they transferred him the the NICU because he was having fast respiration. That resolved within 24 hours, but by then he was having feeding issues, so he spent 17 days there.

He has been home for almost 2 weeks now and we are in love! He's a pretty good sleeper and he has just fit perfectly into our little family. His brother and sister love him, though 3 yo DD is having a bit of a hard time adjusting to the changes in the routine. We'll get things ironed out, though.

Here is DS waving goodbye to the NICU:

397957_10150563433639136_705209135_11013667_501436925_n.jpg

Congrats Daniele! He is a cutie. That sounds really scary, but I am glad everyone is doing well now. I am jealous that you have a well baby nursery. My first son would not sleep at the hospital at all, so neither did I, and it was really hard on me that there was no nursery. But, that seems to be the norm here in Phoenix anyway.

I have 6 weeks to go... maybe. My son was born 3.5 weeks early. I am really hoping to make it to at least 37 weeks this time so the baby doesn't have to go through all the preemie tests and we don't have to stay an extra day like last time. 37 weeks is Feb 1, so I am just hoping for a Feb baby! My husband wants another week so this one will come after the Super Bowl. But, the baby has dropped, so we will see.

I am a teacher and starting to really stress out about my maternity leave. I have a wonderful competant sub, so I know it will be fine, but I want to leave her prepared too!

Hi again! I just thought I would give a little update. DS made his entrance into the world on 12/12 at 36 weeks. My delivery was planned to be early because of suspected placenta accreta. I had a c-section/hysterectomy and it turned out to be placenta increta (placenta had grown into the uterine muscle). The surgery was long and complicated but it went well. DS initially went to the well baby nursery, but after a few hours they transferred him the the NICU because he was having fast respiration. That resolved within 24 hours, but by then he was having feeding issues, so he spent 17 days there.

He has been home for almost 2 weeks now and we are in love! He's a pretty good sleeper and he has just fit perfectly into our little family. His brother and sister love him, though 3 yo DD is having a bit of a hard time adjusting to the changes in the routine. We'll get things ironed out, though.

Here is DS waving goodbye to the NICU:

397957_10150563433639136_705209135_11013667_501436925_n.jpg

What a sweetie! It sounds like a long ordeal, but everything worked out just fine. At least you knew about the increta ahead of time. I am an L&D nurse, and an unknown accreda or worse can be a life threatening nightmare for the patient (and the nurse too)! I'm glad little guy did okay too. I wish other patients would realize that although babies usually do just fine, having a baby at 36 weeks is still risky, and not the best for baby (your situation was different). I had a patient this weekend that was mad and treated us like junk because she was upset that we didn't want her to give birth at 32 weeks!!! I hope you are healing well, and that DD3 is getting used to new baby brother!

For the OP that is going to Disney with a baby, NO WORRIES!! Hakuna Matata! I am due in early May, and we are booked in mid-September. The reservation is already made and booked for each of our names including someone named "Baby". You'll be fine!!

My feeling about going to WDW with a baby under 4 months are- 90% of the time, it will be totally easy and awesome. 10% of the time.... well, babies have colic. My son screamed like someone was ripping his arms out of his sockets every single night from 5-10PM from 3-11 weeks and then from 11-14 weeks it got better and he only screamed from 7-10. There was not a thing we could do about it. You name it, we tried it. During the day, he was never really happy and fussed all day long, but didn't scream bloody murder at least. It was hell and I can not imagine how awful that would be to deal with on vacation. Chances are, it will be fine, but I always try to throw that possibility out there because you never know. The good thing is, by the time the baby is a month old, you will know. It is WAY worse than the normal 6 week fussiness. After having been through it, I would never schedule anything non-refundable just in case. But, hopefully it won't happen to anyone here. I don't understand when people say the first few months are a peice of cake and all the baby does is sleep, because that was not my experience at all, but I am hoping for it for this one. But, if this one has colic, at least now I know it does end, and you would never know by interacting with my son now- he is super happy and way less tantrum-y than other kids his age!

Daniele - He is a doll! I'm glad to hear that you are both doing well despite the rough start.

I can't believe I am almost to 5 weeks left! This is going by so quickly! I'm still feeling pretty good, but am getting really anxious to meet my little guy!

I just popped in to update! Hailey Lynn was born on Christmas Eve. So much for waiting till the week after Christmas, huh? We talked to Santa and he came on the 29th instead of the 25th hehehe. We even drove around to see the Christmas lights like we would do on Christmas Eve :) Good thing my older 2 are 5 and 2.5 so they don't know the difference. She was 6lb, 11.4oz and 18 3/4 inches long and both of us are doing great!

We're going on a cruise in May and she'll be almost 5mo old. Maybe we're insane :)

I just popped in to update! Hailey Lynn was born on Christmas Eve. So much for waiting till the week after Christmas, huh? We talked to Santa and he came on the 29th instead of the 25th hehehe. We even drove around to see the Christmas lights like we would do on Christmas Eve :) Good thing my older 2 are 5 and 2.5 so they don't know the difference. She was 6lb, 11.4oz and 18 3/4 inches long and both of us are doing great!

We're going on a cruise in May and she'll be almost 5mo old. Maybe we're insane :)

Congrats! I remember asking about Christmas; too funny that she came on Christmas Eve! Glad you're all doing well; I'm sure the kids were happy as long as they got presents, and you get the tax deduction! :cool1: I have less than two weeks left, and we are going to DW when mine will be 5mo, too.

I'm pregnant with twins, our last. I'm scheduled for cesarean on Leap Year Day. Here's hoping they'll like that birthday (instead of being annoyed at having a birthday only once every four years), if it works out.

They're two more girls! We're not good at having boys!!!

Congrats to all the new mama's!! So exciting for everyone and can't wait to hear updates! :goodvibes

Yay congrats to you guys! I keep looking to see if you've had the little one yet. Beautiful name!

I'm pregnant with twins, our last. I'm scheduled for cesarean on Leap Year Day. Here's hoping they'll like that birthday (instead of being annoyed at having a birthday only once every four years), if it works out.

They're two more girls! We're not good at having boys!!!

WOW congrats on the two newest additions, only a few more weeks left!! Amazing how many girls you have!

As for me - 3.5 weeks left until due date!! 2 more weeks left of work...wish it was less, mainly just so I could sleep in because I am NOT sleeping any more. Like 3 hours/night max with heartburn & pelvic pain. Not fun!!

Hello everyone!

DH and I have a DS9. We always knew we wanted another child, but the time never seemed right. About 9 months ago, right as we were planning our last WDW vacation, we finally realized that if we wait for the perfect time, it would never happen. I didn't want to miss out on any rides or "fun" drinks during our vacation, so we decided to start 'trying' that week.

Four weeks and 1 day after our vacation started, I saw 2 lines! We we're instantly overjoyed. Over the next couple weeks we proceeded to tell almost everyone we knew. Of course, everyone was thrilled because it had been awhile since I had been pregnant! The baby was due within days of our 10 year anniversary.

I miscarried at 6 weeks. As excited as I was to be pregnant, I never felt pregnant. Not physically, or mentally.

One week ago, I called the doctor because I hadn't had a . in 6 weeks. (I had taken a pg test about 2 weeks earlier.) She said to take another test and then we would go from there. It was positive and I feel horrible. :banana:

My nausea and utter exhaustion thrill me because the pregnancy seems more "real." I just hope everything works out okay this time. We aren't telling people yet because it was so hard to tell people when we were no longer pregnant. Here's looking forward to a new baby this fall!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter